Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please somebody help me

Options
  • 18-02-2013 4:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭

Last August I signed up for a package with eircom where you get unlimited (up to 250 gb) data on broadband speeds of 8mb and unlimited free national and local calls all in one deal for 40.00 a month. 

Due to a huge mistake made by eircom, only our phone line was switched over and we were left with vodafone internet. Despite numerous calls and emails to eircom, it took over three months for this to be rectified and for eircom to take over internet service. Then, finally it was sorted and we were credited with the amount it cost to pay vodafone for our internet for those months (think we'd to pay for four months of service). 

Brilliant. Except that we were switched to basic broadband which only provided 10 gb a month. So I requested a change to the higher internet service. Since then, we have been grossly over charged on each bill to the amounts of 55-60 euro. As well as that, the internet speeds are nowhere near what were promised and the service is very patchy in the house - disconnecting frequently and not operating correctly in our sitting room to the extent that we may as well not have any internet. 

I rang today to sort this and admittedly I was mad when I rang so I probably didn't come over very well but I was annoyed when the rep said the amount we were credited by had been to cover the difference in bill and the package we'd signed up to had always been for 55 euro and no other package existed. I insisted this was NOT the package signed up for. 

I am so annoyed. I had sent an extensive email to a complaints rep in late December detailing the issue and asking for clarification and never received a response. Over the last six months, we have had so many issues that have taken months to resolve only for more issues to crop up. 

Please somebody help me.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ViveLaVie wrote: »
    Last August I signed up for a package with eircom where you get unlimited (up to 250 gb) data on broadband speeds of 8mb and unlimited free national and local calls all in one deal for 40.00 a month. 

Due to a huge mistake made by eircom, only our phone line was switched over and we were left with vodafone internet. Despite numerous calls and emails to eircom, it took over three months for this to be rectified and for eircom to take over internet service. Then, finally it was sorted and we were credited with the amount it cost to pay vodafone for our internet for those months (think we'd to pay for four months of service). 

Brilliant. Except that we were switched to basic broadband which only provided 10 gb a month. So I requested a change to the higher internet service. Since then, we have been grossly over charged on each bill to the amounts of 55-60 euro. As well as that, the internet speeds are nowhere near what were promised and the service is very patchy in the house - disconnecting frequently and not operating correctly in our sitting room to the extent that we may as well not have any internet. 

I rang today to sort this and admittedly I was mad when I rang so I probably didn't come over very well but I was annoyed when the rep said the amount we were credited by had been to cover the difference in bill and the package we'd signed up to had always been for 55 euro and no other package existed. I insisted this was NOT the package signed up for. 

I am so annoyed. I had sent an extensive email to a complaints rep in late December detailing the issue and asking for clarification and never received a response. Over the last six months, we have had so many issues that have taken months to resolve only for more issues to crop up. 

Please somebody help me.

Hi ViveLaVie

I'm very sorry to hear this, can you please PM me your account details? I shall look into this and get back to you.

Regards

Al

Advertisement