Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bathrooms & Tiles...

Options
  • 18-02-2013 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi folks,

Just wanted to get people's thoughts on bathroom/tile places in and around Galway city. Would even consider travelling county galway if needed.

We are putting in new bathrooms so are looking around at the different options for the moment.
    We were in Bathroom world (Liosbaun ind.) and rocha tiles(?) across the road at the weekend. We found both places had really nice stuff and staff were extremely helpful.

We want to shop around though before deciding. Where else would anyone recommend? (sorry if there is already a thread on this, I couldn't see a recent one)

Cheers...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

recommend this place in Tuam www.tuamheating.com
    my mum got bathroom kitted out recently and found them very reasonable

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Oliver_Ahern

thanks for that fifib, we shall certainly check them out!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭fifib

dont be afraid to ask in shops also if you have something in your head/ cut out of a magazine but they dont have it in their displays. they can order stuff in and usually have tonnes of catalogues from different suppliers for ya to browse through
    Also just popped into my head...Joyces in Headford

The only problem with that fifib is everything my girlfriend sees in a magazine is always the most expensive item in the place. I've took to hiding the magazines as a direct consequence!

Ok so now we have ordered our stuff from bathroom world. Think we got a great deal tbh (main bathroom/on-suite) and all looks very nice. Plus the staff were great and very accommodating. Just have to decide on tiles now which we are swaying towards Rocha over tubs and tiles and another store in loughrea. Then next is the kitchen, wardrobes, carpet and doors!!!! Any recommendations my fellow galwegians?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭philboy

I've used this place for tiles and flooring last year. Good selection and prices and can be haggled down. http://www.newlinetiles.com/. Ignore, just seen you ordered your bathroom :)

The carpet place near budget price tiles on the Tuam road is really good. The pricing difference on doors around Galway can vary by up to 50% I found. Just shop around and look online also, mcmahons have a fairly decent website.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭shot2go

i got my kitchen in in house. my dads a carpenter so he fitted it for me, im getting there new sliding wardrobes next week hopefully.
    where is bathroom world? i need to get my bathroom done up asap!

You could try Walshe's heating and Plumbing for the fixtures, just opposite Monaghan's garage on the Tuam road.

Thanks folks! Philboy, you say doors can vary in price dramatically. Is door depot on the high end of this scale or the bottom?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

I don't know what they're like for prices but off the top of my head there are

There's McMahons on the Tuam road (just before Roadstone).

Cutting Edge tiles in Briarhill business park.

Furniture Connexions are also in Briarhill business park.

There's also the Merlin Park Furniture Center (beside Castlegar Hurling Club)

• Advertisement

I will have to check both cutting edge & new line tiles out this week sometime. cheers for all the great advice all! :)

Advertisement