Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long Shot!! Please keep your ears open for my stolen camera

Options
  • 18-02-2013 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

Stolen here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056883212

It was a Canon 30d dslr camera in full kit bag with 3 lenses, various other equipment such as charger, filters etc etc. The camera bag is a rucksack style.

My insurance won't cover anything like the replacement costs so no point in claiming.

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Andy

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

It wouldn't do any harm to go into that cash converters place on Clanbrassil St, somebody might try to sell it on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

annex wrote: »
    It wouldn't do any harm to go into that cash converters place on Clanbrassil St, somebody might try to sell it on.
    Good idea mate, never even considered that as an option! Would you know if there's one in Drogheda at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 224 ✭✭annex

I wouldn't have a clue, I haven't been in Drogheda in years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Merch

I always wondered why digital cameras dont have password access like phones?
    or why upon turning it on, that it couldn't display an email/phone number
    ie owner, contact, available prior to password.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭gipi

Good idea mate, never even considered that as an option! Would you know if there's one in Drogheda at all?

There was one in the West St shopping arcade, near the Westcourt hotel, not sure if it's still there.

Hope the camera turns up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭ozmo

Stolen here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056883212

It was a Canon 30d dslr camera in full kit bag with 3 lenses, various other equipment such as charger, filters etc etc.

Any help/info would be appreciated.

Andy

Longshot- but Would it be possible to run an occasional search of flikr or other for the exif meta data you camera adds to files?
    That camera records the lenses used as well doesnt it? As well as your real user name if they forget to change it.... Maybe check some old photos see if any unique info in it that might help searching for other photos taken with the camera??..

Eg some metadata here:
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Canon_EOS_30D_back.jpg

“Roll it back”

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭CBRLizzie

There's a Canon 580EX II Pro flash for sale on "Lads! The Place to Sell Your **** ... Dublin" on Facebook. Apologies to whoever's selling it if its genuine, but worth a look at those sites anyway. There's quite a few buy, sell, swap sites on Facebook where it wouldn't be too hard to offload second hand goods.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

CBRLizzie wrote: »
    There's a Canon 580EX II Pro flash for sale on "Lads! The Place to Sell Your **** ... Dublin" on Facebook. Apologies to whoever's selling it if its genuine, but worth a look at those sites anyway. There's quite a few buy, sell, swap sites on Facebook where it wouldn't be too hard to offload second hand goods.

It might be worth letting the lads in the Drogheda camera club know also in case any of them come across it.

http://www.droghedaphotoclub.com

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

There's the cash trade place abbey shopping centre facing the car park and there was a cash trade place inside the centre too. I'd check both of these places and inform them about your camera they might keep a look out. A lot of selling groups on Facebook try them and also it might be worth trying the markets that are on at the weekends.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 34,567 ✭✭✭✭Biggins

Dingatron wrote: »
    It might be worth letting the lads in the Drogheda camera club know also in case any of them come across it.

http://www.droghedaphotoclub.com

As a member myself - I will mention it next Tuesday (classes) and Thursday's meeting.

Also, the OP should drop into "Colin" (also a club member but sometimes is unable to attend meetings) in Mathers and say it to him also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

Great news. I got a call this afternoon from a Guard in Santry. He's recovered my camera and all my equipment! Happy days :D

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭highlandseoghan

Brilliant thats great news.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭Scotty #

Great news. I got a call this afternoon from a Guard in Santry. He's recovered my camera and all my equipment! Happy days :D
    Well that is fantastic! Any more details?

I was just reading yesterday that of the 7 armed robberies in Drogheda in the last 2 weeks, the Gardai have caught those responsible for 6 of them. An outstanding achievement I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Nice to hear your gear was recovered intact. Unfortunately the tolls don't seem to be keeping the criminal element away.:pac:

Advertisement