Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 banbam

there appears to be a difference between the "crescent" and "wood". The fees in the crescent have come down for the past 3 years- so hike, hike, hike, does not apply.

Also, there is regular notices with contact addresses for the the crescent- see notices pasted to inside of main apartment doors for each block.

Most crescent residents(d'ont know what happens in the wood) can make it their business to know who there resident directors are. they are elected by rsidents at each AGM- I'm sure the wood would be happy to have a new director- it is normally a thankless job, with annoymous comments from persons who dont take an active part in their own community. Again, attend an AGM and be more proactive with your directors. (Not my kind of thing)- is not a community proactive response.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

banbam wrote: »
    with annoymous comments from persons.

Well if any of the directors or committee members in the woods want to pm me I would be more than happy to go through how I have been treated by the agent recently over the phone or in person

Again, be proactive. Why don't you contact your directors representing the "WOOD". Im sure if you ask your neighbours, they'll direct you to the right persons. Not everybody uses this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

Again, be proactive. Why don't you contact your directors representing the "WOOD". Im sure if you ask your neighbours, they'll direct you to the right persons. Not everybody uses this forum.

So let me guess this straight, if you have an issue and you want to contact the board to go through that issue with them your agent tells you that you can't contact the board directly that you have to go through them you feel this is inappropriate because part of your issue is with the agent, then your only option is to aimlessly go round knocking doors in the hope that someone knows how to make contact with them or wait until up to a year for the next AGM

Is it any wonder people stopped paying their fees

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I have been reading the comments here and thought i would post my view.
    I am confused that the comments say that the legal stuff does not work and all those avenues have been exhausted. This is my experience.
    Two and a half years ago we contacted the agent with some problems we wanted help with, they were rude and came across unwilling to help. We decided stuff them we are not paying our fees as a protest to the uselessness. We did not receive any letters in the first year asking for the fees. When the second year came aroud we got our statment with a letter to say we owed two years and to pay up to avoid legal action. Nothing else. I think we got 1 more letter asking to please pay just before the third year was due. Now if we had had any further letters or last reminders or a letter from a collection agency we would have paid straight away. When the third year was due and still no theat of legal action we decided to pay to prevent the outstanding fee getting to high to manage. There were also other times we had gone to the management company to help with problems on the estate and they were rude an unwilling to help then too. On one occasion we even got our local td involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Which agent was that Jimjay?

can you explain how they were rude and what were the issues you had with?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

So let me guess this straight, if you have an issue and you want to contact the board to go through that issue with them your agent tells you that you can't contact the board directly that you have to go through them you feel this is inappropriate because part of your issue is with the agent, then your only option is to aimlessly go round knocking doors in the hope that someone knows how to make contact with them or wait until up to a year for the next AGM

Is it any wonder people stopped paying their fees

But the email address is in the useful contacts thread

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Jimjay wrote: »
    I have been reading the comments here and thought i would post my view.
    I am confused that the comments say that the legal stuff does not work and all those avenues have been exhausted. This is my experience.
    Two and a half years ago we contacted the agent with some problems we wanted help with, they were rude and came across unwilling to help. We decided stuff them we are not paying our fees as a protest to the uselessness. We did not receive any letters in the first year asking for the fees. When the second year came aroud we got our statment with a letter to say we owed two years and to pay up to avoid legal action. Nothing else. I think we got 1 more letter asking to please pay just before the third year was due. Now if we had had any further letters or last reminders or a letter from a collection agency we would have paid straight away. When the third year was due and still no theat of legal action we decided to pay to prevent the outstanding fee getting to high to manage. There were also other times we had gone to the management company to help with problems on the estate and they were rude an unwilling to help then too. On one occasion we even got our local td involved.

If your waiter is rude do you choose not to pay the bill? Or if the bank manager is unhelpful, do you let the mortgage payments slide? I do not understand this attitude that debts are optional based on perceived level of service.

I have had uneven experience with the agents and I resent having to pay management fees, however, seeing as I agreed to them when I bought into the estate, I don't have a choice and have to pay them.

If you have a problem with the agent or board, please continue to express your position with them and communicate in order to find a resolution you can live with. This passive aggressive non-payment, disengagement, is bad for everyone including you. If you are in Charlesland Park, please play your arrears now, because I resent having to carry to the can for you, and because I don't want our estate to have to resort to clamping.

If your waiter is rude do you choose not to pay the bill? Or if the bank manager is unhelpful, do you let the mortgage payments slide? I do not understand this attitude that debts are optional based on perceived level of service.

I have had uneven experience with the agents and I resent having to pay management fees, however, seeing as I agreed to them when I bought into the estate, I don't have a choice and have to pay them.

If you have a problem with the agent or board, please continue to express your position with them and communicate in order to find a resolution you can live with. This passive aggressive non-payment, disengagement, is bad for everyone including you. If you are in Charlesland Park, please play your arrears now, because I resent having to carry to the can for you, and because I don't want our estate to have to resort to clamping.

Well if you read my post you would have read that we paid up fully. We had every intention of paying. The point of my post was we thought we would be forced to pay by legal threat but we never had one.

Btw if i ordered any service and was not happy with it then I would not pay until it was resolved. If i buy a product i would return it. No wonder service can be so bad if people pay even if they are not happy. And yes i have complained in restaurants about the food or service and a number of times the manager has appolgised and not inlcuded the meal on the bill. We also found a better rate for our mortgage and switched banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Reality hits.car clamped charlesland wood (first entrance)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭MyPerfectCousin

Well if you read my post you would have read that we paid up fully. We had every intention of paying. The point of my post was we thought we would be forced to pay by legal threat but we never had one.

Btw if i ordered any service and was not happy with it then I would not pay until it was resolved. If i buy a product i would return it. No wonder service can be so bad if people pay even if they are not happy. And yes i have complained in restaurants about the food or service and a number of times the manager has appolgised and not inlcuded the meal on the bill. We also found a better rate for our mortgage and switched banks.

I saw that but directed that toward you and /or anyone else who was withholding payments (perhaps for as long as three years!) as a form of communication.

Of course you shouldn't pay for a bad product (poor meal) and you should switch to better ones (mortgage). And if that's what you were doing by withholding your management fees, let us know what the gripe was. But based on what you wrote it seems you weren't paying three years of payments because somebody was rude or unhelpful and that you were communicating your displeasure with that by not paying. Unfortunately, the "useless" agent got paid regardless, and it was your neighbours footing the bill.

I saw that but directed that toward you and /or anyone else who was withholding payments (perhaps for as long as three years!) as a form of communication.

Of course you shouldn't pay for a bad product (poor meal) and you should switch to better ones (mortgage). And if that's what you were doing by withholding your management fees, let us know what the gripe was. But based on what you wrote it seems you weren't paying three years of payments because somebody was rude or unhelpful and that you were communicating your displeasure with that by not paying. Unfortunately, the "useless" agent got paid regardless, and it was your neighbours footing the bill.

I understand. I expected to get a reply of the sorts when I posted but I posted honestly to put across the point that in our case attempts to collect the fees were nowhere near exhausted as described in other posts.
    While it is unfortunate that others can be affected by someone withholding fees it is also unfortunate that I don't own those other people's houses and our own conerns come first. The problems we have had do affect our property, it's value and saleability and have been more of an intermittent concern to us so I appologise to you for that. One of my conerns was posted on these forums a while back but i decided to ask a mod to take the post and photographs down as it made the estate look bad.

They sent you an invoice/statement. That in itself is a request for payment. Because they didn't follow up on it isn't any excuse for non payment.

Non payment because the service isn't adequate will only result in reduction of service. It won't get faster results and will likely delay them

They sent you an invoice/statement. That in itself is a request for payment. Because they didn't follow up on it isn't any excuse for non payment.

Non payment because the service isn't adequate will only result in reduction of service. It won't get faster results and will likely delay them

Exactly, sending a statement is hardly exhausting all avenues. So maybe more can be done to collect debts. If its right or wrong isnt the point. People need to listen and try and get to the bottom of why people are not paying. Everyone saying its wrong not paying isnt going to help.

I know in the crescent we used to pursue legal action via ivor fitz.

We successfully got judgements and the sherriff our a few times but we weren't able to recover anything so we stopped following this method and looked for alternatives.

interest never worked because people who don't pay already, definitely won't pay the interest.

clamping was our best option. also not to forget its up to you as an owner to pay your bills, the agents shouldn't have to chase after you.

Fully agree, your company directors( who are also your neighbours) should not have to get chasing people for your management fees. E You get one notice for your TV licence, you don't even get a notice to see your driving licence is expired. One invoice should suffice.

Fully agree, your company directors( who are also your neighbours) should not have to get chasing people for your management fees. E You get one notice for your TV licence, you don't even get a notice to see your driving licence is expired. One invoice should suffice.

Car clamped if you dont pay your tv licence...hmm .now theres an idea..the milk man.coal man gosh just about anybody could use the clamping excuse to extort money from people..hmm who owes me money and where can i buy a clamp....

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starlifter74

Thats a great idea ill get onto Bord Gais, Eircom and ESB.....Saves me having to pay for services for those that wont pay.

Folks - I think the issue of management fee payments and complaints about agents is probably a separate topic for its own thread.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

I wonder how long the clamping company would leave a clamp on for? Also do they have permission to tow cars that dont pay.
    If say someone refused to pay the release fee and didnt need to use their car surely the clamping company would be wasting money leaving it on. I got to thinking as the car in wood has had clamp on for three days now.

In the duplexes do they own the numbered space or just have exclusive rights to use it? I thought the numbered space would be private property and not liable to be clamped

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

I wonder how long the clamping company would leave a clamp on for? Also do they have permission to tow cars that dont pay.
    If say someone refused to pay the release fee and didnt need to use their car surely the clamping company would be wasting money leaving it on. I got to thinking as the car in wood has had clamp on for three days now.
    In the duplexes do they own the numbered space or just have exclusive rights to use it? I thought the numbered space would be private property and not liable to be clamped

Exclusive rights & owned by the company afaik

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

I saw that particular car myself - there is no 'Do not attempt to move this car' sticker. Besides the big obvious steel boot, if the owner got into the car say during the night and attempted to drive it away, we all know what happens next (not much, maybe a wrecked clutch and some damaged side arch).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

Does anybody know what happened to the red car clamped in the wood..the one that was clamped for over a week ?did the owner drive it away or did the clampers tow it?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Maudi wrote: »
    Does anybody know what happened to the red car clamped in the wood..the one that was clamped for over a week ?did the owner drive it away or did the clampers tow it?

The car is still there minus the clamp.

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭DK32

Apparently the clamping company need approval from the management company before they can clamp a car in the Wood. They don't seem to be bothered if cars are not displaying the disc or if cars are parked on footpaths. They only appear to have issues with parking on corners, double yellow lines and duplex assigned parking spaces. I rang the clamper's as we were expecting several visitors and even though I got a couple of visitor discs I was short a couple.

Someone mentioned some time ago they dont know when the AGM's are circulated. The AGM for the Crescent is Wed 28th August for apartment owners only. Im sure dates for the Wood, etc must also be around this time.

Someone mentioned some time ago they dont know when the AGM's are circulated. The AGM for the Crescent is Wed 28th August for apartment owners only. Im sure dates for the Wood, etc must also be around this time.

Not necessarily - they could be any time

Terry Pratchet

To the best of my knowledge, all the the estates within Charlesland have a calander year account, therefore the should by law hold there agm before the end of Sept each year. If they haven't already taken place then they should be coming up soon or they will face a penalty for delay filing of accounts under CRO.

yes but some of the estates have the AGM earlier in the year.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

resident in the court, anyone know what action you can take if your private space is taken by some random car...happening more and more often to me and i have nowhere to park. is there a number i can call to complain or get them clamped?

Advertisement