Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BF4 ideas?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

I'd like to see a history of kills in death cam lasting forever. Okay, no major change but it would be nice.

Also a stat on how many times you accepted a revive is essential to stop the assault boosters.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,163 ✭✭✭✭danniemcq

mozattack wrote: »
    Also a stat on how many times you accepted a revive is essential to stop the assault boosters.

Not much point in this due to a small number of boosters, for example if you and your team is working well together and pushing towards the flag you will be shot (if you play like me) but you are PTFOing. and adding another "bad" stat to my already poor k/d is not a worthwhile addition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

Talking to a few of the lads while playing last night and one thing that came up was I'd like to see capture the flag become a full game mode like CQ and Rush on all maps from release and not just have it as DLC.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭jumbobreakfast

Add the smoker, boomer, jockey and charger from L4D....should spice things up.

It would be great to fill a transport chopper full of boomers and drop them over a capture point :)

Add the smoker, boomer, jockey and charger from L4D....should spice things up.

It would be great to fill a transport chopper full of boomers and drop them over a capture point :)

Can we throw in some of the elemental weapons from Boarderlands too?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 tysongee

The Assault class should revert back to giving ammo and give the support the health and defib.A team of 12 lvl 100's wih the best and most accurate guns in the game running and reviving is just too unbalanced

Same frustrations as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Console getting 64 man so most of these suggestions wont matter.

When you play 64 man you will see the difference.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Am i the only one that doesnt play 64 player BF ever ?
    I cant stand it, its grand for racking up points, but tactics almost goes out the window.
    Give me 32 player any day.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭rcazzy

I cant stand it, its grand for racking up points, but tactics almost goes out the window.

Metro 64 is how the game is meant to be played!

Ah, depends on which map for me. Some, like Sharqi, Wake, Gulf and some Armored Kill/Aftermath maps work grand. It's the smaller ones where the issues are.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭Wooden Jesus

rcazzy wrote: »
    Metro 64 is how the game is meant to be played!

Ah, depends on which map for me. Some, like Sharqi, Wake, Gulf and some Armored Kill/Aftermath maps work grand. It's the smaller ones where the issues are.

Metro 24 is bad enough, I cant even begin to imagine metro 64.
    I just hope Bf4 expands on the class system even going to 6 classes if consoles have 64 players. If the maps revert back to chokepoints and limited vehicles on a 64 player server ill avoid bf4 like the plague.
    I hope there's no instant lock on weapons like the javelin or stinger or there's at least a cap on javelin/stinger ammo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,401 ✭✭✭Royal Irish

The stingers are annoying but having them in the game kind of forces team work which I like. You'll only get a couple of kills in a little bird on your todd before they break out the stingers and with no one to repair your going to get shot down.

I think a good balance would be just having the javelin and air vehicles need to be locked up by a soflam. That would force abit of team work and actually make the recon class alot less useless.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,933 ✭✭✭Logical Fallacy

What exactly is wrong with reviving at the moment?

Have you ever heard of the Pacifist Challenge? All you can do for a round is heal and revive....you will place first.

Nerf the assault and I'll be happy. Revive and meds and the best weapons in the game for nearly all ranges is too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

rcazzy wrote: »
    Nerf the assault and I'll be happy. Revive and meds and the best weapons in the game for nearly all ranges is too much.
    I agree, BF2 had it right with the medic as a seperate class.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭lahcen86

Theres talk abounding about interactive environments that can change the course of gameplay. Think of caspian boarder and the antennae falling down. i've heard of maps with a damned up river. You blow that with c4 and then flood the low lying terrain. I think things like that would spice up game play and make it more fun.

Also, what about being able to cut power to buildings ? Cut the electric supply at the back, storm the rooms with nv scopes like splinter cell :)

Flash bangs would be sweet... going back to my cs days here. Oh and give me an ak47 pweeease !!

• Registered Users Posts: 995 ✭✭✭iColdFusion

Not many details but get China Rising DLC for free if you pre-order BF4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 280 ✭✭Yousef

Xbox One will be out in October.

Battlefield 4 have Xbox One version plastered on the website saying "The Battle Begins October 29th". GTA5 was pushed back for this too I assume.

Bit hesitant about preordering and all that if theres gonna be another €60 premium edition for 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Yousef wrote: »
    Xbox One will be out in October.

Battlefield 4 have Xbox One version plastered on the website saying "The Battle Begins October 29th". GTA5 was pushed back for this too I assume.

Wrong, Its released for Xbox 360, PS3 and PC on October 29th and its goin to be released again on the xbox one in around Christmas.

Gta 5 is coming september 17, long before X1 comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭mozattack

No way am I pre-ordering (whereas I did for BF3).

Few reasons:

- whats the point? Get some stupid artwork again, the DLC re Chinese will be available anyway!

- too much uncertainity on the game; will they fix the assault class

- what version (PS3 or PS4)

Doubt I am alone here, say their pre-orders won't be great

• Advertisement

Battlefield is a game made for 64 players.

Its sort of the point of it all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭MajesticDonkey

dreamers75 wrote: »
    Battlefield is a game made for 64 players.

Its sort of the point of it all.

Meh, 64 players is too many IMO. Even on the likes of Caspian and Firestorm, I think 48 players is enough. 64 players is probably suited to Armored Kill, but I never really played that so can't comment!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,133 ✭✭✭GottaGetGatt

Out of most of the PC gameplay videos i see, 64 players is hardly ever played.Its usually 32 max.I'd reckon it'd be like a 500% ticket metro,its great for the first week then the novelty wears off quick.2 or 3 guys with stinger is painful enough when in a chopper or jet, i could imagine the horror of 10 or more players doing it.Back to metro the amount of people just sitting on ammo boxes spamming grenades at the stairs would make it unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

Don't let the videos fool you , there are plenty of 64 player servers playing all kinds of maps and modes . That is one of the main attractions with playing it on the PC . I always look for good 64 player servers first , rarely play armored kill though or metro .

I only play on 64 man servers with 60 plus players, no point playing the game on anything less. Choppers/tanks and planes its what the game is designed for.

Theres 100+ BF2 server (cant recall name of it) and its brilliant. I hope Bf4 increases the player count, doubt it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭KillerShamrock

I dunno if this has been said but I would like new stuff that gets released in DLC and what not to be used in all previous maps like gunmaster should be playable on all maps and change the guns that can be used, give admins the power to choose which if any (I know infantry mode) vehicles can be used on a map i.e. imagine dirt bikes on bazaar, seine or the B2K maps.

Also for TDM spice it up a bit by having different sections of each map for it instead of just the one section maybe it would have 3 or 4 sections on any map and would rotate between them.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Is there any news on it being Browser launcher again? (please god no)

Headshot wrote: »
    Is there any news on it being Browser launcher again? (please god no)

Confirmed it will be, i like it once i got used to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 54,197 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

BangingHeadAgainstKeyboardStreetSig.gif

• Advertisement

it never worked properly for me, my firewall or antivirus would mess with it constantly i couldn't join a game if the tab was open for a while, i'd have to force close origin and then start it up again.

There was always niggles with it

Advertisement