Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

resident in the court, anyone know what action you can take if your private space is taken by some random car...happening more and more often to me and i have nowhere to park. is there a number i can call to complain or get them clamped?

Can you be more specific here? Is the car in your garden, numbered space?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

DD9090 wrote: »
    Can you be more specific here? Is the car in your garden, numbered space?

In a numbered space, two of them, both full tonight with cars that dont belong to us and there are no visitor spots for me to park in, happens quite a bit but its usually only space, tonight its both.

Call the management company?

You could block the cars in with your car and when they go to leave and can't they may consider not taking your space again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭Muff Richardson

Call the management company?

You could block the cars in with your car and when they go to leave and can't they may consider not taking your space again.

thanks...yeah, I thought of both but I guess I dont want to leave myself open to clamping for being double parked on the road and block other residents using the road.

I only have a landline number for the management company so it will have to wait til during the day tomorrow.

thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

thanks...yeah, I thought of both but I guess I dont want to leave myself open to clamping for being double parked on the road and block other residents using the road.

I only have a landline number for the management company so it will have to wait til during the day tomorrow.

thanks again.
    I think you can call NCPS?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Have you tried leaving a polite note? Let them 'get the message'. I would avoid blocking cars in - you'll aggravate the offender and there might even be a civil liberty issue I think (be interesting to tease that one out).

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

astrofluff wrote: »
    Have you tried leaving a polite note? Let them 'get the message'. I would avoid blocking cars in - you'll aggravate the offender and there might even be a civil liberty issue I think (be interesting to tease that one out).

Is there no clamping in the court? I thought there was?

It's not a civil liberty issue if the spaces are numbered and assigned. Also technically it's private property?

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

Is there no clamping in the court? I thought there was?

It's not a civil liberty issue if the spaces are numbered and assigned. Also technically it's private property?

If its technically private property then whos private property is it? If its the owners private property then how can a clamping company clamp them for not having a parking pass and if its someone elses private property then it would have to be whoever it belongs to to deal with any trespassers and not the appartment owner.

I presume also you wouldn't want a car in your space clamped! If they cant pay to remove it then you will have a car parked permanently in your space.

Is it possible you can get some road cones and leave them in your spaces when you leave in morning? Maybe even attach a sign to a cone saying parking for appartment number ### only?

the private property would belong to the management company and would be managed by the agents.

if someone was in my space id bloody want them clamped.

I've always wondered if blocking a private driveway with a vehicle infringed on civil liberties. A quick google search doesn't yield anything useful on that aspect. I still wouldn't block in someone with a car - I'm sure there's some sort of traffic act about blocking other cars somewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 banbam

Suggest, place a notice on the windscreen saying these are assigned spaces and that the car will be clamped and garda informed of parking in assigned space. Then take a photo with notice and car number plate for future reference, if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

astrofluff wrote: »
    I've always wondered if blocking a private driveway with a vehicle infringed on civil liberties. A quick google search doesn't yield anything useful on that aspect. I still wouldn't block in someone with a car - I'm sure there's some sort of traffic act about blocking other cars somewhere.

Jeeze.then imagine they come running out of house with child choking or havin a fit or grandad havin a stroke .grannys house is being burgled all feasable..and youv'e blocked their car in with yours..yikes!!!!

Maudi wrote: »
    Jeeze.then imagine they come running out of house with child choking or havin a fit or grandad havin a stroke .grannys house is being burgled all feasable..and youv'e blocked their car in with yours..yikes!!!!

In these instances you should always call an ambulance. They should get there quicker and you're more likely to cause a serious accident when driving at speed in a state of panic and shock.

Except the burglary, you should call the Gards

Good point but does that not go for clamping also?

@ Matt, I have heard some horror stories about ambulance services around this area (for a different thread) and I know if my family needed urgent care I would be straight to the car.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I have heard some horror stories about ambulance services around this area (for a different thread) and I know if my family needed urgent care I would be straight to the car.

About 10 years ago I was in this situation myself.
    Following an accident in Greystones a child suffered severe burns.
    There simply was no time for an ambulance.
    I drove him to straight to the hospital (as per the medical advice I was given over the phone).
    Luckily he made a full recovery.
    As the incident was so serious it was featured in a documentry on RTE.
    After the incident medical staff to me that had we waited for the ambulance he would not have made it.

In these instances you should always call an ambulance. They should get there quicker and you're more likely to cause a serious accident when driving at speed in a state of panic and shock.

Except the burglary, you should call the Gards

You dont have children .

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

You dont have children .

Maybe he does, Maybe he doesnt - but that comment isn't appropriate or relevant. Please try not to personalise discussions.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

Why don't any of you moan about this anymore? Did you all just have a united moment and give up fighting?

:P

Is Matt Dublin now King Matt of Charlesland?

:)

Why don't any of you moan about this anymore? Did you all just have a united moment and give up fighting?

:P

Is Matt Dublin now King Matt of Charlesland?

I heard hes now selling doors ; )

I heard hes now selling doors ; )

I win I win I win!!!
    I told you all it wasn't the apocalypse!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭Cheeky Chops

He washed my car today.

He looked DEADLY.

:D

I can't believe this is seriously 42 pages

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

This is only the 'introduction of clamping' thread. The 'established clamping' thread is going to be mighty. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 147 ✭✭abacus120

I see the clampers are out in full force the last few days,clamps all over the place this morning,one poor girl bought a new car last night and did not get a chance to change the reg over to her permit,they wont take the clamp off,i think its disgraceful,no give at all :(

Apparently Seabourne almost unanimously voted against introducing clamping last night. The proposal was to pay them 2500 per month and also someone did a lot of digging on Apcoa - they have monthly targets to meet for clamping as well.

Terry Pratchet

Apparently Seabourne almost unanimously voted against introducing clamping last night. The proposal was to pay them 2500 per month and also someone did a lot of digging on Apcoa - they have monthly targets to meet for clamping as well.

Well done to the residents of Seabourne, a community with sense.

someone did a lot of digging on Apcoa - they have monthly targets to meet for clamping as well.

Does that come as a surprise? They are a business, they wouldn't survive without targets.

The sooner the better they are run out of Charlesland.

Well done to the residents of Seabourne, a community with sense.

Does that come as a surprise? They are a business, they wouldn't survive without targets.

The sooner the better they are run out of Charlesland.

I wasn't there so I only got a second hand version of the story

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

And the alternative Seabourne have come up with is?

i.e how will they deal with non payers of the mgmt costs?

FirstIn wrote: »
    And the alternative Seabourne have come up with is?

i.e how will they deal with non payers of the mgmt costs?

A range of things
    Not giving non payers key fobs to front doors
    Not giving non payers codes to bin shed
    Making non payers pay management company money for an electricity or gas company to check meter
    Withdrawing services of onsite handyman/plumber to non payers.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

A range of things
    Not giving non payers key fobs to front doors
    Not giving non payers codes to bin shed
    Making non payers pay management company money for an electricity or gas company to check meter
    Withdrawing services of onsite handyman/plumber to non payers.
    Plenty of big sticks there. Can't see why they'd need clamping as well.

Advertisement