Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital SLRs Camera in Tesco?

Options
  • 18-02-2013 4:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

Hi,

want to ask if Tesco sells Digital SLRs cameras. My small local Tesco doesn't have them and bigger one (Clonmel, Cork..) aren't close so I thought I would ask first before going there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Buy one in a Camera shop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

CianRyan wrote: »
    Buy one in a Camera shop.

Tesco direct in UK has really good prices on them, so maybe if they sell them in Ireland price might be good (I know it is going to be more than in UK) and I also have some spare tesco vouchers that I could use on it as it's a gift.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

198321 wrote: »
    Tesco direct in UK has really good prices on them, so maybe if they sell them in Ireland price might be good (I know it is going to be more than in UK) and I also have some spare tesco vouchers that I could use on it as it's a gift.

At least go to a real Camera shop and get advice first if you're not already up to date.
    I don't know why but I just wouldn't feel comfortable buying a camera from there.
    What can they offer in terms of after sales warranty?
    Will they fix it for you if it breaks or is it just the usual 30 days guarantee?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 501 ✭✭✭198321

CianRyan wrote: »
    At least go to a real Camera shop and get advice first if you're not already up to date.
    I don't know why but I just wouldn't feel comfortable buying a camera from there.
    What can they offer in terms of after sales warranty?
    Will they fix it for you if it breaks or is it just the usual 30 days guarantee?

i have some idea about what I gonna get, have few models that I feel comfortable about and all of them are available on UK tesco page.

I find tesco ok with after sales, if I gonna buy from other place than Tesco it is going to be Amazon, but I thought I would first check if Tesco has it.

Ofcorse I am not going to get some model that I haven't red reviews about

Thanks for advice anyway :)

And to point to ring Tesco and ask - I don't think shop assistant at Customer service would have any idea what is DSLr camera, so I thought I ask here maybe somebody seen them in Tesco.

Moved from After Hours. Cork County forum charter now applies.

• Advertisement
Advertisement