Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

4 cars clamped at the last count :(

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

banbam wrote: »
    I hear clamping due to start this week. Anybody who has not made arrangments about paying charges will be clamped. Maybe, we might have a little more community spirit in the future rather than some people abusing their neighbours who pay the mgt charges.

Well it also annoys me that some people may not contribute their fair share of getting the old grass cut, but when you talk of community spirit, I feel very sorry for my neighbors or their friends who have lost a days pay today

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

dubsgirl wrote: »

Was this in wood? Do you know if they were residents or visitors?

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

Just as a matter of interest......
    if you live in the wood (or crescent or wherever) and have paid all of your fees for the year, but decide NOT to purchase parking discs......how can they justify clamping your car.

I'd love to hear how they can justify that....anyone, anyone? Bueller? Bueller? :):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

if you live in the crescent the resident discs were paid for out of the sinking fund.

guest discs had to be paid for.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

if you live in the crescent the resident discs were paid for out of the sinking fund.

guest discs had to be paid for.

Just in..car clamped at the cresent.

red one? was done yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 banbam

black car clamped in crescent yesterday evening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

dubsgirl wrote: »
    Maudi wrote: »
    Just in..car clamped at the cresent.
    red one? was done yesterday.
    black car clamped in crescent yesterday evening

I don't think an hour by hour report is really necessary myself (I am saying that as a poster not a mod)

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Anybody know why some cars without discs(crescent) are not being clamped and others are. Is it just a spot check once or twice per day and your unlucky if your parked when they come?

• Advertisement

Anybody know why some cars without discs(crescent) are not being clamped and others are. Is it just a spot check once or twice per day and your unlucky if your parked when they come?
    It is a spot check yes. If you feel someone is parking there without warrant then please call Apcoa

It is a spot check yes. If you feel someone is parking there without warrant then please call Apcoa

Has it come to this....not only is Apcoa going to make a significant amount of cash from the residents of charlesland with the introduction of the disc parking it is now going to be encouraged that residents do the work for them and alert them when a car is parked without a disc

Its a disgrace what is happening to Charlesland and I hope that the residents wake up to the underlying bullying that is creeping in to this community

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Y'all need a clamping fairy.

Y'all need a clamping fairy.

We all need a Management Company Regulator :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

We all need a Management Company Regulator :)

Whens the next agm?

Has it come to this....not only is Apcoa going to make a significant amount of cash from the residents of charlesland with the introduction of the disc parking it is now going to be encouraged that residents do the work for them and alert them when a car is parked without a disc

Its a disgrace what is happening to Charlesland and I hope that the residents wake up to the underlying bullying that is creeping in to this community
    This wouldn't be happening if residents paid their bills and stuck to their own allocated parking.

This wouldn't be happening if residents paid their bills and stuck to their own allocated parking.

Oh please stop beating the same drum...there are many reasons why residents have not paid their fees and in the wood and there is no allocated parking

I have paid my fees but now I have not only to contend with a 20 euro hike in my fees for parking, I have to watch my back for curtain twitchers who won't be happy until they hit that day your friend drops up and you forget to put up the disc and boom 120 euro please...

This was a bad plan which is only going to have a negative impact on the day to day lives of everyone in charlesland..

In my view, the charges for a house owner are far too expensive for the services provided and until this is addressed there will be more people slipping behind in their payments

And with policy being implemented like this God Help Them

In my view, the charges for a house owner are far too expensive for the services provided and until this is addressed there will be more people slipping behind in their payments

The way of addressing that is your AGM

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Oh please stop beating the same drum...there are many reasons why residents have not paid their fees and in the wood and there is no allocated parking

I have paid my fees but now I have not only to contend with a 20 euro hike in my fees for parking, I have to watch my back for curtain twitchers who won't be happy until they hit that day your friend drops up and you forget to put up the disc and boom 120 euro please...

This was a bad plan which is only going to have a negative impact on the day to day lives of everyone in charlesland..

I'm sorry stb but you can't tell me to stop beating the same drum when you are at it too.

Clamping is here, the wood, crescent and court now all have some form of clamping and it's likely the park and grove will follow suite too.

And as predicted it wasn't the end of the world. Up here it came in successfully, fees have begun coming back in again and there was no burst of flames from the skies.

We actually only have two residents come and thank us the other day because now our company is moving towards a situation where we can potentially begin doing some proactive maintenance and cosmetic work which people have been requesting for years.

Your charges in the houses are pittens in comparison the the apartments and duplexes so really I don't think you have the right to complain about anything.

If you went to your AGM you might actually understand what you're paying for rather than taking an uneducated and negative approach to the debate.

Woe is you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭d31b0y

I agree with the clamping, but Matt, you come across as unbelievably condescending sometimes...

• Advertisement

Your charges in the houses are pittens in comparison the the apartments and duplexes so really I don't think you have the right to complain about anything.

I think I'm been had by of a bit of a wind up merchant

I think I'm been had by of a bit of a wind up merchant

How so,
    houses €350-450
    Duplexes €750+
    Apartments €900-€1800

@delboy, I may be condescending but its because I'm frustrated at the complaints from people who seeming don't understand how management companies, committees and agents work.

If people have complaints they need to attend their AGMs and voice up, not come up with overly simplistic ideas that don't make sense and falsely adivse other members of rights that simply don't exist

If you went to your AGM you might actually understand what you're paying for rather than taking an uneducated and negative approach to the debate.

Matt - a comment like that is unnecessary. You do not know whether the poster attended or not. Please tone down your posts in this thread.

Terry Pratchet

AGM dates are normally notified to house/apartment owners, not to tenants. It is the owners legal responsibility to pay management charges or they become a charge on the property. If a landlord fails to pay the charges why should the compliant owners cover the cost for their tenants? They have a responsibility to their tennants. Such as common area lighting and cleaning of hallways, manage the grass cutting and gardens. Building insurance, in the event of a fire. If an owner has an issue then attend the AGM or any of the notified meetings for owners. While there are some excellent landlords we have owners who for one reason or another neglect their responsibilities to the detriment of all that are living in the area.

If people have complaints they need to attend their AGMs and voice up, not come up with overly simplistic ideas that don't make sense and falsely adivse other members of rights that simply don't exist

Maybe on a national level if we had a regulator we could have complaints dealt with there. AGM are arranged between 12 to 18 months, most companies leaving it for 18 months which is too long a gap to be effective in dealing with issues like this in my opinion

An AGM by law has to happen every 12 months for accounts filing with the CRO? If they're doing every 18 months they're breaking the law. At a minimum they have to file their b21 once a year and that requires an AGM. If they don't there's fines etc.

We also meet as directors monthly/quarterly and the agents who look after our estate bring us into the loop in any new or on-going issues.

I know in the areas that I've dealt with recently in Charlesland there are some very active members who ensure that all of the legal obligations are met and exceeded. But to me this feels like these last few posts belong in the management fees thread Here.

I think the MUD Act covers a lot there too in terms of regulation (a starting point anyway)

An AGM by law has to happen every 12 months for accounts filing with the CRO? If they're doing every 18 months they're breaking the law. At a minimum they have to file their b21 once a year and that requires an AGM. If they don't there's fines etc.

We also meet as directors monthly/quarterly and the agents who look after our estate bring us into the loop in any new or on-going issues.

I know in the areas that I've dealt with recently in Charlesland there are some very active members who ensure that all of the legal obligations are met and exceeded. But to me this feels like these last few posts belong in the management fees thread Here.

I think the MUD Act covers a lot there too in terms of regulation (a starting point anyway)

Does the mud act provide disc parking as a mechanism for the collection of arrears ?

nothing provides for the collection of arrears. Legal/Judgement/Sherriff/Debt Collection Agencies just don't work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 297 ✭✭W0LFMAN

Went for a walk Last night,

Passed around the top of Charlesland Park, I walked right into a Clamping dispute at 9:45pm

Clamping guy Vs A Charlesland resident + Family all out in the street.

Couldn't help but overhear from the shouting that the "car which was clamped", was a resident friend who had just visited.

Returning back from walk an hour later...

Everyone gone, Except Friend who was still stood beside his clamped Car.

this was at 10:45 ish.

• Advertisement

nothing provides for the collection of arrears. Legal/Judgement/Sherriff/Debt Collection Agencies just don't work.

Ah now I see so when the rules don't suit the only option is to make up your own

Advertisement