Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car rental from Dublin Port

Options
  • 18-02-2013 5:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭

Hi,

I've been hunting around the web and I'm looking to see if anybody does car rental from Dublin Ferry Port?

I've seen Dan Dooley, but to be honest he is charging €300+ for 2 days rental, when Hertz/Budget/Avis etc do it for about €60. (this dude is a complete RIP OFF!) The problem is I will be arriving at the port with a small child and luggage in tow.

I've heard of pick up services, but non seem to mention it!

I just called Hertz and they were not interested in doing it (considering its only 9km from Dublin to the Port)

Does anybody know of any place that would offer this?

Thanks,
    DG.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,880 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Try Enterprise. They do a pick-up service, though not AFAIK on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭DanGlee

Thanks. I just checked their site. They dont work Sundays. I'm travelling back Sunday! How frustrating!

I did some more research, turns out I can get a ferry to Dun Laoghaire and SIXT are in there... I could be onto a winner! (However, frustratingly their website says it will only let you book online for 2 days or more and to call for a quote on less than two days) how bizarre!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,031 ✭✭✭colm_c

There's a bunch of car rental places in both dun laoghaire and the city centre. You might be as handy getting a taxi to one of the places, shouldn't cost much.

Check out www.arguscarhire.ie - they have a map and price comparison of all the major rental companies.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,426 ✭✭✭✭Victor

If you go to the airport, you might get better prices and range. Taxi would be about €20-25 including toll. Alternatively, get the ferry bus (adult €3, child €1.50) to Busáras (central bus station) and route 747 (adult €6, child €3) to the airport.

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Airport-Services/
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/Ferry-Connections1/

Advertisement