Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Am i too old for hairstyle?

• 18-02-2013 3:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I would like to get my hair half shaved at the sides but have been told that I am too old for that style(29)
    I used to have my hair completely shaved/Mohawk for years. Now my hair is quite long but so boring.
    Wouldn't like to have it all short as it would be a pain to grow out.
    Thanks for any suggestions.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

I don't think you're too old for it, but I'd be wary of getting it done simply because I think that style has had its day.

Also, if you think having your hair all the one length is going to be a pain to grow out, growing out one shaved side is going to twice as bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Ah woman! You're 29, sure you're only a young sprog yet! As they say - you're as young as the man you feel!
    Joking aside though that kind of thing depends far more on your personality than your age.
    Also, I'm sitting here looking at my boss who is 34 and a bit of a punk and has short platinum blonde hair with shaved sides.
    I think if it's your style and you have the confidence to pull it off (which you must have if you had that hairstyle for a long time) then GO FOR IT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭willow tree

Ah to be 29 again, so young! Just saw rosario Dawson with it, love it..go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Thanks guys! Think I am going to get it done on Wednesday. I don't mind that it's going out of fashion, I'm not really a trend follower, just like this look.

Was thinking that because I will still have long hair it won't look as bad when growing out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

My Mam had that hairstyle about two years ago...she is hitting on sixty, looked great on her.It's really all about what suits you and your style.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,158 ✭✭✭Tayla

No, you're not too old, I wish I could pull that look off, I think it's really cool. Go for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭Piper101

I'm in the process of growing out a shaved sides hair style although my hair was more asymmetrical bob a la yer wan from the Saturdays. i LOVED it!!!......until I got pregnant and wasnt feeling it with a bump. Almost have it grown into a bob now and am constantly stopping myself from shaving it again when I see girls with it and looking fab. Def go for it...hair grows :)

Advertisement