Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Theft in the shop

Options
  • 18-02-2013 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi,

Sorry for placing that in PR, however wasn't sure where to put it. Quick question. I saw in few shops pictures of people cought on stealing goods from them. That was obvieusly recorded on CCTV system. I have recently found same thing in my shop - two people stealing goods - can I stick printed pictures of the in the shop? With let's say " We refuse to serve this customer"....? Or is that against the law?

Thanks for your response.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SimonPRepublic

I wouldn't see why you couldn't, but it would make sense to post this question in the legal discussion forum which is under 'soc' above.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 michellepinto

But why would you want to put up something like that? How would it affect or benefit your business?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SimonPRepublic

But why would you want to put up something like that? How would it affect or benefit your business?

It could benefit it by putting off future shoplifters for fear that their picture will be posted and someone could recognise them.

Instead of saying they won't serve them, I would ask shoppers "do you recognise these people?"

Advertisement