Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Golf Betting Log

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

redzerdrog wrote: »
    in play

1pt double stroud/rose

ugh ****ed up a bit here only did the double coz i thought stroud was 4under thru 12 and couldnt believe he was still 33s but with my quick glance at the score it was actually stuard who was burning it up!

lbeb.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Haven't had the chance to look properly in a few weeks so I stayed away from backing any, unfortunately I went a bit mad with the bets this week as a result

Bets are above and 1pt = €5 so this weeks bets -18pts

will tidy up the p&l over the weekend but back to basics this week for me, struggling to put in the research lately due to work, college and new baby so not sure if i will continue this in the new year. A couple of fancies this week have had their price more than half so i am staying away as they are no longer value for me.

1pt win on hoey @100.0
    1pt win on Kingston @85.0

3pt win on Rose @7/1
    1pt win on Ormsby @220.0

outlay - 6points

2pt win jorge campillo @8/1

Old Balance: +1129pts
    Outlay since last update: 45pts
    Returns: 0 :o
    Current Balance: +1084pts

• Advertisement

Its great to have the golf back and I will start the year the same way I started last year by backing Dustin Johnson in this event, although it was before this log started. Johnson is one of by favourite golfers and I am expecting a big year from him. (I said the same thing last year) Saying that having backed him for his two wins wasnt a bad return.

I am still trying to set up a spreadsheet to see what type of bets are most successful for me etc but it still not finished.

So two bets to kick off the new year

5pt win D Johnson @8/1
    1pt win B Weekley @50/1

Outlay - 6pts

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Quahog217

Its great to have the golf back and I will start the year the same way I started last year by backing Dustin Johnson in this event, although it was before this log started. Johnson is one of by favourite golfers and I am expecting a big year from him. (I said the same thing last year) Saying that having backed him for his two wins wasnt a bad return.

I am still trying to set up a spreadsheet to see what type of bets are most successful for me etc but it still not finished.

So two bets to kick off the new year

5pt win D Johnson @8/1
    1pt win B Weekley @50/1

Outlay - 6pts

Hey man, do you back e/w much? I'm not sure sometimes to back win only or e/w at bigger prices.

Quahog217 wrote: »
    Hey man, do you back e/w much? I'm not sure sometimes to back win only or e/w at bigger prices.

yeh quite a bit but not so much in events like this that only pay 4 places each way. I would rarely back below a 16s shot e/w in the golf though.

It also depends a lot on the golfer/price/e/w terms and the betfair price, I dont have a set strategy that I am rigid to. For example someone like Micheal Hoey I would mostly back to win as he is just as likely to win as he is to finish in top 10, he has more wins than top 10s over the last few years. Another factor is a player might be available @66/1 to back each way but you could get 100.0 on betfair win only. You might also have bookies paying 7 places in some events making it more likely I will back e/w.

In short yeh I do back e/w but there is so many aspects to consider before I do.

yesterday during the boards blackout i managed to convince myself m thompson could be value 33/1 before play. didnt quite work out.

1pt e/w thompson @33/1 3places

Its a strange week for me this week as a few that i like in the sony are not value at this stage, so no bet for me at this stage. This may change tomorrow.

European tour event i like a few. I have backed 2 so far as the price had gone on the other 2. I may get more involved after the first round.

bets
    Bjorn 3pt win @12/1
    Uhilien 1pt win @33/1

• Advertisement

finally narrowed the sony open down to 3 i had 10 on my 'shortlist' unfortunetly as i was so late i just had to take the price on offer in one bookies and coukd shop around

De jong 1pt e/w @40/1
    ishakawa 0.5pt e/w @66/1
    bae 0.5pt e/w @125/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

finally narrowed the sony open down to 3 i had 10 on my 'shortlist' unfortunetly as i was so late i just had to take the price on offer in one bookies and coukd shop around

De jong 1pt e/w @40/1
    ishakawa 0.5pt e/w @66/1
    bae 0.5pt e/w @125/1

at what stage was Bae 125/1 in running??

at what stage was Bae 125/1 in running??

at about 5 past 6 which was 15minute into his round. I hadnt even realised his round had started

van der walt 0.5pt e/w @100/1
    rumford 0.5pt e/w @150/1

no returns last week unfortunately as I had shortlisted Walker but as I said my shortlist wasnt exactly short.

I have a couple of strong fancies for this week also gona have a look at frl markets

I havent got all my bets finalised yet for this week but I am conscience that the european tour event kicks off in a few hours. I haven't got a strong fancy this but have doubled rory and bjorn into my two pga picks (snedeker and horschel)

also have wattel as FRL @66/1

will put up details of all bets tomorrow though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bobwilliams

I havent got all my bets finalised yet for this week but I am conscience that the european tour event kicks off in a few hours. I haven't got a strong fancy this but have doubled rory and bjorn into my two pga picks (snedeker and horschel)

great shout on Wattel,thought you might have got bigger than 66,bit scabby imo

great shout on Wattel,thought you might have got bigger than 66,bit scabby imo

He was 50s in most places and touched 70s once on betfair so happy enough that it was pretty much the best price available.

Only 0.5pts on it and it will be split 3 ways but still happy enough to get off the mark and its a free weekend already for me.

I like Stallings for FRL in the Humana tonight but struggling to get any decent price on it

Abu Dhabi
    0.5pt win Wattel First Round Leader @66/1

Humana
    4pts win Snedeker @20.0
    4pts win Horschel @28/1

Multiples
    1pt doubles Rory(13/2)/Bjorn(22/1) into Snedeker (16/1)/Horschel (28/1)

Outlay -12.5pts

Terrible day for my picks so just gona a throw a couple of speculative darts at humana

0.5pt win Putman @220.0
    0.5pt win Tringale @220.0

• Advertisement

Old Balance: +1084pts
    Outlay since last update: 30.5pts
    Returns: 11.5pts
    Current Balance: +1064pts
    2014 Balance: -20pts

A few fancies this week, ended up speculating a little more than originally planned but half of it is actually free bets. Also have a one or two more I hoping drift before I take a price.

Qatar Master
    P Hanson 3pt win @28/1
    S Hansen 0.5pt e/w @150/1
    D Howell 0.5pt e/w @150
    All with boylesports so money back if 2nd to Stenson

Farmers
    Snedeker 2pt win @33/1
    Haas 2pt E/W @28/1 paying 6 places

Outlay - 10pts

B Stuard 1pt e/w @66/1 paying 6 places

R. Gonzalez 0.5pt win @90.0

unmatched
    Stone 0.5pt win @140 (if not matched before play starts this will cancel)

R. Gonzalez 0.5pt win @90.0

unmatched
    Stone 0.5pt win @140 (if not matched before play starts this will cancel)

well that went well!!

ah feck it i need a runner for this after straud didnt challange at all today.

1pt win stallings @40s
    1pt win perez @14s

sf7g.png

Boom

A nice winner which was badly needed to get back to winning ways!

I noticed am always a lot quicker to update my p&l after a winner:p

Old Balance: +1064pts
    Outlay: 15pts
    Returns: 41pts
    Current Balance: +1090pts
    2014 Balance: +6pts

• Registered Users Posts: 34,164 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Nice one lad! Stallings been good to me in past. You're now in the club:)

Difficult week this week with some of the big guns heading for Dubai, I do like Rory this week but at 7/2 am not getting involved, might have him in some doubles though. Gona give Peter Hanson another chance in Dubai and will more than likely be back with one more and possibly a FRL. Phoenix is wide open and could make a case for half the field here. Happy enough with the two I have thus far but might take someone at a big price later.

Bets so far:
    Dubai
    P. Hanson 1pt e/w @40/1 6places

Phoenix
    B. Horschel 2pt e/w @35/1 5places
    R. Palmer 2pt win @35/1

Outlay - 8pts

• Advertisement

Have lots of free bets due to opening new accounts so the outlay this week is more than usual but half of it is actually free bets.

Dubai
    Steve Webster 1pt e/w @100/1

Pheonix
    gonzo castano 1pt e/w @150/1

webster/gonzo 0.5pt e/w double

0.5pt trixie Mcilroy/Moore/Charley Hull

Advertisement