Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Not sure what Visas are available to me, some advice needed!

Options
  • 18-02-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭

Hi guys,

I'm a bit lost as to what visas are now available to me, as I only learnt about the Canada work programme 2013 about a week ago, and they've filled their quota for the year and is now not applicable.

I'm a Graphic Designer, looking to move there for the next while. What I don't know right now, is if I want to move there permanently. I wanted to obtain new experiences overseas and I'm not seeing the J1 Canadian equivalent. The Canada work programme would have been ideal as it would have given me 24 months of unrestricted work opportunities.

Is anyone in the same boat as myself? I know some visas require a job offer before you can apply to them, but given the situation that's fairly unlikely until I get over there.

Any advice would be really appreciated!

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭JustRoss23

the only other option for you is an lmo visa its a sponsored work permit by an employer basically an employer in canada has to prove he could not get a local to do the job if that is the case he can seek to get an lmo for you and you will be allowed to canada but from reading it you will be stuck to the one employer for the duration of the lmo.
    The only other option is to wait till next jan for the iec to open again there will be 10,000 next year:D

Advertisement