Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

mirekb wrote: »

Do the management companies publish their accounts?
    No because they're private company, you can get acces to them by joining the board of directors

Maudi wrote: »
    i.e. cutting the grass?i didnt see them out gritting the roads during this years frost or last years snow..i have to say the estate is always tip top..but i think a res. ass.work very well too..
    The managagement agent actually costs less than 10% of the overall fees so its well worth the money especially for those who have busy lifestyle

Things like accounts, managing day to day services, making sure legal issues are in course, managing suppliers and contractors on a day to day basis, managing owner issues on a day to day basis.

It's quite messy for a residents association to deal with

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

The managagement agent actually costs less than 10% of the overall fees so its well worth the money especially for those who have busy lifestyle

Things like accounts, managing day to day services, making sure legal issues are in course, managing suppliers and contractors on a day to day basis, managing owner issues on a day to day basis.

It's quite messy for a residents association to deal with

Could you be more specific? And how much are the fees?

mirekb wrote: »

Could you be more specific? And how much are the fees?
    Depends on the size of the estate. Usually about 150ish per unit in smaller estates but down to about 80 a unit in larger sites. Economy to scale etc

If you want to know more you should really attend your next agm.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

No because they're private company, you can get acces to them by joining the board of directors

I presume they are a private limited company? If so they have to submit annual accounts and those accounts can be purchased by anyone for a small fee from the cro website, you do not have to join the board of directors to get access to them.

An old thread on fees shows wyse was paid 36k per year to act as management company for wood.

Didn't someone check out the woods accounts one year and find a mistake with over charging? I remember something about that being posted on boards.

• Advertisement

Jimjay wrote: »

I presume they are a private limited company? If so they have to submit annual accounts and those accounts can be purchased by anyone for a small fee from the cro website, you do not have to join the board of directors to get access to them.

An old thread on fees shows wyse was paid 36k per year to act as management company for wood.

Didn't someone check out the woods accounts one year and find a mistake with over charging? I remember something about that being posted on boards.
    Yeah that's right, you're spot on there

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭birdwatcher

i.e. cutting the grass?i didnt see them out gritting the roads during this years frost or last years snow..i have to say the estate is always tip top..but i think a res. ass.work very well too..

With respect Maudi...it's all very well saying that a residents association would work very well too, but most residents have day jobs, and wouldn't be in a position to, or have the spare time to sort out a problem half way through their working day.
    The work that management Companies undertake may seem like very little, but if the majority of owners actually took the time to attend AGMs they'd see that there are serious everyday issues that no-one seems to care about which the Managing Agents attend to as part of their duty of care.

In addition to this, the voluntary work undertaken by the Directors (most of whom are residents) is an unpaid and in most instances un-recognised role that demands time and a lot of effort.
    Directors provide their time free of charge, and their input is essential.

I heard that one AGM last year had less than 5 people attend......I think that speaks volumes.

I understand people concerns about clamping and other related measures, but what everyone needs to understand is that these measures are only undertaken as a last resort.

The bottom line is that, as was pointed out earlier, as unrecovered fees continue to grow in volume, there is less operating capital for day-to-day payments (landscaping/electricity/insurance/property maintenance).

And by the way, in relation to Management Companies publishing accounts...if you are a property owner in Charlesland (Court/Wood/Park/Grove /Crescent/Seabourne etc...) you are automatically a member of the Management Company, and are entitled to and will receive a copy of the published accounts for your individual Management Company every year at the AGM.
    Similarly, as a FULLY PAID member whos fees are up-to-date, you also have the right to vote at AGMs/EGMs.

Right...can't think of anything else....and I've already said too much.

Oh!.....I do NOT work for a Management Company. :)

With respect Maudi...it's all very well saying that a residents association would work very well too, but most residents have day jobs, and wouldn't be in a position to, or have the spare time to sort out a problem half way through their working day.
    The work that management Companies undertake may seem like very little, but if the majority of owners actually took the time to attend AGMs they'd see that there are serious everyday issues that no-one seems to care about which the Managing Agents attend to as part of their duty of care.

In addition to this, the voluntary work undertaken by the Directors (most of whom are residents) is an unpaid and in most instances un-recognised role that demands time and a lot of effort.
    Directors provide their time free of charge, and their input is essential.

I heard that one AGM last year had less than 5 people attend......I think that speaks volumes.

I understand people concerns about clamping and other related measures, but what everyone needs to understand is that these measures are only undertaken as a last resort.

The bottom line is that, as was pointed out earlier, as unrecovered fees continue to grow in volume, there is less operating capital for day-to-day payments (landscaping/electricity/insurance/property maintenance).

And by the way, in relation to Management Companies publishing accounts...if you are a property owner in Charlesland (Court/Wood/Park/Grove /Crescent/Seabourne etc...) you are automatically a member of the Management Company, and are entitled to and will receive a copy of the published accounts for your individual Management Company every year at the AGM.
    Similarly, as a FULLY PAID member whos fees are up-to-date, you also have the right to vote at AGMs/EGMs.

Right...can't think of anything else....and I've already said too much.

Oh!.....I do NOT work for a Management Company. :)
    Probably one of the best post about management companies I've seen on this forum. Thanks and well said

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Probably one of the best post about management companies I've seen on this forum. Thanks and well said
    what can the management do about the increase in cars abandoned/illegally parked on cycle lanes/pavements/grass areas does one approach the car owners directly.the mng comp or the guards....

what can the management do about the increase in cars abandoned/illegally parked on cycle lanes/pavements/grass areas does one approach the car owners directly.the mng comp or the guards....
    Report abandoned cars to the Gardai. Illegally parked cars can be clamped on privte property

• Advertisement

Report abandoned cars to the Gardai. Illegally parked cars can be clamped on privte property
    bit of a tricky one this.
    Abandoned cars will only be removed by the Gardai if they are causing an obstruction on a public road. If you call them about a car abandoned on private property with the reg number, they will try to contact the owner and get them to remove it.
    If the car is OPEN and there are kids playing in it or vandalising it, the Gardai have little option but to remove it as its potentially a danger to the public....especially if they let off the hand brake.....
    Illegally parked cars should be reported to individual Management Companies.
    Don't be surprised if WCC start to TOW illegally parked cars in future when they take over the spine road.....
    I see there was another clamping this morning on the spine road......parked on double yellows on a corner.......Hate that!!!

bit of a tricky one this.
    Abandoned cars will only be removed by the Gardai if they are causing an obstruction on a public road. If you call them about a car abandoned on private property with the reg number, they will try to contact the owner and get them to remove it.
    If the car is OPEN and there are kids playing in it or vandalising it, the Gardai have little option but to remove it as its potentially a danger to the public....especially if they let off the hand brake.....
    Illegally parked cars should be reported to individual Management Companies.
    Don't be surprised if WCC start to TOW illegally parked cars in future when they take over the spine road.....
    I see there was another clamping this morning on the spine road......parked on double yellows on a corner.......Hate that!!!
    ok.i suppose it "interpiting the law"my pet hate is cars parked on MY cycle lane..OR on the pavement..OR my real pet hate is if some loser is parked in his drive.and his loser friend decides to park DIRECTLY behind loser number one on the PAVEMENT..this is wrong..and what can i do about this<will the mng comp back me up<?or clamp people parkedon pavements?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

ok.i suppose it "interpiting the law"my pet hate is cars parked on MY cycle lane..OR on the pavement..OR my real pet hate is if some loser is parked in his drive.and his loser friend decides to park DIRECTLY behind loser number one on the PAVEMENT..this is wrong..and what can i do about this<will the mng comp back me up<?or clamp people parkedon pavements?

I think someone had a glass too many. :)

Can we have that in English now?

DD9090 wrote: »

I think someone had a glass too many. :)

Can we have that in English now?
    lol..lesson learned no more late night lemsips and sherry for me..what my rant was really about concerns cars parking on pavements usually directly behind a car already parked in a drive way..as if said path was an extension of the drive..its not!!its a path!! and im being forced on to the road with kids and sometimes buggy because of some retrobates parking skills..the same goes for the continuing use of the bike lane/path as a private parking bay near the woods entrance at the roundabout..bad enough some clown parks here but then they rip up the well maintained grass turning back down on to the road..are cars in the above examples parked illegally.and should they be clamped?

Hi Maudi
    AFIK the only part of Charlesland where blocking a pathway is a clampable offence, is in Charlesland Court.
    From looking at the signs at the entrances to C'land Court, if you park on double yellows, blocking paths or up on grass verges, you're fair game for clampers.

If you put in a call to request a car be clamped, the management company will support you. after all, they implemented the clamping for exactly that reason.

You'd really want to check with the managing agents for any other part of Charlesland - not too sure what their policies are.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 richd1

So is this clamping starting tomorrow in the wood?

richd1 wrote: »
    So is this clamping starting tomorrow in the wood?

what clamping?

• Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭audreyp

what clamping?

I don't think so. I got a call today about permits so don't think they are ready yet

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

I've just moved to Charlesland Wood and went over to pay my management fees last Friday. The woman there explained it very clearly I felt and had an answer for all my questions. It's a fiver to register for a disc and another fiver for up to two more visitor passes. As mentioned there's also a text option. She couldn't say precisely when it would start but that it was imminent and they'd be sending out letters shortly.
    I accept this is a fairly draconian measure but if you have paid or are paying (in installments as is possible) you've nothing to worry about in my view. 5-15 quid is worth paying I feel to ensure everyone is contributing to the upkeep of the area.

where did you go to?and what woman?

• Advertisement

I've just moved to Charlesland Wood and went over to pay my management fees last Friday. The woman there explained it very clearly I felt and had an answer for all my questions. It's a fiver to register for a disc and another fiver for up to two more visitor passes. As mentioned there's also a text option. She couldn't say precisely when it would start but that it was imminent and they'd be sending out letters shortly.
    I accept this is a fairly draconian measure but if you have paid or are paying (in installments as is possible) you've nothing to worry about in my view. 5-15 quid is worth paying I feel to ensure everyone is contributing to the upkeep of the area.

since when do we have to pay for the parking permits? i cannot remember seeing anything about having to pay 5 euro each in the letter? how the heck can they charge for permits to park outside your own home?

also it would be illegal to clamp any car without the correct signage clearly visible. i have not seen any signage installed in the wood at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Interesting idea this. We can debate the pros and cons of mgmt companies but at the end of the day, as it currently stands, the mgmt fees must be paid. It wouldn't come to this if more people paid.

Good point though re the signage. I wonder has that been thought of?

Also, apartment dwellers have assigned spots. You can hardly clamp someone in their assigned spot and obviously parking in ones driveway is also exempt.

So basically as i see it the clamping applies to the common/first come first served parking areas.

Therefor if you only have one car in your drive or assigned apartment spot you'll be fine. Oh and also no friends in cars coming to visit you.

But if a motorised friend did arrive you could simply tell them as you don't/can't pay your mgmt fees you don't have a permit for them and instruct them to park away from C'land Wood and walk back to your house. A real friend would do that!

The mgmt fees need to be paid. Why should the ones paying keep doing so when others don't. If there's a better way of getting people to pay then I'm sure Kennedy Wright and the mgmt company would love to hear them.

I'm working on the premise that there are some able to pay that don't. If we have a situation where there are so many that actually can't afford to pay (which might be the case given the way things are) then that's a completely different ball game.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stanley1980

the management company's offices are in the shopping complex (superquinn etc) 'Wyse & ?' Sorry I've forgotten their name!! The woman who works there told me it'll be 5 quid to register your car. She did say that the clampers can't go near cars in their driveways- just to clarify. Just passing on what I was told by them.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭mirekb

What if more than three friends visit at the same time? Should those who pay management fees have unlimited passes and those that don't have none?

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

I havent seen them but Crescent got the letters about the clamping few days ago. The guest pass/disc costs 10euro per year, my landlord didnt said anything about the cost of normal parking space. If there wont be any sms option its gonna be funny when ppl visiting someone in crescent/wood will park all around.

If the idea of clamping is to get people to pay management fees then why is there an additional cost for the permits? Any permit costs should be in the management fees. Although when many of us bought our houses we did not sign up to having to pay for our guests to visit us.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Jimjay wrote: »
    If the idea of clamping is to get people to pay management fees then why is there an additional cost for the permits? Any permit costs should be in the management fees. Although when many of us bought our houses we did not sign up to having to pay for our guests to visit us.
    The cost I believe covers the production of the permits. It's a once off cost and I think they will be added to your mgmt fee costs.

yoshiktk wrote: »
    I havent seen them but Crescent got the letters about the clamping few days ago. The guest pass/disc costs 10euro per year, my landlord didnt said anything about the cost of normal parking space. If there wont be any sms option its gonna be funny when ppl visiting someone in crescent/wood will park all around.
    The fees for the crescent are being absorbed by the management company for the first two passes for primary residents. You can buy guest passes for €10 each and there will also be a text/call service for guests.

The purpose of the parking in the crescent is to remove parking overflow from surrounding estates, reduce services of landlords/owners who choose not to pay their fees and don't engage with the agents and to reduce parking in dangerous locations such as the bends entering the crescent car park.

Crescent tenants need to register the car with Kennedy wright immediately.

Tenants who have not heard anything from their landlords should contact them immediately. If landlords haven't paid their fees their tenants WILL be clamped.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

We are near the Crescent - so for those that decide to not pay their fees - we will get an influx of parking into our part of the estate?
    The whole estate should introduce this permit and clamping set up at the one time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭youknowwho

I already pay a gand a year and now another charge because I'm compliant! Surely the sinking fund that we pay into will cover these administration charges.

Do you need a permit if you park on your drive or in a designated spot? My carspaces have the property number on them and are part of the leasehold which I'll be forever be paying off.

I agree about the signage though, if its absent the Mgmt Co. might find itself creating liabilities which will cost all the members and exacerbate the money situation instead of solving it.

Advertisement