Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

S22 Under 20s!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Trippie wrote: »
    First pull at 108 stars is 206cm, 116 kg player. Hoping for something special in his skills when promoted

Wow, sounds promising Trippie :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭Trippie

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Wow, sounds promising Trippie :)

He got 2.5 stars at normal in his first game, played 8. Expecting a lot from him, hoping he can be my first 200k player and first u20 player.

I pulled a guy who was 186cm 95 kg played 12 all the time in youth team so assumed he was a back and got a 197cm 103kg player with 108 stars in his place. Either a beast of an inside centre or may have to switch him to the pack, not sure yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Trippie wrote: »
    He got 2.5 stars at normal in his first game, played 8. Expecting a lot from him, hoping he can be my first 200k player and first u20 player.

I pulled a guy who was 186cm 95 kg played 12 all the time in youth team so assumed he was a back and got a 197cm 103kg player with 108 stars in his place. Either a beast of an inside centre or may have to switch him to the pack, not sure yet.

Link to him? Can add him as a centre to the database..

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

Just a reminder, now is the time to start training these guys. Whether you get them off the Transfer market or have the next George North/BOD/Carter in your academy just turning 17, get him out of there and on 14 sessions!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

crisco10 wrote: »
    Just a reminder, now is the time to start training these guys. Whether you get them off the Transfer market or have the next George North/BOD/Carter in your academy just turning 17, get him out of there and on 14 sessions!

I've been having **** luck with my academy so far. Guys haven't even been worth putting up on the market let alone train myself :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

I hear ya. Got nothing from my youth academy. Max 28k csr. Did they reduce the training levels again after the last u20s pulls?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭seanand

daheff wrote: »
    I hear ya. Got nothing from my youth academy. Max 28k csr. Did they reduce the training levels again after the last u20s pulls?

nope, i got a 36k guy and iv a guy who im expecting to hit 40k today coming out

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

I've pulled 2 40ks so far, one at 90 stars another at 60, I've been lucky with pulls tho, have gotten a few beast from my acadamy so far

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Somehow all my most promising lads are due out at the end of the season. I was nearly sure I invested very little at the end. Are youth birthdays random or always tie in with recruiting time?

I have one lad who's just about to hit 40k, but he's been 17 for four weeks. Not sure if that's a huge game-changer?

FewFew wrote: »
    Somehow all my most promising lads are due out at the end of the season. I was nearly sure I invested very little at the end. Are youth birthdays random or always tie in with recruiting time?

I have one lad who's just about to hit 40k, but he's been 17 for four weeks. Not sure if that's a huge game-changer?

Birthdays are sometime in the seven days before recruitment into academy.

Your young lad would have to be only 17 this season for the S22 U20s so while he's a great prospect he wont make the squad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Gidea

When you scout a new player into your academy his birthday will be one of the 7 days before you pulled him so if you pulled today you'd get a guy with a birthday between rd.2 day 4 - rd.3 day 4.

So when you scouting for youths for the under 20's you always do it on rd.2 day 1 and after, to make sure you dont end up with players that will be too old by the time the WC comes round

Ah, I've had good players out the last two seasons fairly consistently so it's more of a case of having a small barren period. It's only annoying as I wouldn't have minded training a back for the S22 U20s from my academy (transfer money is not currently available).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,866 ✭✭✭daheff

mar-z wrote: »
    Ah, I've had good players out the last two seasons fairly consistently so it's more of a case of having a small barren period. It's only annoying as I wouldn't have minded training a back for the S22 U20s from my academy (transfer money is not currently available).

hmm...dont know...both my clubs have had nothing special from them. Although I did get somebody to buy a 18k csr 206cm from my affiliate for 250k :rolleyes: and replaced him with a brazillian 17 yo 201cm for 10k

Advertisement