Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Evod

Options
  • 18-02-2013 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭

I really, really want to love this but am just not feeling it. :confused:
    Although I tend not to like my vape too warm, the evod is just far too cool for me. I like the T3 (not as much as the T2) so thought I'd like the evod too cos they're both bottom coils. The Evod mouthpiece is lovely (and I got pink so it's very pretty!).

Don't want to give up on it so would changing the resistence of the coils help do you think? Standard comes with 2.5 omhs but you can get them from 1.7ohms up to 3.0 ohms.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

You'll probably vape at the wattage that you prefer whatever the ohms of the atty.
    The only way to get more heat is for the coil to get closer to your mouth, or for you to rebuild with twisted wire (you can push the voltage much higher without burning).
    Lowering the resistance will just speed the time it takes the coil to get warm enough to vape at if you have a VV/VW device.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭csi vegas

sept09baby wrote: »
    The Evod mouthpiece is lovely (and I got pink so it's very pretty!)

Where did you buy?

• Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

Got it at the vapemeet from the folks at e-smokeireland

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

I bought some high resistance Evod heads from E-Smokeireland on Thursday - the first one is reading 3.3ohms on my Provari but I'm fairly sure this is an anomalously high coil, the rest will probably be closer to 3.0ohms
    At the same time it's fairly warm at 4.8 volts and no burning.

I also rebuilt an Evod head a short while ago, it was very easy indeed.
    You could make some pretty high resistance heads using .15 Kanthal...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 97 ✭✭GobblyNob

My Evod arrived this morning. Threw a 2.2 coil onto it as 2.5 is a bit too high for my regular ego battery.

Anyway, the evod is pretty cool, I like the design of it. The mouthpiece rests perfectly in my gob. I haven't noticed the "cold vape" people seem to be complaining about even though I've been using top-coil clearomizers til now. I would call it "a grand aul vape".

Bit of a plasticy taste at first, on the 2nd tank now and it's fine. I guess if I order another one (actually I definitely will order another one) I'll give it a quick rinse before using it. Also, the coil was loose when I bought it so make sure everything is screwed tight before you pour the juice in if you're thinking of buying one.

Also, it looks cool.

Anyway, great fecking value for only 5.50e

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I got 4 of them, all work well. But one did have a cheimical type taste so I washed it out right away.

The others, working grand, nice flavour, good vapour, BUT ... that mouthpiece is terrible. The shape is grand, but transparent? Have another look at it after 2 days and tell me it's lovely! :p The condensation/moisture it shows up, looks awful. Other than that I like them. Got blue, black, red and silver. The red looks cool.

Real pity they didn't use solid colour mouthpieces or I'd buy more.

I think the clear mouthpiece is cool! What's wrong with a few drops of condensation? It's like a cool effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 899 ✭✭✭StickyIcky

GobblyNob wrote: »
    I think the clear mouthpiece is cool! What's wrong with a few drops of condensation? It's like a cool effect.

I don't have an issue with it. I find its comfortable, nice shape and size etc.

I got 4 of them, all work well. But one did have a cheimical type taste so I washed it out right away.

The others, working grand, nice flavour, good vapour, BUT ... that mouthpiece is terrible. The shape is grand, but transparent? Have another look at it after 2 days and tell me it's lovely! :p The condensation/moisture it shows up, looks awful. Other than that I like them. Got blue, black, red and silver. The red looks cool.

Real pity they didn't use solid colour mouthpieces or I'd buy more.

Try sucking for half a second longer after you let go of the button to clear the mouth piece of any left over vapour. Hopefully that makes a difference. I don't really notice it and if I do it doesn't bother me. I dunno. I see how you could find it not as clean looking as an opaque tip.

sept09baby wrote: »
    I really, really want to love this but am just not feeling it. :confused:
    Although I tend not to like my vape too warm, the evod is just far too cool for me. I like the T3 (not as much as the T2) so thought I'd like the evod too cos they're both bottom coils. The Evod mouthpiece is lovely (and I got pink so it's very pretty!).

Don't want to give up on it so would changing the resistence of the coils help do you think? Standard comes with 2.5 omhs but you can get them from 1.7ohms up to 3.0 ohms.

What grindle and plop said sounds interesting. Might try that myself. I would like it to be a bit warmer too. Let me know if you manage to get on with it. I think they look great. You know there's a matching battery for it? Kanger evod battery exact same pink colour as the evod clearo , matches it perfectly. Size wise and the way it connects, I'd love to get one as looks much better than on my ego battery.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Rattleshakes

OMG pink?! sounds totally awesome!! I mean...:eek:...whatever,just drop it already jeez:(

StickyIcky wrote: »
    I think they look great. You know there's a matching battery for it? Kanger evod battery exact same pink colour as the evod clearo , matches it perfectly. Size wise and the way it connects, I'd love to get one as looks much better than on my ego battery.

I now have two and they look so much nicer than the T3's. They are shorter in length and are a little bit slimmer too. They pair up very nicely on the eGo Twist, it all looks very sleek and BIG BONUS it's minus that huge black 'chimney cowl' which sits atop the T3 and MT3, which is sooo conspicuous

Comparison:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTiWa9mpy_Rh5kUEgaal-yeojbAM2y1Hy62Fi7pK1XxVJtk77StRg

I didn't know there was an eVod battery...

...Didn't know you were a girl either Sticky! Unless you're not and you just like pink
    :) ... which is perfectly fine ... :)

csi vegas wrote: »
    ...Didn't know you were a girl either Sticky! Unless you're not and you just like pink

:D

He was just pointing out the pink battery to sept09baby.
    Girls->pink->who knew, amirite?

He's more a shine-get fan I think. Keeps oohing and aahing all over the 'week's wages' mods.

Here you go Sticky, your daily dose:

caravela%20mod%2056a.jpg

Holy Fùck thassabigpicksher. Sorry Digby... :'-(

From the C9V Forum:
    http://www.c9v-forum.com/rebuildables-genesis-talk/evod-bcc-rebuildable/

Credit to User Skp574I
    "rewicked my eVods last night using Ekowool. I used 1.5/2mm wick doubled over and 5 wraps of 0.25 kanthal giving a 1.5 ohm coil. I didn't put any loose wick on top of the coil like in the stock heads. This thing is now vaping like a smoke machine. I've had to drop my nic strength down to 12mg as well. I had to work the wick in a bit but this morning it is bang on.

I got it on a GUS G16 mod at the moment. It is really trying to be a Kayfun mini. Flavour is outstanding (using El Toro Cigarrillos). I can't get over the amount of vapour I'm getting from it, nor can the other half who keeps wafting it out the way"
    Here's my setup:

usary4a2.jpg

pazu3a4e.jpg

Ekowool. Must get me some of that.

grindle wrote: »

Ooooooops...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,008 ✭✭✭colly10

He's more a shine-get fan I think. Keeps oohing and aahing all over the 'week's wages' mods.

caravela%20mod%2056a.jpg

Holy Fùck thassabigpicksher. Sorry Digby... :'-(

What's that, havn't seen one before?

colly10 wrote: »
    What's that, havn't seen one before?

That's a Caravela with a Senesis by Senio on top.

Total cost for both if you got onto the Caravela's list (which you can't do any more, all 999 spots filled) would be about €220-€240 (that's without any of the going extras for either mod) , but realistically that combo has a trade/cash value closer to €350-€400.

Some Americans have paid over €450 for the Caravela alone. Oddballs.

That looks sweet, but not anything near €300+ sweet.

On the evods, well, I'm still using them despite not liking the clear mouth piece. that's just a personal thing, some may not mind or even like it, I would rather it solid colour.

I also got a new Kanger MT3 with some extra coil heads and an ego twist battery, finally. That combination is pleasing me right now. Using the evods for side flavours.

No comment :P

• Advertisement

yupurite

*insert homer simpson drool*
    Ekowool. Must get me some of that.

CSI I'm going to order something from here soon
    http://www.cloud9vaping.co.uk/Ekowool
    If you want to go halves in some Ekowool and the shipping I might be tempted

What do you reckon Grindle? Could Ekowool be any better than better than silica wick from TheBestShop etc?

They use in on spaceships so surely it must be good enough for my vapouriser http://www.ekowool.com/why-ekowool

That looks sweet, but not anything near €300+ sweet.

On the evods, well, I'm still using them despite not liking the clear mouth piece. that's just a personal thing, some may not mind or even like it, I would rather it solid colour.

I also got a new Kanger MT3 with some extra coil heads and an ego twist battery, finally. That combination is pleasing me right now. Using the evods for side flavours.

Would you say the evod is better than the MT3?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

So are these better than the T2s or T3s? I'm going to order this starter kit http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

I think the T3s look better but that's not a big deal. Also I have seen mini batteries (400mAh) available for this kit, I like the idea of making the thing a bit shorter.

Would you say the evod is better than the MT3?

No, I prefer the MT3, it's jut working better for me. I got 4x evods and all of them are giving me grief. They work fine one minute, then start randomly gurgling the next :( really annoying. I'll be ordering more MT3 units, as I have some spare coils to suit. They just seem more solid, and they are about the same price.

I have found with both that if you stand the whole unit, attached, upright, you get less gurgling. Which tells me there's a kink in the armour someplace. Juice is creeping in over time, somehow, around where the coil head fastens inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭mrplop

That's a Caravela with a Senesis by Senio on top.

Total cost for both if you got onto the Caravela's list (which you can't do any more, all 999 spots filled) would be about €220-€240 (that's without any of the going extras for either mod) , but realistically that combo has a trade/cash value closer to €350-€400.

Some Americans have paid over €450 for the Caravela alone. Oddballs.

Not really the prettiest device in my opinion, it's not going to do anything spectacularly better than any other similar device.

A lot of the ECF boys buy these for the resale value and bragging rights.

StickyIcky wrote: »
    What do you reckon Grindle? Could Ekowool be any better than better than silica wick from TheBestShop etc?
    Everything I've read about it has basically said that it tastes like good silica but wicks like cotton, so unless you've got wicking problems in your set-up it's a waste of cash. Probably a nice upgrade for a Vivi or other clearos, but if you're upgrading I'd just leap up to SS, but I may be biased towards SS.
    mrplop wrote: »
    Not really the prettiest device in my opinion, it's not going to do anything spectacularly better than any other similar device.

A lot of the ECF boys buy these for the resale value and bragging rights.
    Yeah, I think it looks manky, the same way I thnk Rolexes look gaudy as Fùck. It serves as a reminder that most vapers seem to be older. Shiny=good.
    The manufacturer has tried to stem the flow of it, but tons of people have bought them to trade for multiples of other sought-after devices.

The all-brass contacts do guarantee a certain level of quality to the vape, but nothing that can't be gained by visiting a hardware shop and replacing SS screws/nuts/bolts with brass versions in whichever cheap mod you might have.
    After that, the price comes from exclusivity, much like early Burial or DMZ vinyl-buyers selling original copies for over €100. Someone wants it, why not sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

No, I prefer the MT3, it's jut working better for me. I got 4x evods and all of them are giving me grief. They work fine one minute, then start randomly gurgling the next :( really annoying. I'll be ordering more MT3 units, as I have some spare coils to suit. They just seem more solid, and they are about the same price.

I have found with both that if you stand the whole unit, attached, upright, you get less gurgling. Which tells me there's a kink in the armour someplace. Juice is creeping in over time, somehow, around where the coil head fastens inside.

Thought I read somewhere you can use the T3/MT3 heads on an evod as well ?
    Might be worth trying if its the head thats causing you problems.

Thought I read somewhere you can use the T3/MT3 heads on an evod as well ?
    Might be worth trying if its the head thats causing you problems.

Just tried, and you are correct :) the evod head set certainly seems to fit snuggly enough on the MT3. Cheers for that, never would have thought of trying, they look so different. Will pull out a new MT3 coil and stick it into a fresh evod now and give it a go through the day.

I'm still happily vapping away on my evod, no problems except for one bit of gurgling. Just make sure the coil is screwed in tight as ****, as it may come loose when you open it up to refill it. I'm not sure if that's why mine is fixed, or if I'm the luckiest person in the world to get the only functioning evod, but just try the tightening thing anyway.

• Advertisement

4 evods here, all gurgled at some point. Though you may be right about the tightening.

I've mentioned it elsewhere, but got my Vamo today, with a vivi nova ... and I've been messing with the thing all day, switching volts and watts and whatever, and not one dry hit, no gurgling or miss fire, no leaking, no horrible taste ... good stuffs.

Advertisement