Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How much did your IBT cost?

• 18-02-2013 9:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭

For anyone that's completed the new IBT...how much did it cost?

I had originally put aside 400 to do mine when I got my new licence but have now been quoted 500 :-(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭miller50841

sean61 wrote: »

I had originally put aside 400 to do mine when I got my new licence but have now been quoted 500 :-(

Shop around there are loads doing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Xaime

My IBT cost €450 over 2 days. I also did a pre-test course for €70, although some instructors charge up to €120. If you have your own bike it is cheaper. Shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 356 ✭✭Roadskill

Xaime wrote: »
    My IBT cost €450 over 2 days. I also did a pre-test course for €70, although some instructors charge up to €120. If you have your own bike it is cheaper. Shop around.
    The problem is now it is 18 hrs unless its for a moped or A1 permit. 18 hours in 2 days is too long for new riders and the instructors imo. 3 x 6hrs is what we are doing but as for others i am not sure. Don't forget H&S also comes into it as the instructor will probably be there a hour before and after making 2 x 11 hrs days.
    You should also make sure that you get the proper course as there are a few stories going around about getting signed of after a few hours.
    Its your safety at the end of the day. Shop around but get recommendations as well if you can.;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 896 ✭✭✭blu3r0ri0n

sean61 wrote: »

Drop a pm to LookBehindYou he will look after you, anyone who has done lessons/IBT with him have nothing but good things to say about him.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

blu3r0ri0n wrote: »
    Drop a pm to LookBehindYou he will look after you, anyone who has done lessons/IBT with him have nothing but good things to say about him.

Second that :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,348 ✭✭✭the drifter

€450 over 2 days and €300 for module 5 over 1 day next weekend.

In my own opinion the original module 1-4 was the best money I ever spent. Fair enough shop around but make sure the instruction your are getting is top quality. Id rather pay 450 for good training than 250 for complete muck.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

leppla wrote: »

Id also recommend lookbehindyou

V. Good instructor

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

leppla wrote: »

I would also highly recommend Lookbehindyou for instructing, very accommodating and has all the gear to suit you and boot you. Most competitive chap around too. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

€450 over 2 days and €300 for module 5 over 1 day next weekend.

In my own opinion the original module 1-4 was the best money I ever spent. Fair enough shop around but make sure the instruction your are getting is top quality. Id rather pay 450 for good training than 250 for complete muck.

D

Price does not necessarily reflect quality. If there are a bunch of guys in a given area they'll probably try undercutting each other (or price-fixing) if there is only one around he can charge what he likes because he has less competition...

Either way I did it with Roadskill for €350 but that was 1-4.... I'll have to do the Mod 5 Conversion after May, would definitely go again. Absolute top quality and didn't try to cut corners on the safety aspects.

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭lostboy75

Hey all,

sorry for the slight thread hijack, but seeings as its about IBT.... anyone any recommendations for a instructor in the Galway / Mayo area?
    already have my old style learners permit. but will have to do the course now as had not previously done it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Second thumbs up for lookingbehindyou. He trained my Dad really well. My Dad doesn't ride much so learning a lot of things about biking other than what's written in IBT documents was great.

I don't think he live out near Galway but you could try him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭sean61

I had forgotten that the IBT now takes a bit longer thanks to module 5! I can only seem to find two instructors in Galway so I'll have to pick between them I think. Anyone looking to pair up for it to make things a bit cheaper? I hope to be doing it in the next week or two.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

I would highly recommend John Mullins for Galway IBT
    http://www.galwaymotorcycleschool.com/
    I did my initail IBT (A1 )with him already, now I need to do the conversion for my new A liscence,

Im am looking to pair up with someone for the coinversion Modules 1,3 & 5 in Galway, what permit have you got ??

Advertisement