Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

best bichon groomer in limerick

• 18-02-2013 10:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭

Hey I haveva 6 month old bichon frise that I would like to start getting the show style cut can anyone please reccomend a brilliant bichon groomer thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Craigels

Craigels wrote: »
    Hey I haveva 6 month old bichon frise that I would like to start getting the show style cut can anyone please reccomend a brilliant bichon groomer thanks

Anyone used fluffy pups in meelik

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

Hi Craigels

We have used them for our Lowchen. They will give an excellent cut. The photos on the Facebook site give you a good feel for the quality.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Anyone used fluffy pups in meelik

Yep! I've been going to Fluffy Puppies for years, Noelle is brilliant with the dogs, so professional and the dogs love her! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭pleuraXeraphim

The Before and After photos are great.

Scroll to the bottom of the screen on their Facebook page and you can see them.

http://www.facebook.com/fluffy.puppies.7/photos_stream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 66 ✭✭Nicky30

I would definately recommend Noelle from fluffy pups. She's the only groomer with a city and guilds qualification in Limerick.

Bichon frise look amazing in the show cut :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38 mnstlj

i would highly recommend John Webster on the newport road ..he has groomed show dogs since he was young as did his mother before him ...he has loads of certifiates on his wall and prices are very reasonable ...cant think of the name of his buisness im afraid...

mnstlj wrote: »
    i would highly recommend John Webster on the newport road ..he has groomed show dogs since he was young as did his mother before him ...he has loads of certifiates on his wall and prices are very reasonable ...cant think of the name of his buisness im afraid...
    Does he have A Facebook or contact details I'm taking snoop to fluffy puppies Wednesday hoping all goes well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post:

Right Folks.

Have cleaned up a few posts. I don't want to see anymore posts about how a friend/relative/work colleague said that groomer X did such and such a thing to their dog. I also don't want to see comments imploring others not to use Business A or Business B.

Only comment from your own experiences with a groomer, and even then only do so if you are 100% willing to stand behind your comments. Just remember anything that you say online is as open to recourse as any other form of communication if untrue. This goes for both sides of any online debate/discussion. If people wish to go into detail, then I suggest they take it to pm where they can arrange to discuss their difference of opinions elsewhere.

Anymore comments that cannot be substantiated will see folk getting a break from the forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Mod Post:

Due to a constant stream of reported posts, and the re-reporting of posts that posters edited themselves, I have removed all posts referring to one dog grooming service. But in the interest of fairness I have removed all reported posts that mentioned that business be they positive or negative.

So from here on in order to avoid a stream of reported posts regarding that business any post naming that particular business will be deleted regardless of whether the review is positive or negative.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

Kess73 wrote: »
    Mod Post:

Due to a constant stream of reported posts, and the re-reporting of posts that posters edited themselves, I have removed all posts referring to one dog grooming service. But in the interest of fairness I have removed all reported posts that mentioned that business be they positive or negative.

So from here on in order to avoid a stream of reported posts regarding that business any post naming that particular business will be deleted regardless of whether the review is positive or negative.

>snip<

Mod post: You have been replied to by pm.

To everyone else: Any questions or queries are to be by PM and not in thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,004 ✭✭✭Butterfly25

Hello OP! Just wondering how you got on today?

She's brilliant, isn't she!? :)

Hello OP! Just wondering how you got on today?

She's brilliant, isn't she!? :)

Hey yea I'm happy enough she cut the his head a bit shorter then I would of liked... She also charged 40

I will go back to to my original groomer Kelly in Westbury she really is brilliant and only charges me 10 for a full groom I'm glad I tried someone else but for Kellys price she really is excellent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭bullets

only charges me 10 for a full groom I'm glad I tried

Kinda shocked by only getting charged a tenner. 30-35 I would consider cheap and 40 pretty standard for a breed like a Bichon that would have an awful lot more work involved than say a Jack Rusell etc What between Wash/Dry/Clip/style/nails/ears/eyes/anal glands there's probably 2.5/3 hrs work involved
    so you regular groomers is could be working for only rougly 3.30 Euros an hour!!! WOW!
    [EDIT: only guessing on the time it takes but for a tenner for full groom is cheap]

~B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭gregers85

Hey yea I'm happy enough she cut the his head a bit shorter then I would of liked... She also charged 40

I will go back to to my original groomer Kelly in Westbury she really is brilliant and only charges me 10 for a full groom I'm glad I tried someone else but for Kellys price she really is excellent.

Where in westbury is she located?? At those prices would def be worth checking her out! I'm only living 5 mins away too!

He is only 6 months so that's probably why I have been going to her since my dog was about 12 weeks old every 5 weeks she does everything and always puts a cute little neck tie of some sort on him she really is brilliant the only reason I tried else where was to see the difference... Everyone in the Westbury area goes too her.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭al-pal

He is only 6 months so that's probably why I have been going to her since my dog was about 12 weeks old every 5 weeks she does everything and always puts a cute little neck tie of some sort on him she really is brilliant the only reason I tried else where was to see the difference... Everyone in the Westbury area goes too her.

Hi there,

Would you have a contact number for Kelly? looking to get our one groomed and v long waiting time in petmania and top dog currently.

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

If you havent tried La Paws, try them - parents bring their shih-tzu there and are so happy with it. She even comes home with bows on her ears sometimes!

Well did any of you try Kelly?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 550 ✭✭✭xxlauraxxox

hey craigels can u pm me her number my fella badly needs a groom :) thanks

I called her today but got no answer! will try late nd let yu know!

• Advertisement

If u send her a text she will always reply

I got through to her any way! my dog is too big lol she doesnt have the facility for him! hoping to have a bigger tub installed by the summer! oh well into the bathtub as usual it is haha

Has anyone used dial a dog wash? It's a mobile van that comes to your home and grooms your dogs from the van the also do annual packages this would be very handy?

www.dialadogwashlimerick.ie

Have any of you used petmania?

Advertisement