Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Corneal ulcer - worse before it gets better?

• 18-02-2013 3:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭

I'm currently treating my guinea pig for an ulcerated cornea. I brought him to the vet on Friday and got two different ointments, which I've been applying three times a day as directed.

I've had other pigs get this before, but this is the worst one yet and it looks terrible. The eye is starting to cloud now, which I know is supposed to happen, but is it a case that this eye is going to look worse before it gets better? I just don't see any progress since Friday and the clouding makes it look worse.

I'm thinking of bringing him back tomorrow just to make sure everything's alright.

As an aside, he's eating, drinking and pooping as normal, and he's still is lovely friendly self so I don't think it's affecting him too badly, it just looks really bad.

Any reassurance or advice would help put me at ease a bit.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Honestly the best reassurance you could get is from your vet, just give them a quick call and see what they think as they would know the case better than anyone :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I brought him back this morning. Ugh, I was right to think it was getting worse - he's developed glaucoma, so he might end up losing the eye. His medication has been changed so fingers crossed for my little fluffy man.

Advertisement