Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online study

Options
  • 18-02-2013 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know this may seem like a ridiculous question, but is there any sort of health science/medical related subject that i could study online, or part time? I really want to work in a hospital/help people but i'm working full time in an office with a baby on the way, so can't up and quit and start going to college. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭Dingle_berry

There are loads of jobs that help people, in and outside of hospitals. Do you have any idea what field you'd want to work in? What kind of qualifications do you have?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,635 ✭✭✭loubian

I would love to work in medicine, or radiography. I know i'd have to study full time for both of those. I'm interested in psychology too, but i'm attending counselling at the moment, and want to be almost finished with that before i start stuyding psychology.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭readystudypass

loubian wrote: »
    I'm interested in psychology too

Open University do a degree in psychology. They also do a degree in health and social care

Dublin City University run an online BA in Humanities through www.oscail.ie where you have the option of doing 50% of the degree through psychology modules. Thing is, you would have to do modules in some of the other subjects they offer (History, Literature, Philosophy, Sociology) to complete the degree.

Alternatively, Oscail may allow you to study for individual psychology modules but you wouldn't receive a qualification by going this route - Just that you had completed such and such a psychology module

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭BoonDoc

There are plenty of FETAC options out there. If you want fully online try the free courses available here:
    https://www.coursera.org/courses?orderby=upcoming&cats=health

Advertisement