Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seasoning for chevon or beef

Options
  • 18-02-2013 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi there

I'm trying to find herbs that complement chevon in particular, but also beef. I find rosemary works well with chevon, but it is closer to beef than lamb in flavour. Mixed herbs are yuck, although i have a joint in oven with them. What are yea peoples views on mixed herbs? (i guess that is a second question)

Also, apart from chilli, what spices would work with the above meats?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 268 ✭✭efc67

Sage, thyme and Rosemary.................then use the stock for gravy with a bit of red wine, .....Thats what i always use

• Registered Users Posts: 22,778 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

For the goat - A rub of ground cumin & coriander & a hint of cinnamon would suit it for a North African-style dish. Basically, treat it as you would mutton.

However, if it is kid (gitzi as we call it here) more delicate flavours such as rosemary & garlic would suit better.

Advertisement