Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Halifax Collection Agency

Options
  • 18-02-2013 9:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭

Hi
    Hoping someone can help, I had a Halifax credit card, my debt was passed on to a collection agency, I've a direct debit set up with the agency since jan 2012 but have never received any statements or postal correspondence since the DD has been in place. I am eager to make contact with the collection agency about the amount outstanding, but don't know the name of the company, I think they are based in Galway.
    I have tired to locate the original letter I received early last year but have mislaid it, Halifax are not entertaining me. Does anyone knows who the collection agency acting on behalf of Halifax behalf ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Why are you dealing with the collection agency?

Halifax tried this with me I refused now I have the direct line to a person in Dublin and I still get statements. I renegotiated a new payment per month and they cancelled the interest.

Did Halifax tell you they dont know who they sold you debt to?

I wouldnt trust the collections agency to tell you when your account is paid off and I could see peoblems getting a refund if you over paid.

Maybe if you google the sort code and account number, you might get the debt collections agency.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭ljcoolk

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Why are you dealing with the collection agency?

Halifax tried this with me I refused now I have the direct line to a person in Dublin and I still get statements. I renegotiated a new payment per month and they cancelled the interest.

Did Halifax tell you they dont know who they sold you debt to?

I wouldnt trust the collections agency to tell you when your account is paid off and I could see peoblems getting a refund if you over paid.

Maybe if you google the sort code and account number, you might get the debt collections agency.

What a shower they wouldn't enter any negotiations with me found them to be an absolute nightmare to deal with.
    I phoned the UK Halifax offices I was given a number for an English collection agency, which is of no use to me, could you please pm the phone number for the Dublin office they should be able to point me in the right direction. I thought they had left Ireland altogether.

I am afraid of the collection agency collecting more than they should, as you said if I overpay could be problems with getting a refund. If all else fails I was thinking of cancelling my DD and let them contact me !

Thanks

I went into arrears last July, I wrote to them offering them 78% of my monthly payment resulting in my an extension of 4 months to my original agreement.

I heard nothing so I sent another letter expressing my disappointment with the lack of reply.

Then I received a letter saying they had received my complaint (?) and they were investigating.

I called and spoke to a lady who didnt have the correct information out the situation in Ireland but she asked me what can I pay, I told her the amount and she said, OK pay that amount.

Two months later I get debt collection letters. I write to find out wheat the issue is, they start calling me daily. I write and say I will deal in writing only.

They sent out a form to fill in ( financial statement ) and we agree a new agreement ie the amount I had been paying since I fell into arrears.

I then get a letter ' Our response to your complaint' It gave details of a phone call I supposedly had with Halifax, including personal details of someone else.

I then got another letter, same title, giving a totally different version of what I said on the call. I replied with the date time and person I spoke to, they replied with the correct version of the phone call.

Then before Christmas I get a letter saying I haven't paid in 6 months, even though I am getting statements from Halifax and I pay by bank transfer so have a paper trail, so I forwarded a hard copy to them as proof of payment.

Then last week I got another letter ' Our response to your complaint', this makes no reference to my new agreement and included another 'financial statement.'

They just seem like a disaster, cant wait until I am rid of them in 12 months time when this €400 is paid off. In 5 years I missed 2 payments and went €60 into arrears and this is what I get!

When I call the number I was given I get through to a British call centre but I have the name of the person looking after the Ireland situation. I'll PM you this.

Imagine having a mortgage with this lot?

I went into arrears last July, I wrote to them offering them 78% of my monthly payment resulting in my an extension of 4 months to my original agreement.

I heard nothing so I sent another letter expressing my disappointment with the lack of reply.

Then I received a letter saying they had received my complaint (?) and they were investigating.

I called and spoke to a lady who didnt have the correct information out the situation in Ireland but she asked me what can I pay, I told her the amount and she said, OK pay that amount.

Two months later I get debt collection letters. I write to find out wheat the issue is, they start calling me daily. I write and say I will deal in writing only.

They sent out a form to fill in ( financial statement ) and we agree a new agreement ie the amount I had been paying since I fell into arrears.

I then get a letter ' Our response to your complaint' It gave details of a phone call I supposedly had with Halifax, including personal details of someone else.

I then got another letter, same title, giving a totally different version of what I said on the call. I replied with the date time and person I spoke to, they replied with the correct version of the phone call.

Then before Christmas I get a letter saying I haven't paid in 6 months, even though I am getting statements from Halifax and I pay by bank transfer so have a paper trail, so I forwarded a hard copy to them as proof of payment.

Then last week I got another letter ' Our response to your complaint', this makes no reference to my new agreement and included another 'financial statement.'

They just seem like a disaster, cant wait until I am rid of them in 12 months time when this €400 is paid off. In 5 years I missed 2 payments and went €60 into arrears and this is what I get!

When I call the number I was given I get through to a British call centre but I have the name of the person looking after the Ireland situation. I'll PM you this.

Imagine having a mortgage with this lot?

Sounds like you got quiet the run around, not surprised they didn't last in Ireland with that lack of customer services, as you said imagine having a mortgage I'm grateful it's just a few quid I owe them not a lifetime of mortgage payments.

Thanks for all your help I appreciate it

In all fairness I have to say I found them great to deal with when they were in Ireland.
    I lost my card while away with business and they got a new one to me within 24 hours.

• Advertisement

In all fairness I have to say I found them great to deal with when they were in Ireland.
    I lost my card while away with business and they got a new one to me within 24 hours.

Wmp can you please pm the phone number thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I think (s)he was speaking of Halifax, when they operated here..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

AFAIK all of Halifax' debts are now owned by Certus based in Dublin. 1890 81 81 81.

Advertisement