Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

piercing apprenticeship

• 18-02-2013 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

does anyone know if there is anywhere in cork that does piercing apprenticeships? im finishing school this year and im interested in a career in piercing for years :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Bang123

I think Bazzers take on apprentices :L It would be an unreal career actually after school

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Like a tattoo apprenticeship, they're very, very hard to get. Your best bet is to call round to some of the reputable places, and chat to the owners and the piercers.
    You'll probably be told no. Get used to this. You'll likely have to show a very keen interest, and to hang around a lot, and do a lot of the general dogsbody work for a long time too. And that's if they do take you on at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭Killer_banana

Some good advice I was given recently by someone who is currently a piercing apprentice:
    the fastest way your going to get an apprenticeship is by HOUNDING people, bug the ****ing life out of them until you get what you want. you may think im having you on but im not, honestly. you need to show then that you genuinely interested and not a time waster. they won't invest their time and interest in you if you don't show your passion and drive.

Also keep in mind you may have to go further afield than Cork for your apprenticeship, perhaps further afield than Ireland. My friend has been looking for ages for a tattoo apprenticeship and will probably be looking a lot longer. Also there's a chance someone might think your suited but not be able to take you on at anytime soon (although you can gain contacts this way).

Advertisement