Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45 yellatdave

DD9090 wrote: »
    When did the signs go up?

Didn't notice them yesterday but they seem to be on every second post this morning.

Last night @ 9 two lads in a Seat Alhambra put them up in haste. Probably had to finish by 12 before they turned back into pumpkins :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

And the alternative is what? Still no alternatives lads. The mgmt fees have to be paid. It would not come to this if more paid.

It really is that straightforward.

Debt collecting agencies and the legal route, is this what people would prefer? By all accounts these methods don't work too well.

I don't want the inconvenience of all of this. I don't want clamping signs.

But I tell you what I really don't want is paying my mgmt fees when others don't feel they should.

• Registered Users Posts: 800 ✭✭✭Jimjay

FirstIn wrote: »
    And the alternative is what? Still no alternatives lads. The mgmt fees have to be paid. It would not come to this if more paid.

Debt collecting agencies and the legal route, is this what people would prefer? By all accounts these methods don't work too well.

But I tell you what I really don't want is paying my mgmt fees when others don't feel they should.

How many people have paid since the notification of clamping?
    If the threat of clamping is the only way then it will be a success in collecting fees. Once an acceptable level of fees have been collected will the clamping be called off and those signs taken down until next year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭Maudi

how many "units"are in charlesland and how much are the fees per "unit"per year?

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starlifter74

What has that got to do with anything?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

FirstIn wrote: »

Have you considered the possibility indeed the probability that some people cannot pay?
    Considering Charlesland as a microcosm of the country there are bound to be some who are stretched beyond their ability to pay. So the solution is to clamp them?? Then they will be further in debt. This is akin to the property tax legislation.
    What provision has been made for these unfortunates??
    Of course there will be the moral hazard issue of those who can but won't pay but imho clamping is not the solution. I will not be personally affected, as I am not resident in Charlesland, but I do feel for anybody who is unfortunate enough to have lost their job or suffered substantial losses. That's my opinion for what it's worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

Cerco wrote: »
    Have you considered the possibility indeed the probability that some people cannot pay?
    Considering Charlesland as a microcosm of the country there are bound to be some who are stretched beyond their ability to pay. So the solution is to clamp them?? Then they will be further in debt. This is akin to the property tax legislation.
    Of course there will be the moral hazard issue of those who can but won't pay but imho clamping is not the solution. I will not be personally affected, as I am not resident in Charlesland, but I do feel for anybody who is unfortunate enough to have lost their job or suffered substantial losses. That's my opinion for what it's worth.
    Have you not read most of the posts on this thread?

There is some who can not pay but there's a lot more who WILL
    NOT pay.

People who can't pay make an effort to deal with their debt.

People who will not pay ignore and do not engage the management companies, these people will be targeted not the people who cannot pay and keep in touch with the agents.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭FirstIn

Cerco wrote: »

Yes I did consider this. I say so in some of my earlier posts.
    If indeed the shortfall can't be made up because most people just can't afford it then ... well then I really don't know. Perhaps someone else does.

I guess the decision to start the parking permits was predicated on the fact there are those that can afford to pay and just don't.

Maudi wrote: »
    how many "units"are in charlesland and how much are the fees per "unit"per year?

well matt?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

well matt?

Don't think Matt-Dublin knows the fees for every single unit/home/dwelling or whatever you'd like to call it but there's near enough to 1500 in the whole of Charlesland as that is what you asked...

• Advertisement

JanneG wrote: »
    Don't think Matt-Dublin knows the fees for every single unit/home/dwelling or whatever you'd like to call it but there's near enough to 1500 in the whole of Charlesland as that is what you asked...

wow..that many?and what ?the mng companys agents demand ??600 euros on avg?from each unit..?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

600 euros on avg?from each unit..?

I think you will find that the average is far higher than that.

I know of some people in apartments paying over €1,500 (apartments are always higher though).

When you do the sums it is a lot of money!

• Registered Users Posts: 465 ✭✭Chocolate fiend

We lived in Charlesland Grove, people parked outside our house often for weeks at a time while they used the Aircoach to go on holidays. I would like to see people like that clamped!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

i'm renting in Charlesland, don't imagine I'm on any database or anything like that

I park in a spot outside the appartment, is it possible I will be clamped now?

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭JanneG

i'm renting in Charlesland, don't imagine I'm on any database or anything like that

I park in a spot outside the appartment, is it possible I will be clamped now?

Check with your landlord?

We lived in Charlesland Grove, people parked outside our house often for weeks at a time while they used the Aircoach to go on holidays. I would like to see people like that clamped!!

and people who park on the cycle path/path.

well matt?
    There's over 1500 apartments, duplexes and houses in the estate including seabourne i think.

management fees range from circa 300 in the houses to 1800 in the apartments.

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks - this discussion is specifically about clamping - management fees and the numbers of houses and apartments are really a separate issue for a separate thread - any queries on this send me a pm

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

8738256243_667b86a4ed_z.jpg
    Be Warned by pixbyjohn, on Flickr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

it only seems to be the case for Charlesland Court and Wood though

Charlesland Grove doesn't have these signs yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 726 ✭✭✭dubsgirl

it only seems to be the case for Charlesland Court and Wood though

Charlesland Grove doesn't have these signs yet

Charlesland Park & Grove are not clamping...

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭lakeroad

Charlesland Grove and Park are considering the introduction of clamping because the Management company is in the same situation as the Cresent and the Wood.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

No parking on junctions or corners - this will be fun :rolleyes:

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    8738256243_667b86a4ed_z.jpg
    Be Warned by pixbyjohn, on Flickr
    Did you rob the sign and mount it in your living room john????

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭Stall The Ball 101

The sign near my house is pointing towards on coming traffic, surly this is going to distract drivers, beware kids on the green !!!

Pity the Management Company refuses to do anything about it, it appears highlighting disc parking is more important than the safety of children playing on the estate

The sign near my house is pointing towards on coming traffic, surly this is going to distract drivers, beware kids on the green !!!

Pity the Management Company refuses to do anything about, it appears highlighting disc parking is more important than the safety of children playing on the estate

The speed ramps that the council put in don't count then??

And in fact the clamping will make it safer for children by removing cars parked at junctions and dangerous areas improving visibility for drivers.

What speed ramps in the woods, in fact I have asked the Management company to install ramps and I was told people dont want speed bumps outside their house

• Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

The speed ramps that the council put in don't count then??

Not wearing moderator hat.

What has that got to do with the price of cabbage?

A few ramps on the spine road is completely different to driving in the proper residential areas were the young kids mostly play.

• Advertisement

We have double yellow lines on the corner and no one parks there. I feel that this sign poses a danger and I hope Im not proved right

Advertisement