Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Because they didn't need to introduce disc parking

So your position is that people paid Wise and therefore your new proposal is to bring back Wise and scrap clamping ?

Brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

How do you know this, ie what makes you say that the level of payments fell after the departure of Wyse?
    2011 wrote: »
    So your position is that people paid Wise and therefore your new proposal is to bring back Wise and scrap clamping ?

Brilliant!

No as I've said to you before wise were a lot more proactive in relation to arrears. I'm saying lets look at value for money and the reasons why people are not paying because people did not just stop paying for no reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

No as I've said to you before wise were a lot more proactive in relation to arrears. I'm saying lets look at value for money and the reasons why people are not paying because people did not just stop paying for no reason.

Fees have been reduced year on year for the last 5??

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

No as I've said to you before wise were a lot more proactive in relation to arrears.

In this post you state that people paid Wise.

Then you went on to insist it in this post.

So perhaps you can clarify, do you think that people paid Wise or not ?

2011 wrote: »
    In this post you state that people paid Wise.

Then you went on to insist it in this post.

So perhaps you can clarify, do you think that people paid Wise or not ?

Course they did they were here until end 2010, I think the Management Company would have been on a sticky wicket if people hadn't been paying them in the 8 or so years they were agents, would you not think ?

• Advertisement

Course they did they were here until end 2010, I think the Management Company would have been on a sticky wicket if people hadn't been paying them in the 8 or so years they were agents, would you not think ?
    Why do you think they're not here. Funds mismanagement is only part if the reason.

They were agents for 5 and had severely bad practice across the board and some of the estates I believe potentially can take legal action against them

Fees have been reduced year on year for the last 5??

Most of the saving was made on the bus service

Why do you think they're not here. Funds mismanagement is only part if the reason.

They were agents for 5 and had severely bad practice across the board and some of the estates I believe potentially can take legal action against them

Wow I thought they were a reputable company have to say thats news to me

Most of the saving was made on the bus service

Not true, you really need to speak to someone on your committee before you make your statements as you very very wrong.

The bus made a difference of only €50 to me but my fees are down 700 euro since 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starlifter74

Stall the Ball, I can categorically say that management fees when Wyse were in charge were not fully paid, we tried all routes through the legal process but these do not work hence the introduction of clamping. All owners were invited to an AGM earler this year which from your earler post you did not attend, this was the opportunity to discuss the introduction of clamping, we have issued a 12 month contract with APCOA so the earliest this will be reviewed will be next year, Moaning about something on this forum on an issue you had opportunity to input and comment on at the AGM will change nothing. Its unfortunate that a few irresponsible people (not you) spoil things for the remainder of us, non payment of fees puts the company and saleability of all properties at risk.

• Advertisement

@ Stall the ball, perhaps you now understand?

Your suggestions have already been tried and have failed. Fees were not paid when you thought they were. From what I can see the discision to introduce clamping was not taken lightly.

As I said before I hate the idea of clamping, but it would seem that there is no other option.

Stall the Ball, I can categorically say that management fees when Wyse were in charge were not fully paid, we tried all routes through the legal process but these do not work hence the introduction of clamping. All owners were invited to an AGM earler this year which from your earler post you did not attend, this was the opportunity to discuss the introduction of clamping, we have issued a 12 month contract with APCOA so the earliest this will be reviewed will be next year, Moaning about something on this forum on an issue you had opportunity to input and comment on at the AGM will change nothing. Its unfortunate that a few irresponsible people (not you) spoil things for the remainder of us, non payment of fees puts the company and saleability of all properties at risk.

With respect, where and when I wish to express an opinion is of no concern to you

With respect, where and when I wish to express an opinion is of no concern to you

It is when you express it on a public forum???

If you want to be taken seriously it helps if your opinion that has something in common with reality :)

It is when you express it on a public forum???

Pot and kettle :)

Your opinion is 100% incorrect....your kind of wasting your time and everyone elses who has been actively involved in the committees and inputing into the running of the development. anyhow continue expressing your opinion, perhapse next time you will make the effort to attend the AGM/EGM and input in the right arena when your suggestions could be listened to and considered. I would welcome your input along with anyone else who feels we are not working for everones benifit.

Your opinion is 100% incorrect....your kind of wasting your time and everyone elses who has been actively involved in the committees and inputing into the running of the development. anyhow continue expressing your opinion, perhapse next time you will make the effort to attend the AGM/EGM and input in the right arena when your suggestions could be listened to and considered. I would welcome your input along with anyone else who feels we are not working for everones benifit.

Fair point, AGM's where never really my thing. But if I've learnt anything from the introduction of disc parking, it is the importance of attending them

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Surely the AGM cannot be the only place to put forward opinions or suggestions though? Are the board of directors uncontactable between AGMs?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Surely the AGM cannot be the only place to put forward opinions or suggestions though? Are the board of directors uncontactable between AGMs?

I know we are and also the agent is available and relays messages.

Also there's email addresses in the contacts thread in this forum

I know we are and also the agent is available and relays messages.

Also there's email addresses in the contacts thread in this forum

To be fair sometimes it feels like your stonewalled by the agent and they told me I could not contact the board directly myself...I guess thats whats the frustrating thing about all this

• Advertisement

To be fair sometimes it feels like your stonewalled by the agent and they told me I could not contact the board directly myself...I guess thats whats the frustrating thing about all this

Which agents told you that?? We have a general email address for the crescent and I'm sure the other estates do too

Which agents told you that?? We have a general email address for the crescent and I'm sure the other estates do too

Matt you know full well what agent we have and as you have stated you are a director and it just goes to show how disconnected you are to the members if you think that when someone approaches the agent with a problem that they give you an email address for the board, even when you request it.

Matt you know full well what agent we have and as you have stated you are a director and it just goes to show how disconnected you are to the members if you think that when someone approaches the agent with a problem that they give you an email address for the board, even when you request it.
    I'm a director of ONE estate in charlesland.

If you're in the court you're with farrels, everywhere else is KW and seabourne are going solo from August.

I'm not disconnected at all, I'm pretty sure I'm 1000% more connected and in time with what's going on than what you are.

KW relays all complaints to us and not only that the email addresses for the estates are listed in this forum in the contacts thread

Here's the link if you need them. I notice the wood, park, grove and court don't appear to be listed there but the crescent and seabourne are

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2056715494/1/#post80002794

I'm a director of ONE estate in charlesland.

KW relays all complaints to us and not only that the email addresses for the estates are listed in this forum in the contacts thread

Thats my point Matt I am a paid up member and as one I think I should be afforded the right to contact the Directors myself and not be left going through the paid middle man. If this was the case maybe you wouldn't have frustrated old fools like me venting their frustrations on a public forum

Thats my point Matt I am a paid up member and as one I think I should be afforded the right to contact the Directors myself and not be left going through the paid middle man. If this was the case maybe you wouldn't have frustrated old fools like me venting their frustrations on a public forum
    There's an email address there for you to send emails directly to us!!

You're not in the crescent so our details are no use to you

There's an email address there for you to send emails directly to us!!

You're not in the crescent so our details are no use to you

Well that is a credit it to you maybe the Directors in the wood should take note

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Well that is a credit it to you maybe the Directors in the wood should take note

Theres an email address for the wood in that link

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

The EMail address is on you newsletter assumng you opened and read that

• Advertisement

The EMail address is on you newsletter assumng you opened and read that

Hang on we get a newsletter now how often does this go around ?

You would think then if an email address is so readily available that the agent would inform you of it when requested

Advertisement