Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Techy_1 wrote: »
    So I gave I was asked for my reg for car sticker which I gave.
    Does this mean the sticker only applies to my car or can it be given to other people such as regular visitors which would in essence be a second car.
    or would I need to change the reg on the disc to that of the visiting car

Quote from letter
    "All visitors to Charlesland Wood must either display a visitors disc or register their vehicle with APCOA immediately upon entering Charlesland Wood.
    Visitors can only use the text facility for a macimum of 3 periods in a 24 hours in 7 days"

So can visitors only visit 3 days a week?

PS I have a drive way so dont have use for the sticker Q relates to visitor use
    The disc is specific to your reg plate and car make.

Visitor discs are at an additional cost

From what I gather it all begins up in crescent tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

I was in the Wood today and used the text service. Very efficient and quick with 24 hours of parking confirmed. YES SIR. Good thing I remembered as Camp Charlesland started only yesterday.

As for the military zone signs in a residential area that make you feel like the marines will be short roping from the Black Hawks if you dare to park outside a mate's home, I will restrain from commenting.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

I was in the Wood today and used the text service. Very efficient and quick with 24 hours of parking confirmed. YES SIR. Good thing I remembered as Camp Charlesland started only yesterday.

As for the military zone signs in a residential area that make you feel like the marines will be short roping from the Black Hawks if you dare to park outside a mate's home, I will restrain from commenting.

Dont mention the signs :mad::D

Dont mention the signs :mad::D

I was too busy looking for snipers.

I was too busy looking for snipers.

Snipers wearing revealing clothing :D

• Advertisement

Oldlegs wrote: »
    Great thread. Almost 15k views .....

What keeps me coming back is the suspense (and the occasional Referee/Mod intervention to keep things in check)
    Who is going to respond next ? Matt-Dublin, Maudi, Stall-the-Ball, TP25 coming back in the frame .... :)

What happens if 2 or 3 of these posters every get to meet for coffee and hash out their ideas in real-time? End of an Epic saga :(

Looking forward to today's espisode(s) ...

Better than the Lions tour.

*waves* I'm here now as a visitor with nearly 12 hours official parking left. Woo hoo! Then I will be waiting for my male topless marines to drop in, run in formation, adopting a cadence, then arrest me. *swoon*

*nb. this was said in humour. The comment made seriously about how women dressing affects driving is really quite offensive to everyone and more belonging to a college forum.*

Mods I am making an observation not a complaint. I know the rules.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

What type of services are provided for residents of Charlesland ? ,What do they get for the money that they are expected to pay to management companies ? What is the annual charge ?.
    It looks like a very profitable business, just looking around at the roundabouts etc. there are more weeds than shrubs also the estate is not kept in the excellent condition it was a few years ago.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

bido wrote: »
    the estate is not kept in the excellent condition it was a few years ago.;)

Probably because of cost cutting because of non fee payment

I would have thought that was obvious!!!!!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Surely it doesn't cost over a €1.000,000 to cut the grass and spray weed killer.:D

What type of services are provided for residents of Charlesland ? ,What do they get for the money that they are expected to pay to management companies ? What is the annual charge ?.
    It looks like a very profitable business, just looking around at the roundabouts etc. there are more weeds than shrubs also the estate is not kept in the excellent condition it was a few years ago.;)
    Maintenance and insurance of common areas, common area electricity (more so in apartments) bins (apartments) internal cleaning, window cleaning, gutter cleaning, again all apartments.

All the fees vary by unit but apartments and duplexes pay significantly more than houses

• Advertisement

Probably because of cost cutting because of non fee payment

I would have thought that was obvious!!!!!

But most of the arrears were in the last 3 years and I would say most of them will be paid now that disc parking is being introduced.

However Bido has a point and it does open up the whole issue of what are we spending so much money for and what are we getting for it.

But most of the arrears were in the last 3 years and I would say most of them will be paid now that disc parking is being introduced.

However Bido has a point and it does open up the whole issue of what are we spending so much money for and what are we getting for it.

You should attend your AGMs and read the letters sent out to each owner which contains a full statement of accounts a me budgets

Maintenance and insurance of common areas, common area electricity (more so in apartments) bins (apartments) internal cleaning, window cleaning, gutter cleaning, again all apartments.

All the fees vary by unit but apartments and duplexes pay significantly more than houses

But for the houses according to the financial statement there were two main very large costs

And following your argument the houses share the same service costs but the apartment seems to take up more of the agents time

But for the houses according to the financial statement there were two main very large costs

Which were?

Terraces likely need block insurance?
    Then gardens/common area leccy?

Can't think of much more for houses?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancerfidget

I have to say as a fee paying resident that I dislike the way this issue has become an us and them issue. Yes some people have not paid the fees however, whenever I have approached the management company I have not found them helpful.

I have to say as a fee paying resident that I dislike the way this issue has become an us and them issue. Yes some people have not paid the fees however, whenever I have approached the management company I have not found them helpful.

Have you an example? Who's your agent?

Which were?

Terraces likely need block insurance?
    Then gardens/common area leccy?

Can't think of much more for houses?

I think you are missing my point, in the financial statement a large portion of the total goes on two items

I think you are missing my point, in the financial statement a large portion of the total goes on two items

What are the two items?

Items aren't priced to be profitable etc, they are budgeted for based on the amount they cost in the previous year.

Also in the crescent we put each contract out to tender near the end of the year to try get the best price for our residents

What are the two items?

Items aren't priced to be profitable etc, they are budgeted for based on the amount they cost in the previous year.

Also in the crescent we put each contract out to tender near the end of the year to try get the best price for our residents

I would rather not discuss the details of the financial statement online, I am only raising the point to discuss generally

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancerfidget

Have you an example? Who's your agent?

I'm sorry this is just my experience I don't feel I have to explain personal situations. My main point was that this is a community and in my opinion blaming neighbours who can't pay the fees is dividing that community.

• Advertisement

I would rather not discuss the details of the financial statement online, I am only raising the point to discuss generally

Then what's the point in raising it?

Surely it doesn't cost over a €1.000,000 to cut the grass and spray weed killer.:D

Who said that?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Then what's the point in raising it?

I have made a general point for discussion, I am only raising it generally so people can go and have a look at the financial statement themselves and form their own opinion

The houses share the same cost for the service provider i.e agent, however most of the services as you say are taken up by the apartments and the service provider is a large cost

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Who said that?

What do you mean by property management??(please dont say "the common areas) i clean my own windows paint my door and windows.clean my drive of weeds and the weed the foothpath and cut my own hedges..what are you manageing?now to me the clamping issue is a protection racket..ie pay uz muny r our thugs il disable ur car in the middle of the night...

Interesting

Written Answers - Multi-unit Management Companies
    Tuesday, 6 March 2012
    Dáil Éireann Debate
    Vol. 758 No. 1

Page of 413
    405. Deputy Pearse Doherty asked the Minister for Justice and Equality if it is legally permissible for management companies to clamp residents’ cars for non-payment of management fees; if so, the detail of the legal framework within which such action can take place; the safeguards in place to ensure management companies and/or residents committees are not abusing powers granted to them under law; and if he will make a statement on the matter. [12703/12]

Minister for Justice and Equality (Deputy Alan Shatter): The Multi-Unit Developments Act 2011 contains provisions which are intended to facilitate the fair, efficient and effective management of owners’ management companies. Section 18 requires such companies to establish and maintain a scheme of annual service charges from which they may discharge expenditure incurred on the provision of common or shared services to the owners and occupiers of residential units, including insurance, waste management and security services. In order to ensure transparency and accountability, the annual service charge, and the services to be provided, must be approved by a general meeting of the members.

Section 18 also provides that the owner of each residential unit is under an obligation to pay service charges levied under the Act. As regards the recovery of unpaid service charges, section 22 provides that unpaid service charges may be recovered by the owners’ management company concerned as a simple contract debt in a court of competent jurisdiction, i.e normally the District Court.

Maudi wrote: »
    What do you mean by property management??(please dont say "the common areas) i clean my own windows paint my door and windows.clean my drive of weeds and the weed the foothpath and cut my own hedges..what are you manageing?now to me the clamping issue is a protection racket..ie pay uz muny r our thugs il disable ur car in the middle of the night...
    If you live in a house they're not common areas, if you live in an apartment and not on the bottom floor they would be covered by common areas

For you common areas would be the parks, roads, footpaths, street lighting etc.

I suspect your fees are around the €3-400 marker, whereas the apartments and duplexes are anywhere from 900-1800

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Is that on the list what is paid from fees? Never saw that happening.

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Is that on the list what is paid from fees? Never saw that happening.

Yes reuse a year for apartments and only if you're above the ground floor.

Folks this thread isn't about management fees, it's about clamping. If you've an issue about your management fees bring it up in the management fees thread and or bring it up with your committees and management agents.

If you had attended AGM or got involved in the committes you would have a better understanding as to where the money goes.

Yes reuse a year for apartments and only if you're above the ground floor.

Folks this thread isn't about management fees, it's about clamping. If you've an issue about your management fees bring it up in the management fees thread and or bring it up with your committees and management agents.

If you had attended AGM or got involved in the committes you would have a better understanding as to where the money goes.

I got the impression It's about using clamping as a means to recoup management fees

• Advertisement

The discussion about what your management fees are for is here http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056969964

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement