Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

karma_ wrote: »
    All I want from DICE is for them to return to the WW2 period and a remake of '42. Those were the halcyon days of battlefield.

A DLC of some of 1942s best maps as voted by players?

the ability to unlock guns from that era to play in current era and vice versa.

It would have to be a server wide option as it would be quite one sided bar some sniper rifles and pistols maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

All I want from DICE is for them to return to the WW2 period and a remake of '42. Those were the halcyon days of battlefield.

Man, sometimes people have rose tinted glassess on too tight. Going back to 1942 will need to re-address a lot of design decisions that DICE moved away from as the series has developed between 1942- battlefield 2. I'd be nervous that dice as game designers with very different priorities now as then would not suit a return to 1942 (and is probably why 1943 only did the pacific theatre)

I love bf1942, but for all the sheer joy it provides, it was equally if not more so prone to frustration. It was a very inconsistent experience you could 1 hour of the most fun gameplay and then get another 2 of poor match ups or bad design. They've slowly improved that ratio over the series (perhaps stepped back a bit with 2142, which is an excellent game, but again much like 1942 demanded a lot of stars to be aligned to get an excellent game rather then just an average or frustrating one). But it is still something the bf series suffers with right up til now. I'd say Bad company 2 might in out on having the most consistent level of enjoyment from it's design, but battlefield 3 can have *more* enjoyable matches...it can also have those *more* frustrating matches.

I'm also fairly sure the rise of unlocks and assignments in modern fps is just as much to discourage players from leaving a bad match as it was to extend the game's lifespan post launch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    It's amazing how you can make me dislike a little bit more with each post you make on this thread.

Oh!!! You're the noob from battlefield friends!!!

That's nice, thanks.

You might explain the need to say this and anyone (Mr. Serious) what is wrong with teabagging?

BF 1942 = rubbish, rubbish on console anyway (apart from the planes which are deadly)

mozattack wrote: »
    That's nice, thanks.

You might explain the need to say this and anyone (Mr. Serious) what is wrong with teabagging?

well there is the fact that if you teabag all the time it ruins the whole achievment and for lack of a better term pwning of someone you just knifed.

"hey i killed that guy using my m16a3 how freaking awesome am i now watch as i teabag you" thats just pointless and is like eating your favourite food all the time, it loses its appeal and specialness.

On a tactical side you by teabagging is causing your team to possibly lose the game.

when teabagging 2 things happen.
    • you aren't killing anyine
    • you are standing over the body of an enemy where if working in a tight squad you can be easily seen and killed

both of these will cost your team tickets and faffing around time wasting is time that could be spent moving to the next objective.

Don't get me wrong teabagging can be quite a fun and rewarding thing to do like when you finally take out that fecking sniper that was destroying your team or when you have a battle with someone and you are killing each other all over the place and you manage to knife them.

but even then i rarely do it (usually cause i'm dead) but i'm constantly trying for that next objective. I might say lol in the chat box if i get time to heal or something.

Whats your arguements for?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

BF 1942 = rubbish, rubbish on console anyway (apart from the planes which are deadly)

BF'42 was never released on consoles. It and BFV were the greatest two Battlefield titles ever released, far and away superior to the rubbish that came after.

@danniemcq, honestly dont know where to begin on this.... a few teabags per game on people will make my team lose the game?...sure...

How do you know that I am not saving a ticket in holding back and not dying while I teabag?

Arguments for?

- fun
    - it annoys people
    - fun
    - fun

(opps forgot, I am on the thread for the AEK/M16 lovers who dont know what fun mean, they prefer to take a game "serious" and rack up a good SPM)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

That's nice, thanks.

There's nothing wrong with teabagging, its a rather universal social asset of first person shooters. There is whoever something wrong with the person who wants to take it further. It's a sort of obnoxious personality that would be on the same level as that person who writes stupid football rival chants.

To break it down further

1. Its pointless to formalize and expand a teabagging system because in most first person shooters they've already implemented their own nemesis/payback/killcam system that already automatically provides that cake for your poor victim to stuff down, the actual teabagging is/and should be a personal flourish between the players, so making it something in the design both cheapens the actual (little) charm teabagging has and is redundant as a feature.

2. More so for Battlefield 3, there is already a much more satisfying flourish built into the system that compliments with teabagging and provides all the personal player to player touch you are looking complimented with a tracking and award system. Knifing in battlefield 3 is not like knifing in most oher games as it has no major tactical benefit due to the time it takes to kill that one player leaves you far to open, you really only knife when either it's personal or when the other player has f*cked up so badly you can take them easily. Adding the same features to teabagging is redundant.

3. Formally supporting teabagging...well its cringeworthy embarrassing, especially formally by developers/industry. Most cases I can think of it happening, such as activision having a guy done up like a modern warfare soldier teabagging a host at the spike awards and halo 4 developers showing off a new mech vehicle by having it ingame teabag an opponent in its advertising were both pretty stupid as advertisements or official stances, teabagging is like giving the finger, its not funny as part of a something official, it makes a poor punchline and works better as an organic function.

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

BF'42 was never released on consoles. It and BFV were the greatest two Battlefield titles ever released, far and away superior to the rubbish that came after.
    1942 and Vietnam were released on consoles as cut down versions using the frostbite engine, so technically your right but still good games, Vietnam was awesome :D
    God I miss being door gunner on a Huey blasting out Fortunate Son :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

An easter egg in End Game seems to suggest BF2143:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

There's also this.

Battlefield32143_92729_screen.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Nice catches!

here was me thinking 21-43 was my k/d ratio

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

There's also this.

At the time that was found, DiCE dismissed it as a coincidence. However you don't exactly add hover drones in 2142 markings as a coincidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Spear wrote: »
    At the time that was found, DiCE dismissed it as a coincidence. However you don't exactly add hover drones in 2142 markings as a coincidence.

Sure there was Dinosaurs in Wake Island,prompting people to believe they would introduce A Dino Mode much like Horde.

Sure there was Dinosaurs in Wake Island,prompting people to believe they would introduce A Dino Mode much like Horde.

Well all games need more dinosaurs

They referenced the then forthcoming 2142 in BF2 with it appearing on the car licence plates in the last booster pack, and newspapers mentioning the impending comet strike.

23e621a5f6b36915044607a72d4f7b47media800x600-e1324316330198.png

Plus the drone explicitly has 2142 EU markings.

2143 = please no.

If i wanted to play a childish sci-fi FPS i wouldnt be playing BF to begin with.

There is a cool game mode in Far Cry2 (name escapes me).

Basically you try to take all bases like conquest but when you do you then try and hunt down the oppostion team's captain and if killed the team wins. It would eliminate spawn trapping a little.

In FC2 you could vote the captain in or out so it reduced the trolling behaviour which must be tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

I for one dont want any future sci fi ****e.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

I think BF:2143 would be awesome.

Back in 2007, the industry was awash with WW2 shooters. Then COD4 Modern Warfare was released onto the market and the rest is history. There are so many modern military shooters out there now, everyone and their grandmother has made one at this point. Medal of Honour Warfighter flopped and whatever of the new COD, Treyarch have already brought it into the future somewhat.

The next big thing is Destiny, a sci-fi shooter for next gen. Respawn Entertainment (the old IW) are making a "sci-fi" shooter too. There is a market for it for sure and I think we'll be seeing a lot more sci-fi shooters over the next few years. Modern day scenarios are on their way out. It also gives developers a chance to let their imaginations run wild, something that must be contained in todays reality. I think these future games will look unbelievable with the technology of tomorrow. So if DICE goes futuristic, it's a thumbs up from me. :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Hell yeah a sequel to 2142 would be amazing. Titan mode was unreal

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Hell yeah a sequel to 2142 would be amazing. Titan mode was unreal

There are flying Pterodactyl dinosaurs on the new End Game maps.

Dino Mode coming on 2143?! :eek::cool:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

That would be the shiznit

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Why hate on a possible 2143? 2142 was an amazing game. If 2143 is remotely as good as 2142, it's an instabuy for me.

And moz, I really don't know how you can call it childish. Go play 2142 and you'll have a different spin on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭IgsTer

speculation that this will be the big BF4 reveal, certainly looks like it to me..only two weeks away :D
    ajpg-e20b9b54kav.jpg

IgsTer wrote: »
    speculation that this will be the big BF4 reveal, certainly looks like it to me..only two weeks away :D

Is that snow in the background....?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Spear wrote: »
    Is that snow in the background....?
    Yeah, the photo was taken in Ireland.

Can't wait to hear about BF4, problem is that it will put me off BF3 as I will want BF4 so much.

Only problem is see is deciding whether to get it for PS3 or Ps4, etc

• Advertisement

Can't wait to hear about BF4, problem is that it will put me off BF3 as I will want BF4 so much.

Only problem is see is deciding whether to get it for PS3 or Ps4, etc

PC

:p

Advertisement