Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Speed Query

• 18-02-2013 7:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

They have a "Talk to" forum here: http://www.boards.ie/ttforum/1546

Should be able to help with your query.
    They will however, tell you that wireless is not indicative of the speed and will more than likely ask you to do the test wired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

What model modem do you have?
    What speed are you getting on a wired connection?
    Your wireless speed is no indication that the upgrade has gone through yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭bitburger

on wifi i can never get over 20mbps, my wired htpc always gets the 50 though.

using the latest upc cisco modem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Hootanany

I recently updated to 50m from 20m my wireless is really bad now and UPC have changed the router to the Thompson one,Still having issues and they keep telling me they have reset the modem.
    Is there something they are not telling us.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Is that a very old unit? If it is and is DOCSIS2 you might want to get it swapped for a DOCSIS3 unit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,116 ✭✭✭starviewadams

We got that same Thomson modem sent out to replace the EPC2425 when we upgraded to 50MB a few months back and speeds are perfect on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,557 ✭✭✭The tax man

ED E wrote: »
    Is that a very old unit? If it is and is DOCSIS2 you might want to get it swapped for a DOCSIS3 unit.

The Thomson preceded the Cisco 3925. It's still in use and is DOCSIS3.

• Advertisement

Next time it goes slow power off + on the router and test again, if its back to normal as soon as you do that but drops again later than you aren't alone by a long shot. We had it for months. Upc resolved it but didn't explain how. Long thread in this forum about it, and several in the talkTo forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭homer911

I'm playing around with a new UPC 50Mbps connection with the Cisco 3925

With laptop plugged into router, I'm getting 55Mbps, on wireless, at any range, I'm getting around 20

On the tablet I'm getting 25-35 depending on the range

On the home PC, furthest point from the router, I'm having lots of issues, having to connect wirelessly - bought a N class USB adapter and at best could get 3Mbps (with upload speed being double!). Went back to my G class and got 6Mbps and stronger signal. Currently trying to set up netgear router as wireless repeater but cant get it working - will probably post again on this to see if anyone can advise..

Do your up speeds stay good to full yeah?

The boards reps elevated my case to the networking team and they sorted things, but wont say how. Try PMing them maybe and ask if the same can be done.

Advertisement