Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landline out of use for about 2 years, checking for broadband speed

Options
  • 18-02-2013 2:11pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Had a landline for years, at one stage we had 3, so 4 pairs coming into the property, but at present using a wireless provider, want to find out what speed broadband is now available from wired service.

the only active landline phone number was ported to the wireless service, will there be a dial tone on the cable, or is it hanging and no longer connectable? if it's still a live cable, I can connect a phone to find out the number that's on the line, so that it can be checked for speeds, if I put in the number that's allocated at the moment, I have no idea where that's diverted to, due to the port to wireless.

Thanks

Steve

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Had a landline for years, at one stage we had 3, so 4 pairs coming into the property, but at present using a wireless provider, want to find out what speed broadband is now available from wired service.

the only active landline phone number was ported to the wireless service, will there be a dial tone on the cable, or is it hanging and no longer connectable? if it's still a live cable, I can connect a phone to find out the number that's on the line, so that it can be checked for speeds, if I put in the number that's allocated at the moment, I have no idea where that's diverted to, due to the port to wireless.

Thanks

Steve

[font=Calibri","sans-serif]Hi Irish Steve

Please DM me the address and anyinformation about the lines you have for example the old telephone numbers etc. Also if you connect a phone to the lines and dial 199000 a recorded voice may read back the dormant number associated with the line in question. Once I have this info I will look into what speeds are available.

Regards

Al[/font]

Advertisement