Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hotels near Connolly on sat night

Options
  • 18-02-2013 3:54pm
    Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey there,

Ma and da are coming to Dublin on Saturday, getting train in to Connolly. Anywhere know of a good hotel in walking distance of this place (or relatively close).

Being able to get to Grafton street etc, but being close to the train station and quiet enough (so don't really want somewhere with a 2am nightclub next door).

Not too expensive either, I reckon mid-range.

Recommendations? :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭SunnyDub1

very near Connolly station, cheap, cheerful, central.
    http://www.beresfordhotelifsc.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The Westin's in a nice location, about 10-12 mins walk from Connolly, and about 5 mins walk from Grafton St :)

Although I'm not so sure it's mid-range...might be expensive. The Gibson beside the 02 - they can get the Luas from Bus Aras to bring them straight to the door, and then they can get the Luas to Abbey St and get off there for Grafton St.

The Westin's in a nice location, about 10-12 mins walk from Connolly, and about 5 mins walk from Grafton St :)

Although I'm not so sure it's mid-range...might be expensive. The Gibson beside the 02 - they can get the Luas from Bus Aras to bring them straight to the door, and then they can get the Luas to Abbey St and get off there for Grafton St.

Both very exspensive hotels

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Chocoholic84

The Gibson's not that dear...it's €130 B&B for 2 people...pretty good for a 4 star hotel!

Searched Westin also, and yeah...maybe not...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

There's a Jury's at Customs House Quay, would that suit? Should be quiet enough and it's just across from Tara Street. Also handy enough for the nice cafes at Grand Canal Dock.

• Advertisement

The Gibson's not that dear...it's €130 B&B for 2 people...pretty good for a 4 star hotel!

Searched Westin also, and yeah...maybe not...:)

€99 for bed & breakfast in the Beresford Hotel, and also right beside Connolly station. With no need to be using the luas.

• Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Thanks, I sent them both on. I know nothing about Dublin hotels, or the northside at all really, but I presume those areas are perfectly grand at night :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,119 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

Clarion IFSC 4* €99 on Saturday night on Hotels.com

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

awec wrote: »
    Thanks, I sent them both on. I know nothing about Dublin hotels, or the northside at all really, but I presume those areas are perfectly grand at night :)
    Around Connolly is dodgy tbh, I think. You’re right beside the river at Customs House Quay, and it’s much quieter and nicer. The Customs House is a really beautiful building - it’s a beautiful view at night time when the river is lit up by the bridges.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

I stayed in the North Star Hotel right across the road from Connolly a few weeks back. I know the rep the place has had in the past so was a but apprehensive.

But I can recommend it, but only if you get one of their newer rooms at the back of the block. I got it as a Groupon or Living Social deal (can't remember which) and for €79 for a double with breakfast and a welcome drink included it was good value. The newer rooms are pretty impressive, defintely a 4 star standard.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hm, "dodgy" doesn't sound good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

awec wrote: »
    Hm, "dodgy" doesn't sound good :(

Connolly area can be a bit unnerving at night-time it's true. The luas is right there so they could feasibly stay anywhere along the luas line. Gardiner St has a million and one b&bs on it, that's all I know that could help!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭kksaints

North Star hotel is grand. Right across the road from Connolly and was done up a small bit recently. I generally stay there when I need a hotel for matches. OP if you are worried about getting to the place from Grafton street the 14 and 15 buses from Suffolk Street or the 27 from Dame Street drop you off around a minutes walk from the hotel.

Advertisement