Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel gone missing in post

Options
  • 18-02-2013 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Hi

I hope i'm in the right forum. I recently returned a jacket I purchased online back to Germany as it didn't fit. I returned it on the 23rd January and it still hasn't arrived. I have filled out a "lost" item form for An Post. It wasn't registered, just standard post and I have proof of postage.

The value of the jacket was €167 which I can ill afford to lose. Anyone any idea where I go from here if it doesn't turn up?

I have been emailing the company I bought it from regularly but they don't seem too bothered tbh.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

fizzles wrote: »
    I hope i'm in the right forum. I recently returned a jacket I purchased online back to Germany as it didn't fit. I returned it on the 23rd January and it still hasn't arrived. I have filled out a "lost" item form for An Post. It wasn't registered, just standard post and I have proof of postage.

The value of the jacket was €167 which I can ill afford to lose. Anyone any idea where I go from here if it doesn't turn up?

Did you insure it when sending? If not, then you are out of pocket. It has nothing to do with the receiver, it's purely between you and An Post.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

As was the case on a similar thread recently about an Ebay issue, when returning ANYTHING it is vital to send by recorded delivery. Anything else leaves you open to losing your money and the item. Proof of postage is, unfortunately, not proof of delivery.
    I'm not saying it is the case here, but sellers can claim they didn't receive the item (even if they did) and you don't have a leg to stand on. Of course they won't seem to be bothered - why should they? You gifted them their item back with no tracking and they already have your money.

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fizzles

Great news, the company received my jacket last Friday so I have been
    credited with the relevant amount.:)

I've learned my lesson though and will register any items I send back in the future.

Thanks for the comments.

Advertisement