Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

I saw the same incident last night........was tempted to ask the irate owner/tenant if he forgot to pay his fees or just his parking discs!

Pity it took so long for the visitor to get sorted though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

I think the one causing the trouble related to a tenant who's landlord who hasn't paid.

Ah now I see so when the rules don't suit the only option is to make up your own
    its not that the rules don't suit, they're not fit for purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

Can't help feel sorry for any tenant in that situation.
    I hope he goes hard on his landlord as there are plenty of other rental properties in the area.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Ah now I see so when the rules don't suit the only option is to make up your own

When all other avenues are exhausted the choice is simple, change tactics or fail.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

2011 wrote: »
    When all other avenues are exhausted the choice is simple, change tactics or fail.

So when the law and regulations don't suit ya ignore them and plough on regardless and sure what about the consequences... Welcome to Ireland :)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So when the law and regulations don't suit ya ignore them and plough on regardless and sure what about the consequences... Welcome to Ireland :)

My understanding is that legal avenues have been exhausted to no avail not ignored - there is a significant difference there which you seem to be misunderstanding or misinterpreting

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

My understanding is that legal avenues have been exhausted to no avail not ignored - there is a significant difference there which you seem to be misunderstanding or misinterpreting

Was anyone taken to court for non payment of arrears ?

It just doesn't make sense the courts are the place to go to recover debt if all else fails so I can't see how this would be to no avail

yes they were. and the sheriff appointed, no joy. And by the time that happened there was a couple more years of debt thrown on top plus legal fees and collection fees

It just doesn't make sense the courts are the place to go to recover debt if all else fails so I can't see how this would be to no avail

but this is what people have been saying all along the courts system does not work

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

As I said all other avenues have been exhausted.
    Perhaps you now understand why they they have been forced down this route.

I am in Charlesland most days and hate the whole idea of clamping.
    But I can see that there is no option left.

Welcome to post Celtic Tiger Ireland :)

2011 wrote: »
    As I said all other avenues have been exhausted.
    Perhaps you now understand why they they have been forced down this route.

I am in Charlesland most days and hate the whole idea of clamping.
    But I can see that there is no option left.

Welcome to post Celtic Tiger Ireland :)

Look the idea of clamping as a last resort might look good on paper but Apoca don't get paid to patrol the estate so they make their money by clamping.

I would imagine it would not be cost efficient for Apoca to patrol this estate on a regular basis as most people have paid and have disks. Those who have not paid are not stupid enough to leave their cars out on a regular basis. So this just leaves visitors.

Now, because it is human nature, paid up residents will start to become complacent about putting up the disc when a friend pops by to drop something off or pay you a visit. Now parking companies know this and will strike on bank holidays, Sunday afternoons and the like.

So in six months time the only people who will really be clamped are visitors of paid residents and this is going to cost you 120 euro each time.

My big fear is, if this fails I dread to think what idea the Management Company will come up with next in order to collect fees. Lets not forget this is our home we are talking about here not some business venture. We are residents of Charlesland not consumers. This idea is already costing me extra money each year, how much will the next idea be costing me in the future when this one doesn't draw in enough revenue.

Thats why I think it is important to stick within the framework of the law

And Im talking from the point of view of someone who lives in a house in the woods before I hear about the services that are provided to apartments and all the wonderful improvements that will be achieved in the apartment areas with the introduction of this policy ;)

Look the idea of clamping as a last resort might look good on paper but Apoca don't get paid to patrol the estate so they make their money by clamping.

I would imagine it would not be cost efficient for Apoca to patrol this estate on a regular basis as most people have paid and have disks. Those who have not paid are not stupid enough to leave their cars out on a regular basis. So this just leaves visitors.

Now, because it is human nature, paid up residents will start to become complacent about putting up the disc when a friend pops by to drop something off or pay you a visit. Now parking companies know this and will strike on bank holidays, Sunday afternoons and the like.

So in six months time the only people who will really be clamped are visitors of paid residents and this is going to cost you 120 euro each time.

My big fear is, if this fails I dread to think what idea the Management Company will come up with next in order to collect fees. Lets not forget this is our home we are talking about here not some business venture. We are residents of Charlesland not consumers. This idea is already costing me extra money each year, how much will the next idea be costing me in the future when this one doesn't draw in enough revenue.

Thats why I think it is important to stick within the framework of the law

I don't think you are listening.

The legal solution doesn't work and it makes the problem worse and it ends up costing you more in management fees because you have to pay for all the extra added legal costs.

From what I can see one of the main alternatives would be to hike up everyones management fee.

Terry Pratchet

The legal solution doesn't work and it makes the problem worse and it ends up costing you more in management fees because you have to pay for all the extra added legal costs.

From what I can see one of the main alternatives would be to hike up everyones management fee.

It worries me about this hike hike hike mentality. It has already hiked everyones management fees with parking disc costs. Charlesland Wood is mainly made up from houses who have driveways lets not forget. It was ten years ago when we bought into an estate with a management company. Now times have changed, it is just not working.

It seems to me that the houses are supporting a lot of the costs in agent fees etc and the apartment and duplexes use most of the services. We need to reduce reduce and use that money to go after people who are not paying this would be more equitable and in the long run a more efficent way to keep the company going in my view. Disc parking is going to fix this in the short term but will not work long term

At the start Wise charged interest and that worked well

Not only that, the residents who do pay also have to subsidise the residents who don't.

So for those of us that do pay we also have to contribute towards the non payment of others who don't.

This I think is more unfair than the clamping.

The fact I have to pay towards someone else's charges is find disgusting. The fact the people in question don't care about this is even worse.

It worries me about this hike hike hike mentality. It has already hiked everyones management fees with parking disc costs. Charlesland Wood is mainly made up from houses. It was ten years ago when we bought into an estate with a management company. Now times have changed, it is just not working.

It seems to me that the houses are supporting a lot of the costs in agent fees etc and the apartment and duplexes use most of the services. We need to reduce reduce and use that money to go after people who are not paying this would be more equitable and in the long run a more efficent way to keep the company going in my view. Disc parking is not going to fix this
    The houses aren't subsidising anything. They pay a fixed percentage of the overall charges within each individual estate.

If the overall estate is say 100k then houses are say .3% per unit, duplexes .75% and apartments say 1.6% per unit (these are just example figures, don't take them for fact!)

That's day one estate in charlesland. Seaborne and the crescent are separate so the houses done contribute to them.

Then each estate contributes to the overall estate (spine road basically) for the maintenance of that. This is also based on a percentage of the budget (ie seabourne 20%, wood 20%, crescent 10% etc)

The houses aren't subsidising anything. They pay a fixed percentage of the overall charges within each individual estate.

If the overall estate is say 100k then houses are say .3% per unit, duplexes .75% and apartments say 1.6% per unit (these are just example figures, don't take them for fact!)

That's day one estate in charlesland. Seaborne and the crescent are separate so the houses done contribute to them.

Then each estate contributes to the overall estate (spine road basically) for the maintenance of that. This is also based on a percentage of the budget (ie seabourne 20%, wood 20%, crescent 10% etc)

The agents fee who is the service provider is split evenly with everyone. But the houses do not use most of the services.

Please correct me if im wrong

But you never know the old lotto numbers might click tonight and before I leave Ill put enough in the pot to keep you all going for the next couple of years deal :)

The agents fee who is the service provider is split evenly with everyone. But the houses do not use most of the services.

Please correct me if im wrong

It's not split evenly, you pay a percentage based on your unit size

It's not split evenly, you pay a percentage based on your unit size

My last one of the night. The agent fee is included in the cost that everyone pays evenly based on your unit size same as landscaping, the extra services ie window cleaning that are then added and divided between the duplex/apartments.

So as far as I can see everyone pays an equal share of the service provider fee

But the amount of services provided are not equal among houses and duplexs and apartments

Example: Agent spends a day arranging contracts for window cleaning. My windows are not cleaned, because im a house owner and have to do that myself but I have to pay part of the cost of the agents time arranging that service

• Advertisement

My last one of the night. The agent fee is included in the cost that everyone pays evenly based on your unit size same as landscaping, the extra services ie window cleaning that are then added and divided between the duplex/apartments.

So as far as I can see everyone pays an equal share of the service provider fee

But the amount of services provided are not equal among houses and duplexs and apartments
    No not evenly. In your estate you pay €350 for a house

Duplexes pay €750 plus and apartments pay approx €1000

There's nothing wven about that, you pay significantly less for the services you don't recieve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

But you never know the old lotto numbers might click tonight and before I leave Ill put enough in the pot to keep you all going for the next couple of years deal :)

You is wasting your time mate.its all agents and units and percentages..theres no community .no neighbourhood no....soul in this latest racket..theres plenty of estates run perfectly well with residents ass..and always look neat/tidy..a management company has only ONE function to make muuuuunnny..i had to explain to visitiors (cork and england) to watch for clampers and its embarrasing..clamping where you live f.f.s....please dont bother with any of ur pro clamping rants..im taalking to stall the ball.

Maudi wrote: »
    You is wasting your time mate.its all agents and units and percentages..theres no community .no neighbourhood no....soul in this latest racket..theres plenty of estates run perfectly well with residents ass..and always look neat/tidy..a management company has only ONE function to make muuuuunnny..i had to explain to visitiors (cork and england) to watch for clampers and its embarrasing..clamping where you live f.f.s....please dont bother with any of ur pro clamping rants..im taalking to stall the ball.

Thanks cause its been getting very lonely round here

It worries me about this hike hike hike mentality. It has already hiked everyones management fees with parking disc costs. Charlesland Wood is mainly made up from houses who have driveways lets not forget. It was ten years ago when we bought into an estate with a management company. Now times have changed, it is just not working.

It seems to me that the houses are supporting a lot of the costs in agent fees etc and the apartment and duplexes use most of the services. We need to reduce reduce and use that money to go after people who are not paying this would be more equitable and in the long run a more efficent way to keep the company going in my view. Disc parking is going to fix this in the short term but will not work long term

At the start Wise charged interest and that worked well

Oh I agree that the hiking of management fees is crazy. In Seabourne we have a great residents committee that kept a razor sharp eye on the management company and reduced our fees every year for the last 3 or 4 years. In fact Seabourne residents because of the MUD act have taken over the management company and are self managing it without an agent.

I honestly do not think anyone here is pro clamping at all

The issue is that you are proposing a legal solution only and sticking rigidly to that - it doesn't work, it is not a viable or realistic solution.

Terry Pratchet

Oh I agree that the hiking of management fees is crazy. In Seabourne we have a great residents committee that kept a razor sharp eye on the management company and reduced our fees every year for the last 3 or 4 years. In fact Seabourne residents because of the MUD act have taken over the management company and are self managing it without an agent.

I honestly do not think anyone here is pro clamping at all

The issue is that you are proposing a legal solution only and sticking rigidly to that - it doesn't work, it is not a viable or realistic solution.
    Is KW not looking after u guys?

The penny drops :)

The penny drops :)

We know we could go that way, the problem is we don't have someone who has enough time to donate to it. That's why we've hired an agent

Until August then it becomes self managed.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Thanks cause its been getting very lonely round here

If you read back over the threads there has been a lot of people against clamping.but it has been jack booted down their necks again and again.so people fell away..there has been a lot of thinly veiled threats and suggestions over the last few months on how to extort ..sorry 'obtain' money from 'unit' holders by 'agents' some 'suggestions' were to be honest sick..and say a lot about who is living among us...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Maudi & Stall the Ball - what is your proposed solution to the non-payment of fees?

Advertisement