Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Introduction of clamping in Charlesland Crescent and Wood

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Starlifter74

Whats the difference between this sign and any other road sign, people should be driving with due care and attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭Don't Chute!

The sign near my house is pointing towards on coming traffic, surly this is going to distract drivers, beware kids on the green !!!

Pity the Management Company refuses to do anything about it, it appears highlighting disc parking is more important than the safety of children playing on the estate

I'm sorry but if someone gets distracted by a sign like that, they should not be let anywhere near a car, let alone drive one.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancerfidget

Hi black and amber but as a mother of young children I have seen the distraction that these overly large signs are causing. I feel that any cause for distraction should be minimised given that it is in such close proximity to where there are children playing. Dont forget this is Charlesland Wood rather than the M50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 dancerfidget

I agree people should drive with due care and attention but I have witnessed people reading these signs while still driving. The less distractions the better. I am only pointing this out as I have seen it occurring while playing with my children. I have paid my fees but do not appreciate these signs as I believe they are dangerous

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Hi black and amber but as a mother of young children I have seen the distraction that these overly large signs are causing
    This must be a serious problem during elections so, with large distracting posters of TDs all over the place :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

2011 wrote: »
    This must be a serious problem during elections so, with large distracting posters of TDs all over the place :D

In fairness, they are not erected in the main residential areas, whereas the clamping signs are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,583 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

DD9090 wrote: »
    In fairness, they are not erected in the main residential areas, whereas the clamping signs are.

Yup, ^^^see smiley in above post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45 yellatdave

The sign near my house is pointing towards on coming traffic, surly this is going to distract drivers, beware kids on the green !!!

Pity the Management Company refuses to do anything about it, it appears highlighting disc parking is more important than the safety of children playing on the estate
    I'm sorry but if someone gets distracted by a sign like that, they should not be let anywhere near a car, let alone drive one.

I think Stall the Ball has a very good point.

Road signage should have messages which can quickly be read and understood.
    Not only are these clamping signs 'text heavy', but the font is too small and the legibility of release fees & times is further impaired by insufficient contrast between text & background.

When facing traffic, they are dangerous... and distracting to the (much evident) type of driver 'black and amber' refers to.

Kids Safety First

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Did anyone received the disc already? I just noticed the boards informing about clamping and parking for guests, i hope that they wont start clamping before i get the disc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Did anyone received the disc already? I just noticed the boards informing about clamping and parking for guests, i hope that they wont start clamping before i get the disc.

They haven't been delivered yet, looks like it will be delayed another week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭yoshiktk

Double line on corner of crescent.... Will be fun to park on another side of parking cause the lack of space on my side.
    Ok i can understand the double line at the corner or down the road to court but the space opposite to the building is kinda bs for me. Was parking there all the time, its not a danherius place to park... Ehh darn it

yoshiktk wrote: »
    Double line on corner of crescent.... Will be fun to park on another side of parking cause the lack of space on my side.
    Ok i can understand the double line at the corner or down the road to court but the space opposite to the building is kinda bs for me. Was parking there all the time, its not a danherius place to park... Ehh darn it

They messed up with the ones outside the duplexes...

Think they're being removed.

The ones straight outside the crescent are staying.

All in the build up to clamping go live

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭tp25

some of people really love to have introduced clamping and mess associated with it... Thankfully it will be regulated by law soon.
    ... so the clampers won't be allowed to mess with privately owned vehicles in private estates.

You can do the tickets, but stay away from touching/ immobilising the vehicle (again topic open for those who don't afraid to fight these illegal practices)

Seems like Charlesland is too slow to realize that.

(awaiting avalanche of posts...)

tp25 wrote: »
    some of people really love to have introduced clamping and mess associated with it... Thankfully it will be regulated by law soon.
    ... so the clampers won't be allowed to mess with privately owned vehicles in private estates.

Really? If that is the case can you post a link to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

You can do the tickets, but stay away from touching/ immobilising the vehicle (again topic open for those who don't afraid to fight these illegal practices)

Is this what you are referring to?
    http://www.rte.ie/news/2013/0410/380765-clamping/

You're a bit 100% wrong here...

It will be regulated not banned,

Banning it would result in job loses, not what the government need right now...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,256 ✭✭✭.243

so what happens if you are working in the area for the day (and not in a specific dwelling)

.243 wrote: »
    so what happens if you are working in the area for the day (and not in a specific dwelling)

You ring the number and register your car for the day

You ring the number and register your car for the day
    so i have to waste my time and money to earn money,
    (ill just keep my consaw in the van just in case :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

.243 wrote: »
    so i have to waste my time and money to earn money,
    (ill just keep my consaw in the van just in case :D)

Can you really not waste 2 minutes and 20cent

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

See, this will be one of my main problems.

This all adds up in the long run.

20c seems small but how many will you need in a week or even month?

When is clamping due to start?

• Registered Users Posts: 41,065 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

DD9090 wrote: »
    See, this will be one of my main problems.

This all adds up in the long run.

20c seems small but how many will you need in a week or even month?

When is clamping due to start?

No. I meant 20 cent for a one off call.

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

No. I meant 20 cent for a one off call.

One off call per visit and we have to register visitors.

I have anything up to an average of 10 visitors per week. That's €2 per week €8 per month €96 per year and so on......

its my time and money and i care not to be wasting it on something that has nothing to do with me,
    if it really comes down to it ill just park on the grass

Or just pay your €5/10 for your visito passes! Jesus get over it and stop acting like children

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Car2318

How long does a visitor pass last and is it transferable? I.E. Can you use the one visitor pass time and time again for various guests? Is there a limit on how many you can purchase?

Thanks

Car2318 wrote: »
    How long does a visitor pass last and is it transferable? I.E. Can you use the one visitor pass time and time again for various guests? Is there a limit on how many you can purchase?

Thanks
    They're indefinite but a report if the number plates that use them will be sent to the directors and a people abusing them will get clamped, ie a visitor pass parked there for a month straight

Jesus get over it and stop acting like children

That's all well and good matt, however, the lack of communication on this is nothing short of shocking.

I am a tenant here and my hard earned money goes towards the upkeep and the management agent of this area who will not let me sit and have my say. This is then left to the few who can and then only a few them will turn up. A decision is made and the rest of us are left guessing what is going to happen. Again, the management agents and the residents committees are causing this problem because of the SERIOUS lack of communication.

Like others, I have found out via here with some of my neighbours only finding out when the signs were erected. I still have no communication on how this will work, what we have to do and so on....... because of this people have to come here to get information.

In fairness to you matt, you have been keeping us updated but it should have been done via a simple letter or flyer to each unit. I'm sure we could have even posted a post here regarding clamping.

The "childish" comment I feel was unnecessary and insulting to the people who are just looking for information.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,663 ✭✭✭Charlie-Bravo

Damo, letters were sent to the individual owners of houses about an EGM and how to deal with arrears - the state and affairs of the Management Company affects the owners who are members of the management company. While I appreciate you as a tenant may believe you are paying for goods and services provided to you, you are paying rent and could be one of the unlucky residents that has a landlord who has not discharged their management fees from day-one!

At the EGM there was a lengthy debate on the problems and all the exhausted actions already taken to resolve matters. The notice of EGM did not go into much detail of what methods were going to be discussed. If they had indicated in the letter the proposed actions, perhaps more people would have attended.

Subsequent to the meeting owners as well as tenants would have received separate letters detailing the proposed action as agreed at the EGM. The communication was clear enough - even the tenant's letters stated to get in contact with your landlord about the parking arrangements. I do feel for those tenants who are left in the dark but there is only so much the management company can do with communicating with tenants in the estate but I do believe they've made a reasonable effort to keep all owners as well as occupiers (i.e. tenants) informed.

-. . ...- . .-. / --. --- -. -. .- / --. .. ...- . / -.-- --- ..- / ..- .--.

• Advertisement

Damo,

I don't know about your area but in the crescent we sent letters to tenants, owners, posted notes in common areas, did multiple newsletters and door drops, mentioned it at an EGM and AGM.

This has been discussed since November and if you've not received notice about it you either need to contact your landlord and or check your mail more carefully that you're not throwing out notices thinking they're junk mail.

The childish comment is totally relevant especially when you have people talking about using consaws to cut off the clamps when they don't have enough time to send a message or call the number.

If people really are parking there every day they should be listed tenants and really shouldn't need to have to go through that trouble if they or their landlords have paid their management fees

Advertisement