Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

One thing I REALLY REALLY REALLY want in BF4 is that admins powers be seriously cut back.

Bring back a voting system like in BF2.

FAR too many times have I been kicked/banned by admin for:
    • Killing the admin more than once.
    • Being better than the admin.
    • knifing the admin.
    • Using the helicopter when the admin wants it.
    • Shooting down the helicopter when the admin is using it.
    • accidentally crashing the jet into the admin.
    • laser designating the admin while he's in the helicopter
    • C4 killing the admin

Another thing i'd like is an "avoid server" option in addition to the "favorite server" option. Rarley do i think "oh biy this is an awesome server, must come back here". It's more the case that the admin is a sore losing asshat who has ruined my game by kicking me, and I'd like to avoid this server from now on.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

One thing I REALLY REALLY REALLY want in BF4 is that admins powers be seriously cut back.

• knifing the admin.
    • C4 killing the admin

Another thing i'd like is an "avoid server" option in addition to the "favorite server" option. Rarley do i think "oh biy this is an awesome server, must come back here". It's more the case that the admin is a sore losing asshat who has ruined my game by kicking me, and I'd like to avoid this server from now on.

Server Ratings, although that could be skewed by bad losers etc so maybe a number of times favourited could help?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

• knifing the admin.
    • C4 killing the admin

I'm not saying anything yet, but this will hopefully exist shortly for BF3. :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Now that would be awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Is there a danger than Bf4 will just be a BF3 DLC? Not sure who can it be improved other than graphics (PS3) and player count (PS3) but I think the latter issue isn't actually as much as a problem as people bang on about (apart from armoured kill)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭sebastianlieken

I would imagine bf4 will be released for the next gen consoles such as the ps4 and xbox 720 (or "Loop", or whatever you wanna call it)

player count will have to be upped for the next gen's and there will be a lot more room for graphics development and refinement.

I don't know this now, it just seems more logical. bf3 seems to have squeezed every drop out of the xbox360 so there's no point in a bf4 quiet yet.

It seems as though it would be far easier to develop the ps4, xbox 720, and pc version all at the same time now that they'll all be developed to DX11 standards.

Do you know what would be cool? Some mission based objective ala Rush...

e.g. you hold hostages and have to stop the 'goodies' from saving them and things like that.

Also would be great if there were way more buildings in which you could occupy, kinda Seine Crossing on speed.

Both do-able.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Heres a few simple suggestions for console that should be in BF3 Really.

In between round customisation of kits and load outs.

Notification of the next map \ game mode when the round finishes so you have the option to quit before it loads

allybhoy wrote: »
    Notification of the next map \ game mode when the round finishes so you have the option to quit before it loads

This is an issue on PC too

really annoying

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

allybhoy wrote: »
    Heres a few simple suggestions for console that should be in BF3 Really.

In between round customisation of kits and load outs.

Am I going mad or did the game used to have this ? . Or did Bad Company have it ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Soby wrote: »
    Am I going mad or did the game used to have this ? . Or did Bad Company have it ?
    BF3 never had it, BC2 did.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Some details POSSIBLY leaked, suggesting an asian theme.
    Many new details of DICE’s upcoming next-generation Battlefield 4 FPS have been leaked by Chiphell forums. According to the leaker, the details would be mentioned in the April issue of the Edge magazine while the game itself would be announced at GDC 2013 during 26th – 27th March. A teaser sneak peak along with cover image of Battlefield 4 have already been released which you can view here.
    Battlefield 4 Gets Frosbite 2.5 Engine – Destruction 4.0, Tessellation, Dynamic Weather Affects
    In our previous article, we mentioned how the next generation Battlefield 4 would utilize 80% of the Frostbite engine’s power compared to 30% utilization in Battlefield 3. The new Frostbite 2.5 engine would feature much more enhanced visuals with PC being the lead platform for the game. According to the details, Battlefield 4 would maintain a steady 60 FPS on 720P resolution on both next generation consoles which include the PS4 and Xbox 720 which is a slight bit of a disappointment since earlier rumors suggested 1080P/60 FPS target for the next-gen consoles. However, the next generation consoles including the PC would get 64 players while the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 would stick to the default 24 player setup which is currently seen on Battlefield 4.

Frostbite 2.5 would be a complete overhaul of the current Frostbite 2.0 engine with DirectX 11 compatibility only on PC. Furthermore, the game would feature Dynamic weather effects such as rain, sandstorms, fog, haze and would be totally random. Each map would get these dynamic weather effects and would change depending on the variable conditions. As you may have noted, the cover image shows a glimpse of these weather effects such as rain. Battlefield 4 would also bring back the much renowned and upgraded Destruction 4.0 system to the game which would offer destructible environments and buildings which we saw back in Bad Company 2. PC versions would benefit from compute power which would render these dynamic destructible effects much more realistically. Furthermore, all of the environment including water, terrain and characters/NPC would make use of the new tessellation technology implemented inside Frostbite 2.5.
    Battlefield 4 – Set in China During 2020, Maps, Weapons Confirmed
    The game would be set in 2020 but maintains a modern day setting featuring China and USA as the main infantry factions. The single player section of the game would be around 5-6 hours long in which there would be 2 campaigns of the PLA factions and would bring back the renowned animation effects of Bad Company series. Just like Battlefield 3′s Capsian border where the main tower collapses at the end of the game, a map would be based in Shanghai China at the end of which the Orient Pearl tower would collapse. Not much single player details were given but there are a ton of Multiplayer details such as the maps which include:

Diaoyu Island
    Tiananmen
    Shanghai Bund
    Xizhimen
    Xizhimen Rush

These are only a few of the total maps featured in Battlefield 4. Weapons such as the famouse Chinese J20, Y20, Xianglong would appear in the game along with those from other factions. Two of the confirmed tanks include M1A2 TUSK and PLA Type 99 each featuring their own set of customization options such as laser guidance and armor piercing rounds. Best thing that’s mentioned in the leak is that Air Combat zone would be further increased giving much more room for dog fights with jets.

Commander system as expected is definately making a return to the game with the leading commander Providing fire, recharges and UAV detection support to their team. Skill system has also been overhauled. According to the leak, Micro-transactions would be available in the game but they won’t affect the balance of the game at all and are entirely optional which is great to hear. As for DLC’s, the game would get after a while a map pack which would bring four further maps to the game which include:
    Power station in Dalian
    Daqing oil field
    The great wall of China
    Wake Island (Classic Battlefield Map)

In my Battlefield 4 teaser video post i mentioned that if even half of these features came true, Battlefield 4 would be an absolute beast of an FPS. With today’s leak, things are hyped up on my end and im really looking forward to GDC 2013′s announcement of DICE’s upcoming gem aka Battlefield 4.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/battlefield-4-sticks-720p60-fps-nextgen-consoles-frostbite-25-game-details-leaked-arriving-november-2013/#ixzz2O1b9tZ8G

Hmmmmm would be very skeptical about all of this. Some of the stuff would be great if true though

Some details POSSIBLY leaked, suggesting an asian theme.

i wonder would they not run into the same issues Red Dawn (new movie) had and change Chinese to Koreans so they don't piss of the Chinese so they buy the game.

My other issue was even if the Chinese theme went ahead Tiananmen Square i have a feeling would be wayyyyyyy to controversial for them and it could get the game banned in China.

And while the Great Wall Of China would look class i can't see it working to well. Granted i've never been in real life but i would it not be kinda boring with vast areas of desert and a wall that will get demolshed in minutes with the frostbite 2.5 engine and if it wasn't it would look really bad for the engine.

I'd wonder however if they did run wuith the 2020 setting they could still have the Chinese military gear but have the enemy as N Korea as thats where they get most of their equipment anyway.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

So BF4 = BF3 + rain + BF2 maps?

That's fairly disappointing and lacking in ambition.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭allybhoy

BF3 never had it, BC2 did.

Are you sure? I cant remember it having it, , was fairly sure you couldnt quit before it loaded or customise between games, not on console anyway could be wrong though havent played in a year or so. The Multiplayer menu on BC2 was nearly non existent. You couldnt pick an individual server or set filters etc and can remember wasting dozens of hours having to quit straight out of a server because I was the only player, was so frustrating

Sounds interesting... (reference to the article above)

Going to be a major pain for PS3 users, buy it for PS3 and then buy it for PS4?... Ouch

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

mozattack wrote: »

Going to be a major pain for PS3 users, buy it for PS3 and then buy it for PS4?... Ouch

I can't imagine they'd bother with a different codebranch for PS3 at this point. The extra cost will be hard to justify when the there'd be very little to do to port the same x86 branch over to PS4, with only a little compromised for the older PS4 hardware.

Or just buy the ps4 one, can't see the release being too far apart

danniemcq wrote: »
    Or just buy the ps4 one, can't see the release being too far apart

BF4 autumn 2013, PS4 spring 2014 I would say (in Europe)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

To be honest, im a little disappointed with this If the leaks are accurate. .

I think this is it for DICE. If they want to be the no.1 franchise in the genre they will need to pull out all the stops. And with a fresh start on this new gen tech, it will be crucial to gain a foothold. I was hoping for a 2143 return in some fashion, particularly since the easter egg findings in end game...what on earth was the point in throwing in these futuristic air vehicles and the dinosaurs If we are going to get more of the Same.

I think battlefield 4 needs to do a few things....

First, its time to stop obsessing over call of duty. Focus on your own thing.

Second, you can do this by going back to battlefield 2. Át the touch of a button you can control any soldier on the battlefield. Instead of having these linear cod like missions, Focus on large scale battles where the player can swap between different infantry, planes, tanks, whatever...to clear the battlefield and progress to the next environment. Instead of a sole fps, it would bring some strategic elements to it. I think If they look less at bf3 and more at bf2 for inspiration, it could be a winner for DICE.

Lastly, a halo-esque spartan co op option to play through the campaign with buddies is a must. And perhaps more critically, they need to introduce multiplayer split screen. Bf3 is a great game but its not a party game. Its not fun sitting around with a mate or to waiting for one to finish his match....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Dynamic weather system sounds interesting. But that's about it. I guess we just have to wait out another week to see what's actually going to happen

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

They seem to be really excited about WEATHER!!! YAY!!! :P

Edit: If you login to the site, more of the picture will get revealed apparently. You also get a Battlefield 3 dog tag "I was there"

ktulu123 wrote: »
    http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

They seem to be really excited about WEATHER!!! YAY!!! :P

Edit: If you login to the site, more of the picture will get revealed apparently. You also get a Battlefield 3 dog tag "I was there"

BF4 is crap, the umbrella is OP.

BF4 is crap, the umbrella is OP.

It's EA, an umbrella will be DLC or premium exclusive.

BF4 talk building... I am rank 78, wonder will I make it to 100? Must spam assault and Ziba so!

Seriously though, I'd really like to experience the 6 different ranks like in BF2 (I never played that game but someone included the link above)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,798 ✭✭✭karma_

I get enough of rain when I dander outside, last thing I want to do is have virtual rain piss on me. completely underwhelmed by this BF4 news. As much as I hated 2142 at least a 2143 would have been something different.

It would seem we are getting some water things:

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Details look interesting, 64 players on next gen would be awesome!

• Advertisement

ktulu123 wrote: »
    It would seem we are getting some water things:

For the sake of being a killjoy, various APC/IFVs have propellors at the back for amphibious landings.

Advertisement