Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

Spear wrote: »
    For the sake of being a killjoy, various APC/IFVs have propellors at the back for amphibious landings.
    Yeah, even the Vodnik can go in water! :D
    Not sure about the propellors though...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

This is true, but they would hardly make a big deal about something like that would they?

...oops sorry its DICE :p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

mozattack wrote: »
    BF4 autumn 2013, PS4 spring 2014 I would say (in Europe)

What are these release dates based on? Particularly the European PS4 launch date. Has there been some more info?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Spear wrote: »
    For the sake of being a killjoy, various APC/IFVs have propellors at the back for amphibious landings.

Will be a purchase dlc for 10 euro to use on all vehicles. Standard will be

rowing-oar_500_copyright.gif

Another image popped up on the BF4 landing page: http://battlefieldo.com/threads/aircraft-carrier-revealed-in-battlefield-4.9530/

This has got me a bit excited. I said last year that a titan mode type game play involving attacking an air craft carrier would be unreal. Would be so awesome if this was what was happening :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Naval Warfare, sehr gut

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Maybe we'll get some of this going on :P

5gzlYDB.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

All this talk of submarines... And wasn't that just a glitch in one of the dlcs the mountain one

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

New pic of Battlefield 4 is up.

Image.jpg?p=081209_11:13

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Nuri Sahin wrote: »
    New pic of Battlefield 4 is up.

pic

ENEMY SPLASH INCOMING

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Soby wrote: »
    ENEMY SPLASH INCOMING

If there is a Sub, it'll probably be in the singleplayer. Or more than likely with EA included with a DLC IN 2015:(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I'm looking out the window at constant rain, safe in the knowledge that there's a lot more rain to come. And then realizing that many of use are going to pay €50 for software the simulates that rain. EA may be utter bastards but they're not stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

From a console player's point of view at least we now can look forward to 64 player games so even if BF4 = BF3, we will have that to look forward to.

I hope it is as good as people say. Is it really though?

From a console player's point of view at least we now can look forward to 64 player games so even if BF4 = BF3, we will have that to look forward to.

I hope it is as good as people say. Is it really though?
    64 player is a load of ****e really on most of the maps. I very rarely play anything bigger than 32 player...sometimes 48 player depending on the map but definitely no bigger than that.

Try playing 64 man Close Quarters if you want the lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Some sort of way of having team mates flashlights and lasers not be seen by you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

64 player is a load of ****e really on most of the maps. I very rarely play anything bigger than 32 player...sometimes 48 player depending on the map but definitely no bigger than that.

Try playing 64 man Close Quarters if you want the lolz.

What about 64 player Operation Firestorm, Kharg, Caspian, Bandar Desert and Armored Shield - must be good?

What about 64 player Operation Firestorm, Kharg, Caspian, Bandar Desert and Armored Shield - must be good?
    I personally never play Armored Kill. I play Firestorm and Kharg quite a bit, but still feel 64 players is too much. It's just complete mayhem on even the big maps - as soon as you cap a flag and are just after leaving, someone else is capping it back again. No real flow to the game when there's too many players.

I couldnt imagine trying to fly a chopper in a 64 man server.The amount of pricks with stingers, it would be pointless.

I couldnt imagine trying to fly a chopper in a 64 man server.The amount of pricks with stingers, it would be pointless.

Likewise. On console (PS3 anyway), 12 v 12, a lot of games are against 2-4 people running a Stinger/IGLA set ups these days, so I can only imagine the BS of 64 man players. Novelty would wear off very quickly for me unless the average map size was that of an Armoured Kill map.

I think 32-48 players is plenty enough. 40 I'd be quite content with as I've always thought that a few of the maps and gametypes (Conquest and Conquest Assault namely) could really benefit from from a couple of extra squads in a team.

Caspian Border and Kharg Island, 20 vs 20 would be fine playing CQ IMHO. Probably Operation Firestorm as well.

• Advertisement

I've heard 64 man on metro is 20 lads standing over an ammo box, spamming grenades down the stairs, great craic and they call themselves the master race. lol.What do i want for BF4?.. to get their Sh*t together and put out an alpha so most of the stupid exploits can be sorted out before the game even releases.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I've heard 64 man on metro is 20 lads standing over an ammo box, spamming grenades down the stairs, great craic and they call themselves the master race. lol

From what I've seen of an instance of that, it that it's just a shade short of being stat padding.

GUYS!!! They have confirmed that both Tanks AND Helicopters will be in the game! I'm so excited by this

https://twitter.com/BATTLEFIELDO/status/315873258006278144/photo/1

https://twitter.com/BATTLEFIELDO/status/315873344635404289/photo/1

:(

Looks like a Chinese Type 99 MBT and 2 Mi-28's. So Russia vs China it is :P

Yeah thats the tank anyway, the guys over at Battlefieldo seem to think they are two Apache ah64's. Would be awesome to have 3 factions again

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Yeah thats the tank anyway, the guys over at Battlefieldo seem to think they are two Apache ah64's. Would be awesome to have 3 factions again

They don't look like Apache's to me, but then again I'm not an expert on helis

They don't look like Apache's to me, but then again I'm not an expert on helis

They're Mi-28 Havocs, but the tanks are the slightly older type 96's I think.

hmmm coul this mean 3 factions? Would be awesome!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Yeah, definitely a Havoc:
    mi28.jpg
    looks nothing like an Apache:
    AIR_AH-64A_and_AH-64D_lg.jpg

At least now we really know it's contemporary, I would have liked something different.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭Chorcai

I thought it was the WZ-10 from Bf2....

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/WZ-10

Advertisement