Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco nappies

Options
  • 18-02-2013 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭

My son is 3 and not trained at night. We have had to use Tesco size 6 nappies for a while now because weight wise they were the biggest and fitted him perfectly. Myself and my husband both agreed for a long time that these nappies were the strongest, no nappy rash and no leaks.a pack used to be nearly 8 euro for 38 nappies which was good value. Now Tesco have changed their packaging, changed the type of nappy to these little thin leaky ones and reduced the amount in the pack to 30 and a while ago put the price up. I am so annoyed. I feel like writing to them and complaining but I would probably be wasting my time., My friend recommended lidl pull ups as an alternative. I will try them. Any other suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

I have used Tesco nappies a few time but I found they were too thick and bulky, I love the new design... so far. (I've only used 6 size 5's and havent opened the pack of size 3's yet)

They do seem to be the biggest nappies, even bigger than Pampers Size 6. I'm not sure about pull ups, they seem more lightly to slide down her legs when they are really full in the morning.

Have you tried Pampers Active fit size 5+ for nights, they are really thin but really hold loads, I've never had a leak but I think they are too dear for all the time, just nights.

All companies really are out to fleece you when it comes to size 6, they are often more than 24c per nappy, as dear as a size 3 Active fit nappy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭lounakin

My child isn't as old but my favourite brand is Boots' own. I've tried pampers and lidl, other random ones on sale but I always go back to boots. They are smaller, more absorbant.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

Different strokes for different folks n all that. The son was fine on huggies until about size 3, the pampers were useless all along while the tesco and aldi were fine.

Now with the new baby we've found the pampers and huggies to be useless so far but the new tesco size 1 are perfect. Haven't tried anything else as of yet. If it ain't broke n what not.

• Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

We went out this evening and bought the lidl ones so the little man has gone up to bed with one on. They're very similar to the Tesco old ones. I had used all the brands over the years and ended up happy with those. It will be interesting to see in the morning if they have been successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 405 ✭✭Going Demented

I used Lidl Pull ups on my eldest until she was toilet trained at 2.5. They were the only ones that fit and didn't leak.
    I found the aldi ones a lot smaller fit for her.

Good luck in the morning

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 353 ✭✭Daffodil.d

I used Lidl Pull ups on my eldest until she was toilet trained at 2.5. They were the only ones that fit and didn't leak.
    I found the aldi ones a lot smaller fit for her.

Good luck in the morning
    So far so good. No leaks this morning.

Advertisement