Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options
1161718192022»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

A range of things
    Not giving non payers key fobs to front doors
    Not giving non payers codes to bin shed
    Making non payers pay management company money for an electricity or gas company to check meter
    Withdrawing services of onsite handyman/plumber to non payers.

I see many of these things as taking away their civil rights to access their home. I'm no expert on this area, but refusing someone access and use of the their home/services may put the MC in hot water. Clamping their car, perhaps a lesser civil liberty issue, but a tool nonetheless to get payment of management fees.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,933 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

astrofluff wrote: »
    I see many of these things as taking away their civil rights to access their home. I'm no expert on this area, but refusing someone access and use of the their home/services may put the MC in hot water. Clamping their car, perhaps a lesser civil liberty issue, but a tool nonetheless to get payment of management fees.

only the first one really affects access to their home.

I suppose they could give them a code to get in but make it really really long to annoy them...:pac:

Advertisement