Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

is eircom bb always bad in newport tipperary?

• 18-02-2013 4:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭

just came from friends in newport and was amazed how bad the eircom BB was, kept disconnecting. Is this the norm? speeds of 1mb quoted as well.

gbc

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,109 ✭✭✭sutty

I dont know about tip, but i am having issues since friday in work. Seems to be the gateway in waterford. High pings of 1600 and up. About 33% packet loss (due to router timing out packets) was on to eircom about it on friday, the pretty much ingnored this and said its a router issue. Replaced router with their own nettopia pos and had the same issue. They still ignored this and wanted an engineer to call out. But no point as the line is fine. Looks like there might be issues with the waterford gateway. Going to ring them again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,530 ✭✭✭swoofer

just to clarify it appears it was a fluke that the 2 locations i visited were experiencing faults, the one i changed cables on is rock solid now, the other one is not available to me to fix

Advertisement