Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eyebrow Ring - Yay or Nay

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Juicyfruit wrote: »
    Had it done about 10 years ago, the skin between the two holes shrunk and eventually fell off! Have a lovely scar on my left eyebrow as a reminder now.

Don't do it op!

PREP for the next war, I like it, and the govinment dont know it cost them nuttin.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

Connect it all! :)

Have the eyebrow ring connected to the nose ring connected to the lip ring connected to the ear ring connected to the boob ring connected to the belly ring connected to the wee wee ring connected to the testes ring connected to the toe ring!

Ring Puzzle Man! We can toss pebbles at you trying to see what ring we can get them through! Oh the joy........

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bonkers1984

Sup Dude?

Personally I think you should go for it.

Now im not one of them psycic dudes but you sound like a neat guy and I think it would compliment what is undeniably likely to be awesome hair.

Id imagine u drive an awesome car aswell.

Go for it dude...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 203 ✭✭iCosmopolis

seamus wrote: »
    Got it done twice about 15 years ago. Looked good, except that my body rejected it. That is, the amount of skin between the two holes got progressively smaller until it just popped off and left a little rut in my eyebrow when the two holes joined up. That healed up, and unperturbed I did it again. And the same thing happened again within six months. So I gave up. The legacy is now a 3mm gap in my left eyebrow. Which you wouldn't even notice. Plus I can do a comb-over.

I think they're not just a little out of fashion at this stage, I think they're well out. Don't see anyone with them now unless they have a few other facial piercings.

Ditto! Exact same thing happened to mine, got it done when I was 18 and the skin kind of died, tried again, same thing. I use eyebrow pencil in the gap :) scar just looks like a chicken pox scar.

Agree that they're a bit dated - I'd go for a subtle ear lobe disc or maybe piercing under the lip if I were OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Mollusc

Thanks for all the feedback. I don't want to pierce anything more on my face. I just think the eyebrow ring/bar with my bleached spikey hair will look good (I'm a natural ginger... :( )

I think some of the positive responses has helped me make my mind up. I'm gonna GO FOR IT!

Oh, btw, I drive an 09 Opel Insignia. It's a real pimpmobile.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

eyebrow piercing = its either 1999
    or your a bogger scumbag

Well, I've done it. I think it looks great.

Tell me what you think!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

Mollusc wrote: »
    Well, I've done it. I think it looks great.

Tell me what you think!

Looks great, and good on you for doing what you wanted instead of listening to the nay-sayers ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Bonkers1984

OMFG Dude. U dah bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

If you hide your ginger hair, why would you get something which attracts attention to your ginger eyebrows?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 976 ✭✭✭Kev_2012

I don't like tattoos and most piercings and don't have any, but I always quite liked eyebrow piercings.

Thanks Kev and Links, I'm stoked about it! :)

I don't think it brings much attention to my ging' 'brows. Something to think about.

:(

Sorry, thanks Bonkers too!

• Site Banned Posts: 71 ✭✭Zer0

No. it may become infected which can lead to a swollen eyebrow.. And it doesn't suit some people.. the general stigma is that it's a skanger trait or a 90's fashion statement.. like bowl haircuts, the step hair cut and loop ear rings for men.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Zer0 wrote: »
    No. it may become infected which can lead to a swollen eyebrow.. And it doesn't suit some people.. the general stigma is that it's a skanger trait or a 90's fashion statement.. like bowl haircuts, the step hair cut and loop ear rings for men.

If you look after a piercing, it wont get infected :rolleyes:

OP, if you want it, get it. Dont let other people influence you. Im 29 and had mine done(horizontally) until last December when i took it out for training and left it out for too long so it closed up.

Advertisement