Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I found my Beagle a new home

• 18-02-2013 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭

I recently made a thread here seeking advice about re-homing my dog. Whilst that thread was locked, I'd like to make an update on the situation if that's ok

I found him a home to the nicest people who fell in love with him as soon as they saw him. I was never comfortable in bringing him to an animal rescue shelter as the thought of him in a cage alone ripped me up.

Instead, due to advice from my thread I used other avenues. The new owners personally came out to see him after a lengthy conversation on the phone. I answered any question they had about him and some of my own to make sure he was given to the right home. They had done their research on his breed for sure.

He instantly took to them and wouldn't leave them alone for the duration of the time they were there. It was then they took him and he didn't bat an eyelid. He practically ran to their car!

I called them later that night to make sure he was okay and they said there wasn't a bother on him, which was reassuring.

I'd just like to thank everyone who gave me advice or sent me a pm as it really helped.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,960 ✭✭✭jimf

thats great news they are such lovable little dogs

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭CollardGreens

That is wonderful! I was just wondering if you had ever found a home, didn't know the thread had been locked ~ not on the Animal part that much (I take that back, After Hours has a few, lol).

Thank you so much for telling an end to the story, happy, happy, happy :)

Daisy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

Great news. He is such a good looking pup. Who wouldn't want to take him home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭missmyler

Great news but a bit worried that you didnt do an actual home check with them to see where he lives

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

Mod note: There are some pretty huge rescues in this country that don't do home checks either, which enjoy enormous support from members of the public despite this.
    I'm going to lock this thread now because with posts like above, it's only going to go one way. I'm not having it turn into the same shambles as last week's did.
    Thanks,
    DBB

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement