Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 ideas?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,261 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Chorcai wrote: »
    I thought it was the WZ-10 from Bf2....

http://battlefield.wikia.com/wiki/WZ-10

Nah, the cannon, nose and engines are all too different. But since China doesn't use them, and Russia does, it seems to confirm three factions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Been playing bf3 all weekend.

I like the game. How ever conquest on console SUCKS BALLS

please all i want to see is more players on a server :D thats it better hit detection and just the naff stuff that every other half intlelgent gamer has said :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

Word is that the game will be out this year so, "fall 2013". That is great for PC heads but what about us poor console guys. Will we buy BF4 on PS3 and then again on PS4 and have to level up all again (nuts) or wait?

Either option is frustrating to be honest.

Came across this:-

Battlefield 4 will stick with 64 players. Maps are larger and more detailed. FINE
    Three factions: US, Russia, and an unnamed “Eastern/Asian” faction. COOL
    4 classes with “additional features and tweaks” compared to BF3 NIGHTMARE, WHY NOT HAVE 6 CLASSES - REALLY UNHAPPY ABOUT THAT
    Shipping with same amount of maps as BF3, there are plans for lots of DLC.
    DLC is already in planning stages.
    Battlefield 4 Premium will be available on day one and include some perks.
    Most of the guns and vehicles from BF3 will return.
    More squad features.
    Commander feature returns, but won’t be the same as in BF2
    Battlefield 4 is coming out on both current and next gen systems, and PC as well.
    Game is more of an evolution rather than revolution of the series. Both technically and gameplay wise.
    Will ship with more game modes than BF3
    Will ship with more close quarter infantry maps than BF3 FOR GOD'S SAKE, WHY?
    Frostbite 2 engine is pushed further in BF4. Better effects, higher res textures, more detailed game worlds, etc.
    BF3 will still be supported after Battlefield 4 launches.
    There is plan of some sort of integration between BF3 and BF4. Could be Battlelog-only.
    Battlelog will be updated for Battlefield 4 with more social features and more detailed stats.
    Single-player and co-op will return, new writers involved this time.want from Battlefield 4! WHY BOTHER?

Overall = not happy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

Where did you see that?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

If all that is true, fine with me.

Sorry, cant find the link, one of these sites.

Worse news is retention of 4 classes and focus on close quarter infantry fighting. Modern Warfare 4?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    Worse news is retention of 4 classes and focus on close quarter infantry fighting. Modern Warfare 4?
    It's going to be nothing like MW4. Why? I believe when DICE say "close quarters" they are talking about maps such as Grand Bazaar, Seine Crossing etc, which are some of the best BF3 maps IMO.

What exactly is wrong with four classes, assuming they are completely reworked?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

They won't for for a close combat situation, why change a tried and tested formula? Besides, the marine warfare along with tanks and aerial combat suggest to me that the maps could well be larger than BF3, definitely for marine warfare anyway.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

With the press conference held in San Francisco, new information regarding Battlefield 4 emerges to the surface. DICE can finally stop teasing us with pictures and hints - it's time for some cold, hard facts coming straight from the creators. Embargo or not; if we get our hands on solid information, we will share it with you. From a very credible source we can gather the following information being shared with the audience. Buckle up my fellow Battlefield enthusiasts, here's a list of the information and details released at the press conference:

Frostbite 2 is now just a faded memory engraved in the back of our minds. Frostbite 3. No further explanation needed.

Tomorrow, Battlefield.com - the official site of the Battlefield franchise - will get a new design overhaul more fitting to the Battlefield 4 setting.

A new trailer concerning Battlefield 4 will show up on the official Battlefield website tomorrow.

Improved, more efficient destruction will be applied in Battlefield 4. Which, obviously is to be expected with a new Frostbite engine.

http://battlefieldo.com/threads/new-battlefield-4-details-emerged.9662/

• Advertisement

m05l5c3h.jpg

SsmapCIh.jpg

QtEwojvh.jpg

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

Rihanna...Explosions...Standard Military FPS Single Player...BF3.5 :(

No sign of jets. Nothing in marine warfare. Rihanna. What were they thinking? Hopefully the full trailer will be more promising

ktulu123 wrote: »
    Rihanna...Explosions...Standard Military FPS Single Player...BF3.5 :(

What do you expect? :confused: as in what do you as a gamer want?

Well maybe there just trying to attract women in to playing bf3 regarding the hot sexy slutery singer :D

Snowie wrote: »
    What do you expect? :confused: as in what do you as a gamer want?

Well maybe there just trying to attract women in to playing bf3 regarding the hot sexy slutery singer :D

I expected some Battlefield-related music. I expected marine warfare. I expected MORE. And I'm sure most people would agree. However, I'm giving DICE and EA the benefit of the doubt here and looking forward to the 17 minute video.

I expected some Battlefield-related music. I expected marine warfare. I expected MORE. And I'm sure most people would agree. However, I'm giving DICE and EA the benefit of the doubt here and looking forward to the 17 minute video.

Out of a 30 second clip :confused:.... Do you really think thats fair?... Man its a teaser.. its like a woman giving you a gentle squeeze and then walking of dancing really provocatively with her hot friend while eye fvcking you :D

thats what dice are doing :pac:

bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 11,190 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Have to agree Rihanna is a stupid choice for music. But it's only a trailer to see the actual trailer :p So doesn't matter.

17 minutes of single player campaign. Footage is PC

Looks amazing but as a console player it is like looking at a new Ferrari but only having the budget for a Ford Focus so it is rather pointless.

Also single player graphics are always better so I pay little notice to them.

The graphics are no better than the first promo we saw for BF3 to be honest.

Worried about lack of support for PS4... buying the game twice seems silly but it will have to be done I guess (pS3 and PS4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

Worried about lack of support for PS4... buying the game twice seems silly but it will have to be done I guess (pS3 and PS4)

I'm pretty sure I've explained to you already why this was a given from the get go in another thread.

also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83094089&postcount=38

called it!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

There should be a training mode that has to be completed before you can play Multiplayer.

Basic training should unlock Assault class, basic training should include how to spot enemies, how to heal your teammates, how to capture flags and M-COMS, communicate with team-mates and basic squad play

There should also be sniper training, engineer training and Support training to unlock each class, all of which should focus on educating players on the role for each class and specific in game mechanics

vehicle training should allow players to practise flying jets choppers and driving tanks in empty environments or against Bots so people can develop the skills without constantly dying in a game, or wasting the vehicles in a real game

There should be an option for Mic Only servers, where you can not join the game unless you have a mic plugged in and turned on and available for team or squad chat.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,092 Mod ✭✭✭✭ktulu123

meh.. It looks like a standard on rails shooter. Will play it once & forget about it. Really don't know why they bother with Single Player at all. It also just looks like an expansion for BF3, using a lot of the same models(havok, both cars, animations etc..)

I also wish games would **** off using Quick time events, they are not fun.

I hate the fact that i'm about to pay €70 for this :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,408 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

meh.. It looks like a standard on rails shooter. Will play it once & forget about it. Really don't know why they bother with Single Player at all. It also just looks like an expansion for BF3, using a lot of the same models(havok, both cars, animations etc..)

I also wish games would **** off using Quick time events, they are not fun.

I hate the fact that i'm about to pay €70 for this :(

70 euros plus another 60 for the Premium content which will be available from day 1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,419 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

does anyone know the cheapest pre-order price?
    I see Amazon.com has the digital pc standard edition for ~€47

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

SP is for when the servers inevitably crash

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Looks just like BF3 zzzzzzzzzzz
    As for the campaign zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Day 1 premium what a load of ****e.............

Dont get me wrong i think alot of effort went into the premium expansions etc on PC anyway and i think they were worth the price.

But as day 1 stuff !!! i can only imagine the price.

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I've explained to you already why this was a given from the get go in another thread.

also: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=83094089&postcount=38

called it!

No denying you did and I praised you then for your answer.

It makes perfect sense to be honest but disappointing for us console heads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

mozattack wrote: »
    The graphics are no better than the first promo we saw for BF3 to be honest.
    Graphics can't really get a whole lot better to be honest. Graphics are only as good as the person is that draws them on paper first day. The only thing the PC can do better is lighting/shading and particle effects.

Regarding the price, why the fook is it so expensive? BF3 Limited Edition (which included Karkard) was only €35 on Amazon. This time it's €47 for the basic version. Just EA trying to rip people off again as usual.

At least this time online reviews won't be thwarted by any stupid clauses Origin's ToS agreement, because (I assume) everyone is over that by now.

Advertisement