Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cloud Storgae for music streaming?

Options
  • 18-02-2013 3:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭

I have 50GB of music on my external hard drive.
    What options have I got and would people recommend.
    My main concern is ease of use and cost.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭advertsfox

I have 50GB of music on my external hard drive.
    What options have I got and would people recommend.
    My main concern is ease of use and cost.
    Google Music is free, supports up to 20000 songs. Login with any Gmail address through a US or UK proxy and it will work from wherever immediately afterwards. Has an automatic iTunes scanner and will match any songs it recognises too and immediately add them online (saves upload wait).

Forgot to add: Change your address temporarily to any UK one (example being your Parcel Motel one), it completely skips the verify process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 676 ✭✭✭qvsr46ofgc792k

advertsfox wrote: »
    Google Music is free, supports up to 20000 songs. Login with any Gmail address through a US or UK proxy and it will work from wherever immediately afterwards. Has an automatic iTunes scanner and will match any songs it recognises too and immediately add them online (saves upload wait).

Does not work anymore that way.

They make you verify a Uk/Us credit card as proof now.

Thats that option out the window

Does not work anymore that way.

They make you verify a Uk/Us credit card as proof now.

Thats that option out the window
    No it's not, I only set it up for a friend in work on Friday and works perfectly.

If you go through a UK proxy and change your Wallet address temporarily to any UK one (e.g your Parcel Motel one), it completely skips the verify process. ;)

No it's not, I only set it up for a friend in work on Friday and works perfectly.

If you go through a UK proxy and change your Wallet address temporarily to any UK one (e.g your Parcel Motel one), it completely skips the verify process. ;)

And that will work with my Irish Bank Card?

When you talk about parcel motel, do you mean just enter the texaco adress or actually pay?

Little unsure what you mean pal (i tried to google what you said, still a little confused)

And that will work with my Irish Bank Card?

When you talk about parcel motel, do you mean just enter the texaco adress or actually pay?

Little unsure what you mean pal (i tried to google what you said, still a little confused)
    Yeah any card, just edit your Wallet information here (click Edit):

https://wallet.google.com/manage/#paymentMethods:

The actual address, it doesn't need to be a legitmate one. Use this (the post code might be all you need.

Parcel Motel (PM111111)
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

• Advertisement

Yeah any card, just edit your Wallet information here (click Edit):

https://wallet.google.com/manage/#paymentMethods:

The actual address, it doesn't need to be a legitmate one. Use this (the post code might be all you need.

Parcel Motel (PM111111)
    1A McKinney Road
    Mallusk
    Newtownabbey Antrim BT36 4PE
    United Kingdom

You, my friend, are the reason why boards.ie is my fave website.
    Thank you very very much.

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭Gotham

When I set this up, downloading the Android Google Music application didn't work for me.
    It turns out you have to download an older version (American) and itll update and link to the market once its done.

The APK is hard enough to find, got it from the XDA forum guys:
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/ybl11xjjfo9o0r9/Google_Music_v4_1_511.apk

Handy QR code below:
    r2ObwaP.png

Advertisement