Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bouncers legal rights - what they can and can't do

• 18-02-2013 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

Hi everyone

I was just reading a few posts about bouncers and I start thinking. What are bouncers actually legally allowed to do?

Obviously they're able to refuse you right of entry. They would be able to ask you to leave the premises. I'm pretty sure they could stand in the door entry way in order to block you from coming in.

But can they actually lift their hands and touch you in any way?

I've heard of and even seen bouncers lift their hands and pull and push people that looked like they'd probably leave on their own accord. I've heard even worse stories in the past, of people being pushed to the ground, or coats ripped, or actually grabbed and pulled and pushed all the way through the bar out the front door. It happened to my brother once and if it ever happens again I want to be prepared and know my rights.

I know the Private Security Services Act 2004 covers "door supervisors" but I'm not good at reading legal documents and am not entirely sure how far they are allowed to go in order to enforce their position before crossing the line and breaking the law.

Secondly if a bouncer does break the law before, what are the chances that the person whos' been wronged will be able to get justice? How safe can we feel that the law will protect us, even if some bouncers can't.

(note to any bouncers out there, I've a few friends who are bouncers and most door men of regular places I visit I'm very friendly with. It's just that once in a blue moon guy who thinks because he's a bouncer it gives him the right to basically abuse people that I want to protect myself and others from.)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

If you want to "protect yourself" from a doorman, dont be a díck in a pub/club. If you behave in an orderly manner then you wont ever have a problem with a doorman and wont need to "protect yourself".

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

Thanks Melion for pointing out to me "don't be a dick", but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking what are bouncers legally allowed to do, specially in regards to being physical with the general public.

Also I disagree with you saying "you won't ever have a problem" if you act in an orderly manner.

I do agree the chances are if you act orderly and have good manner etc, chances are you won't ever have to worry about it. I myself have 99% of the time had good manners etc and have never had an issue.

But I've witnessed it happening before (people being physically grabbed and dragged out of a pub for basically being a bit tipsy and happy, not harming anyone or insulting or being rude to anyone) and I do want to know in what circumstances are they allowed to man handle people.

I just want to know if it happens, I can know/say what the act is and what rights bouncers have and individuals have.

I'm not looking for some way to be cheeky and "a dick" and get away with it by spouting legal mumbo jumbo. If that's what you think you've got me wrong. Think of me more like wanting to stand up for anyone whos' being picked on unjustly if the case ever arises. That's all. Better to be prepared and knowledgeable than not right. I'm sure if you ever got into trouble with a bouncer which you didn't deserve you'd be glad to have someone be by your side and back you up when you needed it. It's much harder to do I believe because I Think some people think it's okay or perfectly legal for bouncers to literally pick people up and throw them onto to footpath. Then people tend not to do or say anything, or help the poor person out. I think it's a tragedy and I don't ever want to watch someone bully someone else and just stand by and not do or say anything. If that makes me a dick then fine. I'll wear that badge with honour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88 ✭✭silenceisfoo

illicit007 wrote: »
    If that makes me a dick then fine. I'll wear that badge with honour.

Firstly congratulations on your elevation to martyrdom.
    Secondly, a bouncer can ask you to leave and if you refuse to do so you become a trespasser on the property. He is entitled to remove you from the premises but not throw you on the pavement as this is assault. That is also to say he is entitled to forcibly remove you if you refuse to cooperate and leave.

On another note I had a bouncer mistake me for someone else in a bar in Galway. I was grabbed by the scruff of the neck and literally thrown out the door. and I cut my hands as there was glass. Sent a form to the PIAB. In my subsequent years in Galway I met the bouncer many times and actually struck up a friendship with him. Decent bloke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭SB2013

They have the same legal powers as anyone else. They can use force to protect people or property and they can make a citizens arrest for arrest able offences.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

SB2013 wrote: »
    They have the same legal powers as anyone else. They can use force to protect people or property and they can make a citizens arrest for arrest able offences.

Only if the offence is punishable by imprisonment of 5 years or more.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

They cannot search you without your consent. They can ask for you consent. If you refuse they may refuse you entry.

They do not have the power to detain you unless you have committed or are suspected on reasonable grounds of committing an offence. Most cases I've seen for unlawful detention are settled and admitted. It's almost impossible to defend where a party has been shown to be innocent.

They may ask you to leave a premises. If you refuse they are entitled to use reasonable force.

99% of the time it is a drunk patron's word against several sober security staff, no guesses what way that is going to come down.

There have been several notable cases of Bouncers being done for assault but it is usually on CCTV from a different premises as the CCTV tends to get overwritten by the time you get a discovery order of it (accidently on purposes)

That's about the gist of it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 698 ✭✭✭belcampprisoner

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Fuh Q

When working in the security industry weather as a door supervisor, static guard, store detective ect you must act in a professional manner at all times.
    Any professional security operative should be aware that the essence of security is loss prevention, they should also be aware that they have a duty of care. Their job is to protect the business(including staff and property), clients and the general public.

A door supervisor can use reasonable force when necessary, this force is measured by the amount of resistance used. Therefore the more you resist or struggle the worse off you will be. If a door supervisor acts in a way that is beyond this they may end up creating the loss they are trying to prevent, i.e. assault charges or injury against the door supervisor will cause a loss of earnings or legal fees or a claim against the business.

A good door supervisor will find the middle ground where they can carry out their duties without creating their own problems.

I had an incident last summer when I stopped a man from entering a Hotel, he was drunk and dressed in work wear, he proceeded to verbally abuse me and threaten to kill me. He turned away but turned back and came towards me in a very threatening manner and I could not see his hand which was behind his back. I stepped to the side and kicked the legs from under him while grabbing him by the neck and bringing him to the ground. He landed face down and received a cut to his head and a bloody nose, I held him until the Garda arrived. They viewed CCTV took a statement from me and arrested the man. He has been in touch with the Hotel and feels he was treated unfairly. He went to court and was prosecuted.

Did I act correctly ?
    Would you say I used excessive force ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

They use reasonable force measured by resistance
    That may be true yet why do they abuse it
    I'm not a huge lad (6'2 14 stone) and had incident to which 5 bouncers grabbed me after a lad attacked me in nightclub but I clearly defended myself and he ended up on his arse but yet 5 bouncers felt the need to grab me from all angles and one grabbing my throat and basically tried to suffocate me even though I was telling them il walk out no hassle
    4 let go but one continued to hold my neck
    I then turned to him and said if you want to continue doing what your doing then I should have full rights to protect myself so to walk outside
    He let go and got an earful off head doorman while I walked out no hassle and i apologised to the lad on the door and said cameras will show why I defended myself originally
    My point is why does it take 5or 6 bouncers to restrain 1 person and why abuse the power by taking it too far

I'm not a huge lad (6'2 14 stone) and had incident to which 5 bouncers grabbed me after a lad attacked me in nightclub but I clearly defended myself and he ended up on his arse but yet 5 bouncers felt the need to grab me from all angles and one grabbing my throat and basically tried to suffocate me even though I was telling them il walk out no hassle
    I then turned to him and said if you want to continue doing what your doing then I should have full rights to protect myself so to walk outside
    He let go and got an earful off head doorman while I walked out no hassle and i apologised to the lad on the door and said cameras will show why I defended myself originally
    My point is why does it take 5or 6 bouncers to restrain 1 person and why abuse the power by taking it too far
    The 5 or 6 responded to an incident, they will assist one another for protection.
    It does seem a bit extreme that so many went for you but maybe they saw you as the aggressor ?
    It is unfortunate that a lot of door supervisors act in what is viewed as an excessive manner but the softly softly approach just does not work in many cases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,495 ✭✭✭✭Victor

My point is why does it take 5or 6 bouncers to restrain 1 person
    Safety - for them and you, although the one guy seemed to have got it wrong.

I've seen a guy resisting against 14 gardaí - you never know what you are dealing with when punters have drink or drugs taken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Limericks wrote: »
    Only if the offence is punishable by imprisonment of 5 years or more.

Actually there are others - such as section 8 Criminal Justice (Theft and Fraud Offences) Act, 2001 - which could be foreseen in a pub/club scenario.

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Did I act correctly ?
    Would you say I used excessive force ?

In a case where a man is threatening to kill you and then comes at you in an aggressive manner, I'd say you've a right to protect yourself by physical means at that stage. By knocking him down and holding him down until garda can come I'd say was the best course of action.

I'm all for bouncers protecting themselves and others when some drunk idiot is saying they're going to kill someone. The problem is when bouncers use more force than is necessary to remove someone from a premises, when that person probably would have left if the bouncer just talked to them reasonably. That's the kind of thing I'm talking about. If some joe public attacked a bouncer I'd jump in and defend the bouncer too.
    had incident to which 5 bouncers grabbed me after a lad attacked me in nightclub but I clearly defended myself and he ended up on his arse but yet 5 bouncers felt the need to grab me from all angles and one grabbing my throat and basically tried to suffocate me even though I was telling them il walk out no hassle

A similar incident happened to my brother. He was set on by some maniac and half the pub jumped to his defence as he was mainly trying to avoid the barrage from this nutter. In the end my brother got reefed out of the place, even though he was attacked seemingly for no obvious reason apart from the guy just didn't like the look of him. I can assure any door men that it does not feel nice to be attacked in a bar by a member of the general public then be grabbed by a door man and physically thrown outside.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Kosseegan

I can assure any door men that it does not feel nice to be attacked in a bar by a member of the general public then be grabbed by a door man and physically thrown outside.

Don't upset other customers then.

Kosseegan wrote: »
    Don't upset other customers then.

WTF?

Are you saying that if you upset someone (on purpose or by accident) it's fair enough that person then physically attacks you?

:confused:

WTF?

Are you saying that if you upset someone (on purpose or by accident) it's fair enough that person then physically attacks you?

:confused:

I am saying that if you upset someone enough for that person to attack you, then you can't complain when the bouncers throw you out. Troublemakers are never welcome.

I am saying that if you upset someone enough for that person to attack you, then you can't complain when the bouncers throw you out. Troublemakers are never welcome.

And people who have taking mood changing substances have never over reacted before or attacked at random.

And people who have taking mood changing substances have never over reacted before or attacked at random.

Whether they have or they haven't, they shouldn't be made upset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Whether they have or they haven't, they shouldn't be made upset.

So if a drunk idiot mistakes you for someone else and attacks you with no provocation, it's all your own fault?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,087 ✭✭✭✭Dan_Solo

Melion wrote: »
    If you behave in an orderly manner then you wont ever have a problem with a doorman
    Straight up BS alert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 107 ✭✭yes chance

Thanks Melion for pointing out to me "don't be a dick", but that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking what are bouncers legally allowed to do, specially in regards to being physical with the general public.

Also I disagree with you saying "you won't ever have a problem" if you act in an orderly manner.

I do agree the chances are if you act orderly and have good manner etc, chances are you won't ever have to worry about it. I myself have 99% of the time had good manners etc and have never had an issue.

But I've witnessed it happening before (people being physically grabbed and dragged out of a pub for basically being a bit tipsy and happy, not harming anyone or insulting or being rude
    to anyone) and I do want to know in what circumstances are they allowed to man handle people.

I just want to know if it happens, I can know/say what the act is and what rights bouncers have and individuals have.

I'm not looking for some way to be cheeky and "a dick" and get away with it by spouting legal mumbo jumbo. If that's what you think you've got me wrong. Think of me more like wanting to stand up for anyone whos' being picked on unjustly if the case ever arises. That's all. Better to be prepared and knowledgeable than not right. I'm sure if you ever got into trouble with a bouncer which you didn't deserve you'd be glad to have someone be by your side and back you up when you needed it. It's much harder to do I believe because I Think some people think it's okay or perfectly legal for bouncers to literally pick people up and throw them onto to footpath. Then people tend not to do or say anything, or help the poor person out. I think it's a tragedy and I don't ever want to watch someone bully someone else and just stand by and not do or say anything. If that makes me a dick then fine. I'll wear that badge with honour.
    small town thugs and bullies

seagull wrote: »
    So if a drunk idiot mistakes you for someone else and attacks you with no provocation, it's all your own fault?

You have obviously upset him in some way so you deserve to be ejected. Drunk idiots should not be antagonised. It makes for an unpleasant experience for other customers.

Drunk idiots should not be antagonised.
    Oh, and there was me thinking bouncers were there to turf out drunken idiots. No, they're there to assault people who drunken idiots pick fights with.
    Glad we've cleared that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

You have obviously upset him in some way so you deserve to be ejected. Drunk idiots should not be antagonised. It makes for an unpleasant experience for other customers.

Seriously, cop on.

Dan_Solo wrote: »
    Oh, and there was me thinking bouncers were there to turf out drunken idiots. No, they're there to assault people who drunken idiots pick fights with.
    Glad we've cleared that up.

They are there to turf out troublemakers. It doesn't matter if they are drunken idiots or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 984 ✭✭✭ViveLaVie

They are there to turf out troublemakers. It doesn't matter if they are drunken idiots or not.

Somebody who is minding their own business and gets randomly attacked is not a troublemaker.

But you just admitted that clubs have drunken idiots who are itching to start fights and you are incapable of ejecting them before somebody "antagonises" them.
    So what are the other punters then, like canaries down a mine?

Sensing a few posters here who are used to using "I'm right because I said I am right. Don't try none of your fancy logic on me sonny".:D

Sensing a few posters here who are used to using "I'm right because I said I am right. Don't try none of your fancy logic on me sonny".:D
    Im glad someone said this, this is in my opinion exactly what the problems is when it comes to the drinking culture, there is no reasoning and no common sense.
    Door supervisors become numb from the constant ignorance of the very people they are there to protect.

As for the innocent person being removed from a premises, sometimes its the best strategy for dealing with potential problems. I have often removed people from pubs for their own safety.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,040 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

A similar incident happened to my brother. He was set on by some maniac and half the pub jumped to his defence as he was mainly trying to avoid the barrage from this nutter. In the end my brother got reefed out of the place, even though he was attacked seemingly for no obvious reason apart from the guy just didn't like the look of him. I can assure any door men that it does not feel nice to be attacked in a bar by a member of the general public then be grabbed by a door man and physically thrown outside.

Sometimes it's safer to remove the innocent party from the problem that the problem from the innocent party, especially when there's mind altering substances consumed by all parties. The innocent party is annoyed and resists and since they've had a mind altering substance logic doesn't work so force is required

Fuh Q wrote: »
    Im glad someone said this, this is in my opinion exactly what the problems is when it comes to the drinking culture, there is no reasoning and no common sense.
    Door supervisors become numb from the constant ignorance of the very people they are there to protect.

As for the innocent person being removed from a premises, sometimes its the best strategy for dealing with potential problems. I have often removed people from pubs for their own safety.

Ever watch a police TV program? They never tackle people on their own if they can avoid it. The more people they have the more control they have so less risk of injury for all involved.

But as with all professions, including the Gardaí, always a Richard who takes it too far.

Del2005 wrote: »
    Sometimes it's safer to remove the innocent party from the problem that the problem from the innocent party, especially when there's mind altering substances consumed by all parties. The innocent party is annoyed and resists and since they've had a mind altering substance logic doesn't work so force is required
    I see there's the implied guilt on the innocent party again. You know as well as I do that's it's the guy who's taken the most drugs or booze who'll 99% of the time cause the aggro.
    Not that I don't agree with getting the innocent party out of the place first, as the gang hanging around outside for the "guy who got them chucked" is a recipe for disaster, but couldn't you at least suggest that the troublemakers get the chuck shortly afterwards?

But you just admitted that clubs have drunken idiots who are itching to start fights and you are incapable of ejecting them before somebody "antagonises" them.
    So what are the other punters then, like canaries down a mine?

ALl idiots and people who fight with them should be ejected. If you see a drunken idiot you should report them and have them dealt with rather than antagonising them and allowing an unpleasant situation to develop. You are an adult after all!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭28064212

ALl idiots and people who fight with them should be ejected. If you see a drunken idiot you should report them and have them dealt with rather than antagonising them and allowing an unpleasant situation to develop. You are an adult after all!
    Some drunken idiot mistakes you for another person and starts beating the crap out of you. Should you be thrown out because of it? Because that's what you've said so far

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

If you see a drunken idiot you should report them and have them dealt with rather than antagonising them and allowing an unpleasant situation to develop. You are an adult after all!
    You seem to think that regular punters have a good search of a club when they arrive for the drunkest most wound up thugs they can spot and then go up and tell them their ma is a ****. Handily absolving yourself of any need to determine what caused a fight and you can just chuck all and sundry out.
    So every single fight in a club is caused by two people out for trouble? I can't believe you've ever been to a club, nevermind worked in one.

• Advertisement

You seem to think that regular punters have a good search of a club when they arrive for the drunkest most wound up thugs they can spot and then go up and tell them their ma is a ****. Handily absolving yourself of any need to determine what caused a fight and you can just chuck all and sundry out.

The other leg has bells on it! there is no smoke without fire.

With your attitude i'd imagine your were never let into a club let alone get thrown out of one.

The other leg has bells on it! there is no smoke without fire.
    No smoke without fire!! Hilarious!! You're in a fight therefore it's your fault. Doesn't this apply equally to the bouncers themselves then? They're always getting into fights... no smoke without fire!
    With your attitude i'd imagine your were never let into a club let alone get thrown out of one.
    With your attitude I'd imagine you're a doorman.:rolleyes:

I see there's the implied guilt on the innocent party again. You know as well as I do that's it's the guy who's taken the most drugs or booze who'll 99% of the time cause the aggro.
    Not that I don't agree with getting the innocent party out of the place first, as the gang hanging around outside for the "guy who got them chucked" is a recipe for disaster, but couldn't you at least suggest that the troublemakers get the chuck shortly afterwards?

There's no implied guilt on the innocent party, it's just that sometimes the greater good has to be looked after rather than a innocent drunken persons feelings.

Where did I say they shouldn't be ejected? But you want to make sure that the innocent party isn't hanging around to possible get in more agro

There's no implied guilt on the innocent party, it's just that sometimes the greater good has to be looked after rather than a innocent drunken persons feelings.
    Yes, that's all that ever gets hurt when bouncers throw people out, feelings.
    Great PR there.
    Where did I say they shouldn't be ejected? But you want to make sure that the innocent party isn't hanging around to possible get in more agro
    You implied it when you said you would throw the innocent party out but made no mention of the other guy who started it at all. In fact, you were pretty much of the opinion that in any fight both sides started it.

No smoke without fire!! Hilarious!! You're in a fight therefore it's your fault. Doesn't this apply equally to the bouncers themselves then? They're always getting into fights... no smoke without fire!
    With your attitude I'd imagine you're a doorman.:rolleyes:

The floor of a nightclub is no place for indulging in philosophical dissertations. If you don't want to be ejected, behave yourself.

• Advertisement

The floor of a nightclub is no place for indulging in philosophical dissertations. If you don't want to be ejected, behave yourself.

I have decided your a troll so here is my I'm right, your wrong response.

Drunk people (And sober people) DO not make great choices in identifying people sometimes and will thrash someone who has NEVER even made contact with that person before.

Going by your posts there is no way this is possible when infact it is.

Let me put this scenario to you. You are having a drink with some mates in a nightclub, you have not made any contact with anyone new that night and stuck with your friends. Suddenly you get a dig from behind because some thug mistakes you for someone else or is just in a bad mood. The person who has been attacked is in no way responsible here yet from your posts it seems like you think the person randomly attacked is just as much at fault as the aggressor.

Another scenario, I (As a man) talk to a random girl as she asks me for a light of her cigarette. You talk for a few minutes while smoking without realising there is a jealous boyfriend in the club. He corners you later in the night and attacks you. Would this mean you are at fault aswell because you unknowingly enraged him.

I could go on forever but I am not going too. The fact is. You are wrong, I am right. And I hate being that person.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Another scenario, I (As a man) talk to a random girl as she asks me for a light of her cigarette. You talk for a few minutes while smoking without realising there is a jealous boyfriend in the club. He corners you later in the night and attacks you. Would this mean you are at fault aswell because you unknowingly enraged him.

Smokers are jokers!

Do you sometimes talk to people as a woman?

Do you frequent the Globe?

:pac:

Smokers are jokers!

Do you sometimes talk to people as a woman?

Do you frequent the Globe?

:pac:

Was a made up scenario. I don't smoke, or go to the globe. And who I talk as is my business! :P

Hahaha :)

I have decided your a troll so here is my I'm right, your wrong response.

Drunk people (And sober people) DO not make great choices in identifying people sometimes and will thrash someone who has NEVER even made contact with that person before.

Going by your posts there is no way this is possible when infact it is.

Let me put this scenario to you. You are having a drink with some mates in a nightclub, you have not made any contact with anyone new that night and stuck with your friends. Suddenly you get a dig from behind because some thug mistakes you for someone else or is just in a bad mood. The person who has been attacked is in no way responsible here yet from your posts it seems like you think the person randomly attacked is just as much at fault as the aggressor.

I could go on forever but I am not going too. The fact is. You are wrong, I am right. And I hate being that person.

A bouncer is not going to conduct a tribunal of enquiry on the floor of a club to identify the culpable person in a fracas. The bouncer is going to eject the persons involved. To avoid being ejected the only option is not to get involved.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,827 ✭✭✭✭28064212

To avoid being ejected the only option is not to get involved.
    This is not always possible

Boardsie Enhancement Suite - a browser extension to make using Boards on desktop a better experience (includes full-width display, keyboard shortcuts, dark mode, and more). Now available through your browser's extension store.

Firefox: https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/boardsie-enhancement-suite/

Chrome/Edge/Opera: https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/boardsie-enhancement-suit/bbgnmnfagihoohjkofdnofcfmkpdmmce

I don't think anyone can argue that the best thing to be done in a fisticuffs situation is to clear out all involved, preferably with those most likely to get a kicking being put out first and told to move it fast while the other crew are held for a while before getting the chuck. From a safety point of view this absolutely makes sense.
    What is mind boggling is that people here have also now taken the view that anybody involved in a fight is automatically at fault and is de facto a troublemaker.

I don't think anyone can argue that the best thing to be done in a fisticuffs situation is to clear out all involved, preferably with those most likely to get a kicking being put out first and told to move it fast while the other crew are held for a while before getting the chuck. From a safety point of view this absolutely makes sense.
    What is mind boggling is that people here have also now taken the view that anybody involved in a fight is automatically at fault and is de facto a troublemaker.

That is the way it happens. Most people bring trouble on themselves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,037 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

That is the way it happens. Most people bring trouble on themselves.

On the basis of your thesis of life in a pub, if a drunk mistakes you for another person he/she has a grudge against and attack's you, you brought it on yourself. On the same basis, you could easily become the victim of an attack yourself in a pub, and be ejected with force by a door security operative.

aloyisious wrote: »
    On the basis of your thesis of life in a pub, if a drunk mistakes you for another person he/she has a grudge against and attack's you, you brought it on yourself. On the same basis, you could easily become the victim of an attack yourself in a pub, and be ejected with force by a door security operative.

I take steps to avoid trouble. I don't get attacked in pubs. People who get attacked are never innocent in my experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement