Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

Would cutting off water/electricity supplies to the relevent units not be a better option? It would also have an immediate effect, or maybe i'm wrong?

great idea!!hey maybe a big red X painted on the front door of the non payers..and their first born child must be forefeited

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

Maudi wrote: »
    great idea!!hey maybe a big red X painted on the front door of the non payers..and their first born child must be forefeited

Well people are saying the clamping can't work because it might affect people who have paid so why not do something that will specifically target those that have not. I know that this was brought up in Seabourne.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Well people are saying the clamping can't work because it might affect people who have paid so why not do something that will specifically target those that have not. I know that this was brought up in Seabourne.

What did seabourne do? I'm really keen to know.

Because as of now parking permits seems a reasonable way to get non payers to pay up.

The anti permit posters on this thread have so far failed to come up with any realistic alternative that will compel people to pay.

But I'll give you an alternative , it's the legal route and the only real winners from that will be the legal profession.

FirstIn wrote: »

Because as of now parking permits seems a reasonable way to get non payers to pay up.

The anti permit posters on this thread have so far failed to come up with any realistic alternative that will compel people to pay.

But I'll give you an alternative , it's the legal route and the only real winners from that will be the legal profession.

It was only suggested, not sure whats actually happening with it yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭Alan_P

But, perhaps unfortunately, the only real route. Judges in this country, probably justifiably, abhor alternate legal systems. Someone in this thread said earlier that cutting off a clamp would be a criminal offence :- would they like to cite some cases where this has been prosecuted ?

Have they contacted the local Gardai, to see what their response would be to a clamp being cut ?

Because there's a fairly good chance the local Garda would smile,and say it's a civil matter between the clampee and clamping company.

In fact have the management companies implementing this sought any legal advice ? I don't see how you're not at least in breach of the Data Protection acts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Shutting off electricity and water was not bought up in Seabourne!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Seaborne put a fob key system on the main doors and bin sheds. When people don't pay their fees they simply disable the fobs and people can't get access without having to wait for someone to come along and let them in

Seaborne put a fob key system on the main doors and bin sheds. When people don't pay their fees they simply disable the fobs and people can't get access without having to wait for someone to come along and let them in
    Bl**dy hell. Now folks you thought clamping was bad! Just be glad you're not in Seabourne.

Shutting off electricity and water was not bought up in Seabourne!

Yes it was brought up, the option that is, i didn't say they did it.

Would cutting off water/electricity supplies to the relevent units not be a better option? It would also have an immediate effect, or maybe i'm wrong?

i did think you were jesting in you above post..but obviously you arent...

• Advertisement

Maudi wrote: »
    i did think you were jesting in you above post..but obviously you arent...

Haha! Nope they definetly brought it up as a possibility in one of the letters they sent around. I would say they had a rethink though!

Haha! Nope they definetly brought it up as a possibility in one of the letters they sent around. I would say they had a rethink though!

scary.....

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭stevestevenson

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't cut off utilities as the contract is between the tenant and the company.

I'm late to this, but can you not just use a debt collection agency for persistent non-payers?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you can't cut off utilities as the contract is between the tenant and the company.

I'm late to this, but can you not just use a debt collection agency for persistent non-payers?
    Debt collection doesn't work. Trust me, we've tried.

They did not suggest that in a letter. There was never a suggestion for that. Its not true. I suggest checking your facts before spouting this again.

What they are doing is that if you are not paying management fees they charge you 300 euro for the gas/elecricity company to check the metre. They NEVER suggested cutting anything off.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Ok mango, whatever you say.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

All this might have an effect on selling houses in charlesland:(

bido wrote: »
    All this might have an effect on selling houses in charlesland:(

Doubt it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Doubt it
    Are there any selling at the moment or more to the point are there any being bought?

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Are there any selling at the moment or more to the point are there any being bought?

I think there's loads for sale but no signs up. There's only a couple visibly for sale from looking around.

I've heard of a few of the houses going for relatively good money but the apartments aren't selling

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭bido

Mc Govern have sold.120 Charlesland grove.234 Charlesland Wood.12 Seabourne View.41 Seabourn. 97 Charlesland Wood. have been sold recently .:(

This isn't a thread about sales. It's a thread re collection of mgmt fees.

Will it impact sales. No. How would it? How could a thread re collection of unpaid fees impact on sales? What bullsh1t.

Anyone that has or is going to buy in Charlesland knows there's mgmt fees that must be paid. End of story.

Want to know re sales. Then start another thread.

Tell you what may impact on sales. Reading this thread, seeing the comments and realising that you could end up living beside a bunch of halfwits may put some off.

Will it impact sales. No. How would it? How could a thread re collection of unpaid fees impact on sales? What bullsh1t.

Anyone that has or is going to buy in Charlesland knows there's mgmt fees that must be paid. End of story.

Tell you what may impact on sales. Reading this thread, seeing the comments and realising that you could end up living beside a bunch of halfwits may put some off.

In future leave the moderating to the moderators. If you feel the thread is going off topic then you should report a post.

Also this post was reported as it could be a personal attack on everyone who disagrees with you. As you should be aware personal attacks are against the Charter. I am just giving an on thread warning for now but if there are similar comments again then you may get a warning or infraction.

As always feedback about moderation should not be given on thread. If you wish to send feedback pm me.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

I presume the coment was referring to the introduction of clamping having an effect on sales rather than a thread on a forum.

When we moved in to this home we did not have to ask for permission via txt for guests to visit us. Would we have considered other estates in the area had it been already introduced.... Then my answer would be yes.

Jimjay wrote: »
    I presume the coment was referring to the introduction of clamping having an effect on sales rather than a thread on a forum.

When we moved in to this home we did not have to ask for permission via txt for guests to visit us. Would we have considered other estates in the area had it been already introduced.... Then my answer would be yes.
    You do not have to ask for permission via txt. You will have visitors permits. (Unless you're too miserable to pay the fiver admin charge for these permits)
    Lets be clear. You pay your mgmt fees, you cough up the admin charge of a fiver a permit and you remember to put a visitors permit or txt when a visitor comes. Simple.

The benefit of this is the increased collection of mgmt fees. Fees that must be paid.

How people are struggling with this is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭LMC

Ok Im confused, are these permits for the whole of Charlesland?? As Ive received no official notication from Mgt co. The Court have had clampling in operation for a while now, a few probs at the beginining but then we all got the message and now park with consideration for our neighbours and live happily ever after :)

Oooh, dont the big blue clamping signs on the lamposts make the estate look real pretty :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

When did the signs go up?

Didn't notice them yesterday but they seem to be on every second post this morning.

DD9090 wrote: »
    When did the signs go up?

Didn't notice them yesterday but they seem to be on every second post this morning.

I didn't notice them until this morning but they look bloody horrible. I am glad i don't have a lamp post outside my house

• Advertisement

Jimjay wrote: »
    I didn't notice them until this morning but they look bloody horrible. I am glad i don't have a lamp post outside my house

the mng company harrassed people about putting up sat dishes..letters of threat etc..people ignored them..then they go and put up these eyesores..????w.t.f???dont they need planning permission?or at least a licence from the power company to interfere with light poles??some sneak put them up in the dark of night (sun11pm)

Advertisement