Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house phone & broadband wiring

• 18-02-2013 8:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

I am currently renovating a house but it has been gutted so essentially a newbuild. I am running the phone, tv cabling etc myself. What is the best way for me to run the wires for phone and broadband? From the phone connection point outside to a central point and then a seperate wire from here to each room? If so would the line from outside go to like a control panel or to a phone socket say in the office and spread from here? OR from the outside box to the first phone socket and daisy chained around each room? And should I use Cat 6 cable? Any other thoughts or tips would be appreciated. Thankyou.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭lmimmfn

Normally the cable comes into the house at the master socket where its wired in a ring network to sockets around the house. To get the maximum speed synching for broadband its best to filter the line at the master socket and have the ring off that. Thats what i did and it synchs about 5% higher on my crappy 4Mb line.

Ignoring idiots who comment "far right" because they don't even know what it means

Advertisement