Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

tp25 wrote: »
    Suggest to board of directors, disclose to residents the full T&C's of the agreement with clampers and all attached letters and NDA's for the full transparency of the terms and what way monies are changing hands (sorry bank accounts).

Above poster seems to be very engaged in publicizing these events, sadly he stated he does so voluntarily (or I'm wrong), I wonder if all

residents will benefit from the clampers and get our gutters cleaned.

of course, why should one do something, it takes an effort to do something.

... which isn't very popular for many.

Unfortunately not too many will benefit from clampers, but what's more sad that not too many will do anything about it either.

Please do not make any more cryptic suggestions that insinuate fraud in this thread. If you feel that there is a lack of transparency it would be best if you sought other ways to address this elsewhere. AS PER THE CHARTER AND THE REQUEST FROM DAMO DO NOT RESPOND TO MODERATION ON THREAD

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

You would need to become a member if the board of directors for that.

There's issues with data protection I think so we can't tell anyone the stats, especially in the crescent where there's only 48 units it would be quite easy to guess who hasn't paid

Speaking of DATA protection ..i got a sheet of ANONAMOUS paper stating clearly who hadnt paid ..house number etc AND how much each home owed the mattesgment company in my letter box

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Maudi wrote: »
    Speaking of DATA protection ..i got a sheet of ANONAMOUS paper stating clearly who hadnt paid ..house number etc AND how much each home owed the mattesgment company in my letter box

You should report it to your agents, it will be one of the owners who has done this and likely a committee member.

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

.. I wish someone would clamp the huge derelict caravan that is currently residing outside various houses in the Grove! Its the most awful dirty looking graffiti'd heap of junk, and the owner, who lives in the Grove chooses to most of the time park it outside other peoples houses instead of his own!

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Just spotted that caravan over the weekend, nasty looking alright. Can't the owner move it to one of the communal parking areas where it's not taking up space?

• Advertisement

Tomato wrote: »
    .. I wish someone would clamp the huge derelict caravan that is currently residing outside various houses in the Grove! Its the most awful dirty looking graffiti'd heap of junk, and the owner, who lives in the Grove chooses to most of the time park it outside other peoples houses instead of his own!
    Just spotted that caravan over the weekend, nasty looking alright. Can't the owner move it to one of the communal parking areas where it's not taking up space?

Hi guys - please remind yourself about the charter. The continuing discussion about the caravan isn't appropriate.

Please keep in mind also that neighbourly disputes shouldn't be dragged onto the forum. For example, posting about dogs in general using common areas as their toilets or bad parking is okay. Identifying a specific dog or vehicle is not okay. If it's possible to recognise an individual as a result of something like this, we will deal with it.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Tomato

Ok sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

Have you not read most of the posts on this thread?

There is some who can not pay but there's a lot more who WILL
    NOT pay.

People who can't pay make an effort to deal with their debt.

People who will not pay ignore and do not engage the management companies, these people will be targeted not the people who cannot pay and keep in touch with the agents.

"these people will be targeted"

Really I find that comment quite vulgar given that there are people reading this who are probably lying awake at night worrying about the debt that they are in. Who are you speaking for here ? are you personally going to target them or are you speaking on behalf of the Management Company.

Unfortunately Matt Dublin people that are in debt tend to have higher rates of depression and other mental health issues so the reality is they struggle to acknowledge and deal with their debt, I am no expert but I would imagine that is why we have courts in this country that take these kinds of things into account when dealing with cases of debt being owed to creditors.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Maudi wrote: »

Instead/as well as reporting to your agents my recommendation is for you to get in touch with the Data Protection office - http://www.dataprotection.ie/viewdoc.asp?DocID=4

Their site has a lot of useful information to help you determine if your rights were breached, but you can always contact them directly if you are unsure.

Just make sure you keep a copy of that sheet of paper... Wonder if the other names got similar lists...

"these people will be targeted"

Really I find that comment quite vulgar given that there are people reading this who are probably lying awake at night worrying about the debt that they are in. Who are you speaking for here ? are you personally going to target them or are you speaking on behalf of the Management Company.

Unfortunately Matt Dublin people that are in debt tend to have higher rates of depression and other mental health issues so the reality is they struggle to acknowledge and deal with their debt, I am no expert but I would imagine that is why we have courts in this country that take these kinds of things into account when dealing with cases of debt being owed to creditors.
    If these people make contact with the management agents at least then there will be no issues.

I'm talking about people who refuse to pay or make contact. People who we know don't have financial difficulties and choose to ignore correspondence.

People who are in financial who make contact and make an effort are being catered for.

• Advertisement

If these people make contact with the management agents at least then there will be no issues.

I'm talking about people who refuse to pay or make contact. People who we know don't have financial difficulties and choose to ignore correspondence.

People who are in financial who make contact and make an effort are being catered for.

With all due respect the correspondence that you talk about comes in through the door without a stamp no markings and looks very much like junk mail.

I think it has been proved on these threads here that many people were unaware of the disc parking until the signs were erected. Which I think says a lot about the communication between the Board and the residents.

I too was in arrears but to my knowledge have received very little correspondence in relation to my debt from the agent. And honestly had not realised Id had slid back a couple of payments.

Looking at the annual cost to the residents of charlesland to employ an agent it appears to me that very little has been done in relation to the collection of arrears. I appreciate committees are voluntary and hats off to people who give up their time. However the agent is paid good money.

Its been let roll and roll and now the lazy option is to introduce disc parking so now everyone has to suffer.

Am I correct in saying that this was voted in by four people ?

Roll on the next AGM thats if I manage spot the invitation coming in through the door !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starlifter74

Debt collection has been ongoing for over 5 years with previous and current Management Agents, the agents are employed to manage service provision and to keep records of payments, not to chase debt. The reality is that people need to start taking responsibility moaning about things that look like junk mail is kind of childish, everyone who brought property in Charlesland knew that it was a managed estate and management fees would be levied for services, if this was not made clear then you need to contact the solicitor you used. The committees have put a lot of effort into holding or reducing managment fees to make them more affordable for those benifiting from the service provided.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

This doesn't really effect me anymore since I'm not in Charlesland but I have to say, I thought this was a terrible idea that was badly planned out at first. Reading through a lot of these posts though, I am starting to come around to the idea.

At the end of the day, it's up to each resident to ensure they are kept aware of ongoings in their area. If you are getting so much junk mail that you throw it out without even a cursory glance, then put up a sign asking for no junk mail. You can be pretty sure that most of the mail you get won't be junk mail from now on.

Worried about missing an AGM? Contact the management company directly. I am sure they will tell you when the next one is planned. If no date is set, call back in a month.

As the saying goes, ignorance is not an excuse.

I know this isn't the best way to find something like this out, but the signs have been up for a while and (as far as I can tell) clamping has yet to be officially introduced so no one should really be caught out unaware at this stage. Even if notice was thrown out or not received at all.

Something has to be done about people not (paying the fees) trying to pay the fees. I haven't seen any better options posted on this thread yet. People who do not pay their fees have a direct effect on people who do pay. I mean, if people kept their fees up to date, this thread and the clamping that goes along with it wouldn't exist.

Adults need to be treated like adults. You can't rely on others to hold your hand forever.

Having said that, I am still dubious of the legal ramifications. Especially if it was the cause of a serious accident or had a direct correlation to someone not getting immediate treatment etc. I wouldn't like to be on either side (or the judge for that matter) of that court hearing.

Debt collection has been ongoing for over 5 years with previous and current Management Agents, the agents are employed to manage service provision and to keep records of payments, not to chase debt. The reality is that people need to start taking responsibility moaning about things that look like junk mail is kind of childish, everyone who brought property in Charlesland knew that it was a managed estate and management fees would be levied for services, if this was not made clear then you need to contact the solicitor you used. The committees have put a lot of effort into holding or reducing managment fees to make them more affordable for those benifiting from the service provided.

My opinions are as valid as anyone else's on this site. It is the second time I have seen that someone expressing their views has been called childish on this tread. For the record I am not a child I am a resident from Charlesland who has lived here from the start. I am currently paid up and have just received my nice new parking discs.

This does not affect me.

However I am just highlighting some people may be struggling and may have not realised the extent of their arrears.

So come on less of the name calling please

Folks keep it civil and stop calling other posters childish

Terry Pratchet

d31b0y wrote: »
    This doesn't really effect me anymore since I'm not in Charlesland but I have to say, I thought this was a terrible idea that was badly planned out at first. Reading through a lot of these posts though, I am starting to come around to the idea.

At the end of the day, it's up to each resident to ensure they are kept aware of ongoings in their area. If you are getting so much junk mail that you throw it out without even a cursory glance, then put up a sign asking for no junk mail. You can be pretty sure that most of the mail you get won't be junk mail from now on.

Worried about missing an AGM? Contact the management company directly. I am sure they will tell you when the next one is planned. If no date is set, call back in a month.

I know this isn't the best way to find something like this out, but the signs have been up for a while and (as far as I can tell) clamping has yet to be officially introduced so no one should really be caught out unaware at this stage. Even if notice was thrown out or not received at all.

Something has to be done about people not (paying the fees) trying to pay the fees. I haven't seen any better options posted on this thread yet. People who do not pay their fees have a direct effect on people who do pay. I mean, if people kept their fees up to date, this thread and the clamping that goes along with it wouldn't exist.

Adults need to be treated like adults. You can't rely on others to hold your hand forever.

Having said that, I am still dubious of the legal ramifications. Especially if it was the cause of a serious accident or had a direct correlation to someone not getting immediate treatment etc. I wouldn't like to be on either side (or the
    judge for that matter) of that court hearing.

Having young kids I have been very vocal in relation to the placement of signs and road safety but it appears a lot of people disagree with me. So fingers crossed there is no serious accidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

d31b0y wrote: »

Having said that, I am still dubious of the legal ramifications. Especially if it was the cause of a serious accident or had a direct correlation to someone not getting immediate treatment etc. I wouldn't like to be on either side (or the judge for that matter) of that court hearing.

Legalised protection rackets...i.m.o

Having young kids I have been very vocal in relation to the placement of signs and road safety but it appears a lot of people disagree with me. So fingers crossed there is no serious accidents.

No more dangerous that a playground at a roundabout. There's been none there yet either (thank god)

The sign positioning is a similar argument as a woman wearing revealing clothing walking down the road. Might not affect denial drivers but a few men might notice it and cause an accident. Are you going to protest women who wear short shorts too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancerfidget

While I disagree with the disc parking I do understand the need to collect management fee arrears. However, I am a bit put out to have to pay for a disc to park outside my own property. Having paid my fees this seems to be another way to squeeze money out if the residents. Whatever about paying for visitor discs I don't agree with paying for a disc to put on residents cars.

While I disagree with the disc parking I do understand the need to collect management fee arrears. However, I am a bit put out to have to pay for a disc to park outside my own property. Having paid my fees this seems to be another way to squeeze money out if the residents. Whatever about paying for visitor discs I don't agree with paying for a disc to put on residents cars.

Either which way it would come out of your pocket via fees or directly paid.

• Advertisement

No more dangerous that a playground at a roundabout. There's been none there yet either (thank god)

The sign positioning is a similar argument as a woman wearing revealing clothing walking down the road. Might not affect denial drivers but a few men might notice it and cause an accident. Are you going to protest women who wear short shorts too?

Are you for real ???

Are you for real ???

Completely, most men I know will stare for longer at a pretty girl than a clamping signpost

Completely, most men I know will stare for longer at a pretty girl than a clamping signpost

I wonder could the management company write that into their risk assessment

Thanks for such wonderful and insightful comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Oldlegs

Great thread. Almost 15k views .....

What keeps me coming back is the suspense (and the occasional Referee/Mod intervention to keep things in check)
    Who is going to respond next ? Matt-Dublin, Maudi, Stall-the-Ball, TP25 coming back in the frame .... :)

What happens if 2 or 3 of these posters every get to meet for coffee and hash out their ideas in real-time? End of an Epic saga :(

Looking forward to today's espisode(s) ...

Better than the Lions tour.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Oldlegs wrote: »

What keeps me coming back is the suspense (and the occasional Referee/Mod intervention to keep things in check)
    Who is going to respond next ? Matt-Dublin, Maudi, Stall-the-Ball, TP25 coming back in the frame .... :)

What happens if 2 or 3 of these posters every get to meet for coffee and hash out their ideas in real-time? End of an Epic saga :(

Better still, wait till someone actually gets clamped.

Oldlegs wrote: »

Or better still - meet at the AGM! - It's really quite simple in my view - If you want to change this policy then draw up an alternative and get your neighbours to support it at the AGM

Terry Pratchet

FirstIn wrote: »

Well I bet they be going round at night so if you,ve work at 7.00am and have been a naughty boy/girl you will be dropping 160 euro

Funny saw a appoca sign in Donnybrook its was only 85 euro release fee

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

FirstIn wrote: »

I'm tempted to cry wolf and watch the stampedes out the front door..........! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

I wonder could the management company write that into their risk assessment

Thanks for such wonderful and insightful comments

Don't think so. It would fall foul of the equality legislation. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

So I gave I was asked for my reg for car sticker which I gave.
    Does this mean the sticker only applies to my car or can it be given to other people such as regular visitors which would in essence be a second car.
    or would I need to change the reg on the disc to that of the visiting car

Quote from letter
    "All visitors to Charlesland Wood must either display a visitors disc or register their vehicle with APCOA immediately upon entering Charlesland Wood.
    Visitors can only use the text facility for a macimum of 3 periods in a 24 hours in 7 days"

So can visitors only visit 3 days a week?

PS I have a drive way so dont have use for the sticker Q relates to visitor use

Advertisement