Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 banbam

The cresent parking area is not a public carpark. At the last EGM of the apartment owners they voted to commence disc parking, and assign disc's to owners in good stead re mamagement fee's. Anyone with an issue should ask their landlord for a disc. End of Story.

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rosina1969

I can see a lot of problems here - my child goes to a nursery at the top near the crescent and we were advised to park in the crescent when dropping/collecting our children as we were causing a nuisance to the neighbours of the creche by parking outside their houses. What if we get clamped while walking down to the creche? Personally I hate clamping, but that's just me. Money making racket. And intimidation now about management fees, and other neighbours knowing who has/hasn't paid. Its all very totalitarian and brutish IMO.

I feel for you. However, the creche appear to mind their own neighbours and pass the responsibility of parking to you, and then suggest you park in the "private area" for the crescent, or someone else's private parking area. A think the creche are being somewhat presumptous in telling people to park next door, without even asking "next door".

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭Rosina1969

Well the clampers will have a field day - all they need to do is come down at collection and drop off times and they will be able to clamp us all. Just hate clamping in general.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Lance Vance

Who owns the Crescent car parking spaces? Is it the Crescent management company or the developer Zapi?

In 2007 Zapi properties ltd. applied for planning permission to develop the strip of land above the Court, Crescent and Park. Zapi planned to remove a number of the Crescent car park spaces to provide space for an entrance/exit to an underground car park for the proposed apartment blocks and to provide a location for bin houses.

Wicklow County Council decided to refuse to grant permission to the development.

http://www.wicklow.ie/eplan41/FileRefDetails.aspx?file_number=07956&LASiteID=0

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055085760
    So i recieved the plans and architects drawings the other day, the crescent stands to lose 8 of their parking spaces by the looks of things,

The three apartment blocks will be placed directly behind the crescent on the r761. The underground carpark entrance will be placed where the crascent binshed is currently. The other entrance will be placed at the other end of the crescent at the top of charlesland wood.

The planned binsheds will reduce the parking at the crescent to 1.354 spaces per apartment. That is a total of 65 spaces, it is currently 74 Spaces (i will have to count to confirm.

3 further binsheds will be placed in 6 of the crescent parking spaces.

• Advertisement

Who owns the Crescent Car park spaces? I think this is now the Management company(who are in fact the owners of all 48 apartments). The management directors(apartment owners voted onto the management board at each AGM) hire an agent to manage day to day activities. If memory serves me correctly, i think there were 5 or 6 new ownners voted onto the mgt company at the AGM earlier this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

At the time Zapi hadn't handed over the land so technically they owned the spaces. They've now handed over the common areas to us as we now own it.

The road separating the parking is owned by the overall management company soon to be the Wicklow co co.

In regards to parking for the crèche, they feel it's not ok to impact their direct neighbours parking but impact another estates parking? Sorry but unprofessional and double standards.

They should have parking facilities or a drop off location. People parking in the crescent who should are a nuisance to the crescent.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

When is the clamping due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

conlof wrote: »
    When is the clamping due to start?

Afaik the crescent starts next week and I don't know when the wood is starting.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Plenty

The parking discs were sent out to houses in the Charlesland Wood last week and started on Jun 11th, as far as I know.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Why do the discs have expiry dates? Is that so they can charge us an extra 15 euro every year?

Can anyone say if the introduction of permits has worked in collecting fees? If it has then there is no need to start the clamping! If it hasnt worked then there is no need to start clamping and something else needs to be done.

My main concern about clamping is that from the mangement side of things its there to get people to pay the fees (which is fair enough) but from the clampers side of things it is for making money and i hope it runs smoothly. When i moved to greystones i was on the main street and used a private car park, the i gave the make and reg number to the appartment manager and this was passed on to the clampers. My car was clamped on a friday night. I spoke to the clamper who was still in the car park and he refused to take it off without payment. He had the make of car and the reg details but one letter was wrong. He knew i lived there but refused to budge. I could not get hold of the manager to try and sort it out until the monday so was without a car for the weekend.

it has helped get some fees in yes but some landlords still have not made contact.

also if we get rid of it because people have paid there will be no incentive for people to continue paying.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭conlof

I saw the APCOA van today. Firstly outside KW and then making its way, ominously, up towards the crescent. Dun duh duh dun dun........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Jimjay wrote: »
    Why do the discs have expiry dates? Is that so they can charge us an extra 15 euro every year?

Can anyone say if the introduction of permits has worked in collecting fees? If it has then there is no need to start the clamping! If it hasnt worked then there is no need to start clamping and something else needs to be done.

My main concern about clamping is that from the mangement side of things its there to get people to pay the fees (which is fair enough) but from the clampers side of things it is for making money and i hope it runs smoothly. When i moved to greystones i was on the main street and used a private car park, the i gave the make and reg number to the appartment manager and this was passed on to the clampers. My car was clamped on a friday night. I spoke to the clamper who was still in the car park and he refused to take it off without payment. He had the make of car and the reg details but one letter was wrong. He knew i lived there but refused to budge. I could not get hold of the manager to try and sort it out until the monday so was without a car for the weekend.

If that had been me..that young man would have been without a clamp for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

for those who wish to Legally remove the clamp from their vehicles please contact me via pm'. T&C' apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Techy_1

I have misplaced the letter with the phone number I remember the code to text but cannot remember the phone number can someone PM it to me.

for my visitors whenever they come around

thanks

Why not just contact the management company!

Techy_1 wrote: »
    I have misplaced the letter with the phone number I remember the code to text but cannot remember the phone number can someone PM it to me.

for my visitors whenever they come around

thanks
    you should contact the management company, each estate has a different code

• Registered Users Posts: 7 richd1

Any idea has this started in the wood yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

richd1 wrote: »
    Any idea has this started in the wood yet??

As its very quite I can only assume not. Wait for the deluge when someone does get clamped.

• Advertisement

I just collected my parking disk from the Kennedy Wright office and they said it started Monday gone.

All 9 off topic posts removed. This is a clamping related thread only.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Its like an old hammer b movie in here with all the slashing..if we are to discuss clamping in a grown up way surely its not unreasonable to assume the conversation is going to encompass at least some mention of mng companys and their policys. No?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Maudi wrote: »
    Its like an old hammer b movie in here with all the slashing..if we are to discuss clamping in a grown up way surely its not unreasonable to assume the conversation is going to encompass at least some mention of mng companys and their policys. No?

Feedback is only allowed by pm as per the forum charter

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

Still no sign of the clampers but hey when you look at it.......

Approx 220 houses in charlesland wood and each of them say on average get 2 discs at 5 euro each

Thats 2200 euro every year

So for an hours work putting up a few signs someone somewhere is going to make 2200 euro a year from it...

Im in the wrong business :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

The cost of the signs won't re-occur each year. But you can be sure there won't be a reduction in the cost of the disc. Definitely in the wrong business!

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    The cost of the signs won't re-occur each year. But you can be sure there won't be a reduction in the cost of the disc. Definitely in the wrong business!

And thats not including the crescent

Rip off republic right on your door step

A fool and their money are soon parted they do say :)

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Still no sign of the clampers but hey when you look at it.......

Approx 220 houses in charlesland wood and each of them say on average get 2 discs at 5 euro each

Thats 2200 euro every year

So for an hours work putting up a few signs someone somewhere is going to make 2200 euro a year from it...

Im in the wrong business :)

I would bet most buy at least 3 discs. We got one resident and two guests, this is what the management company actually recommended and said is what most people were doing

Jimjay wrote: »
    I would bet most buy at least 3 discs. We got one resident and two guests, this is what the management company actually recommended and said is what most people were doing

Course they did ching ching

• Advertisement

I hear clamping due to start this week. Anybody who has not made arrangments about paying charges will be clamped. Maybe, we might have a little more community spirit in the future rather than some people abusing their neighbours who pay the mgt charges.

Advertisement