Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 2 Week 7 Results

Options
  • 18-02-2013 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭

Hoping to see heli post in here soon about a victory against the panthers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭The_Gatsby

Raoul wrote: »
    Hoping to see heli post in here soon about a victory against the panthers

Likewise!

Anyway, Falcons 59-Colts 14

Lots of INTs by Luck didn't help the Colts. They started with a great drive to get into the Falcons redzone but a 102YD INT return by Moore killed all momentum the Colts had. From here it was tough for them to get back into it. There were some lucky plays that helped the Falcons but at the end of the day, their offense was pretty powerful with Matt Ryan achieving a perfect passer rating and Turner totalling about 160YDs.

Like I said in the other thread Big Daddy Rock, don't think anything of that game, it was full of "Madden Moments". Good luck with your season and hopefully you don't leave us!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Panthers@ Titans
    Titans receive first and punt, Titans force a fumble, Titans recover and Leshoure powers them towards the endzone and then over for a TD.
    Colin McCarthy picks off a pass and makes a few yards.

I then throw a crazy pass after pressing the wrong button, very luckily its dropped. Titans kick 3.

Panthers move it but McCarthy almosts picks another pass off, Will Witherspoon picks off a pass.
    I go screen but my WR Wright comes out in HB, i call a TO and pick another screen and its the same.
    Leshoure powers overs for a TD.

Panthers are moving it well and the Newton gets a rushing TD, Titans cant do much and Panther use TOs, Babineaux picks off a pass.
    Locker takes off on a run... he's hit and fumbles! Panthers recover with 4 seconds

HT and Titans are up 7-17 Panthers receive and almost go all the way but the returner runs into his own man.
    Matthew then gets a very nice TD and its a 3 point game.
    Titans fumble... but recover! Locker fumbles! But Titans recover 2nd and 20.. Locker fumbler again! Titans recover! titans punt... its out at the 1 .
    yard line. Panthers go run and its a safety
    its kicked.. Its a fumble.. but the Titans recover again.
    Titans punt

Newton is so hard to put down, he bounces around the pocket and then McCarthy drops what should be a pick, Steve Smith makes a key 3rd down play and then a screen pass along with some great blocking gets a TD and a 2 point conversion

Panthers now up by 3, Titans march down the field, they are at the 42 yard line with 3 TOs and the 2 min warning, Leshoure breaks a tackle, Leach blocks and its TD Titans!

Titans up by 4 with 1:50 left, cant stop the panthers at all now and they get tot he 25 yard line with 45 seconds left

23 seconds left... Titans back off and its a mistake! key completion but the Panthers run out of time after the Titans D make a goal line stand.

Some Stats:
    Titans with 202 yards of offense, 180 rushing
    Panthers with 349 yards of offense, 45 rushing

Locker with a rating of 61, 5 from 11, 56 yards, 0 ints and 0 TDs
    Newton with a rating of 88, 26 from 34, 325 yards, 2 TDs and 3 ints

Mikel Leshoure, 27 carries, 169 yards and 3 TDs
    Newton gets 44 yards from 5 carries and 1 TD

No surprises on the receiving stats as Steve Smith gets 9 catches for 143 yards and a TD.
    Stewart gets 54 yards

Jason McCourty gets 3 sacks + 1 FF
    Thomas Davis gets 3 sacks + 3 FF

Good game Matthew, I got into an early lead and probably got too adventurous with my play calling.

The big difference here was that offensively i pretty much stuck to my game plan, i had the ball for 20 mins and Matthew for 10.
    Defensively I set out to stifle the pass and while it left me open to the run, the runs didnt hurt that much from Newton

Keep your QBs away from Thomas Davis :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

It pained me to see it bounce away from me so much. Especially one time my player tried to dive on it with no one around him, and missed it completely. Throwing it to Stewart on first and goal was crap too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,658 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

Yeah on both your passes on first and goal they were 2-3 yards short and my D just stepped up to hammer the receiver, they could easily have waltzed into the endzone though, but very unlucky on the fumbles, on the one you describe Locker rolled out right and then got nailed by your DT i think and then someone dived for the ball and completely missed it, that was about my 30 yard line too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

6 interceptions in 2 games now. I really think the game changed when I ran with Newton. Left myself in too big a hole at the end of the day. Chomping at the bit for the Saints next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,749 ✭✭✭Raoul

matthew8 wrote: »
    6 interceptions in 2 games now. I really think the game changed when I ran with Newton. Left myself in too big a hole at the end of the day. Chomping at the bit for the Saints next week.

Me too!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Ha.

The_Gatsby wrote: »
    Likewise!

Anyway, Falcons 59-Colts 14

Lots of INTs by Luck didn't help the Colts. They started with a great drive to get into the Falcons redzone but a 102YD INT return by Moore killed all momentum the Colts had. From here it was tough for them to get back into it. There were some lucky plays that helped the Falcons but at the end of the day, their offense was pretty powerful with Matt Ryan achieving a perfect passer rating and Turner totalling about 160YDs.

Like I said in the other thread Big Daddy Rock, don't think anything of that game, it was full of "Madden Moments". Good luck with your season and hopefully you don't leave us!

Can you just fill us in on how come the score was so big. 45 point difference. We are trying to just be more proactive in making sure the game is enjoyable for everyone. So I would hope that you weren't passing and running in TDs in the 4th quarter.

Not accusing you of doing that. Just checking!

Can you just fill us in on how come the score was so big. 45 point difference. We are trying to just be more proactive in making sure the game is enjoyable for everyone. So I would hope that you weren't passing and running in TDs in the 4th quarter.

Not accusing you of doing that. Just checking!

Yeah, no problem Raoul!

I don't believe I ran up the score at all, it was close to 59 points before the 4th quarter. I could have had another pick 6 in the 4th but just didn't move once I'd intercepted the ball and let myself get tackled. I also got in field goal range in the 4th and punted into the endzone. I was consistently running from about 6 minutes left in the 4th.

I'm sure Rock will confirm this. I know running up the score can be annoying and I am very aware of this so once it gets to the 4th I really do try to run out the clock!

That seems fair enough, thanks!

Was hoping I would be able to ban you for a week just to make sure you were out of the divisional race. Ha :)

That seems fair enough, thanks!

Was hoping I would be able to ban you for a week just to make sure you were out of the divisional race. Ha :)

I think I have a game with Matthew coming up, there's bound to be some controversy there! :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭Berty44

In a battle of the unbeatens Chiefs overcome the Jags 35-14.

Q1: The Jags took an early lead when Tebow found Robinson on a fabulous PA pass to Robinson. Chiefs tied it up when Bowe evaded his tackler and scampered 60 yards. Jags fumbled the kickoff and the Chiefs took the lead with a Succop FG.

Q2: A 34 yard Bowe TD extended the lead before a 13 yard MJD draw reduced the deficit. Some punts were traded before Succop kicked a 54 yard FG as the half ended.

Q3: Charles extended the lead with an 11 yard pass as both sides began to turn the ball over.

Q4: A 34 yard Charles run put the seal on the win.

Closer than the score reflects, the Jags got no luck in this one giving up two fumbles. Great chatting Mikey !

• Registered Users Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Yep, cheers for the game Berty.

The story of this one was the Jags fumbling the ball at crucial moments. After a brilliant start with a pick on the first drive and a nice TD to get Tebow flowing, a fumble on a kickoff recovery changed the lead and I never saw it again. Berty had the game won going into the 4th, and I threw 3 of my 4 interceptions with late desperation plays.

I have 3 CPU games coming up in a row now. While unbelievably boring, it will at least give me a chance to get my players in form for a difficult run in.

Well done to Berty, better player won, no doubt about that, just a little disheartening to see what could have been a closer game slip out of my hands... Literally.

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭notyalc666

Eagles beat the Giants 42 - 21

Despite throwing 5 interceptions Eli still threw 300 yards, i just couldn't stop him when he got going.

Vick had 3 TD's 1 Int and 238 yards.

Travis Beckum was a pain. 10 receptions 164 yards

Desean was not a pain. 8 receptions 174 yards

Good game empacher, I'll see you after my tough bye week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Redskins 30-0 Rams

Nothing at all went right for guns4all in this one as early picks by Campbell put the Rams in a hole they couldn't get out of. The killing blow was with 1:30 left in the first quarter, Santana Moss caught a 80 yard pass for a touchdown to make it 24-0 and unfortunately the Rams couldn't recover.

Thanks for the game mate, best of luck with Bradford next week :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Carroller

Pats 20 - 7 Dolohins

Had a good start running the ball but couldn't make it could. Played slightly better on defence than my last game but could stop the pats run game!

Good game Dave

0-6 for the dolphins ooooh yeaaah

34-3 Saints v Vikings.

My word, Kurt Warner is a piece of poo. 5 interceptions. 6 passes out of 25 for 65 yards and the worst QB rating I have ever seen 1.7.

It was tough not to score more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,395 ✭✭✭✭mikemac1

Oh dear :(

Twas a typical day in Cleveland, hard hitting run defense (two forced fumbles :cool:), decent running performance (Trent Richardson making Polomalu grasp fresh air :cool:) but an absolutly shocking passing performance with 6 picks :o

Steelers took the lead with an early pick 6.

Browns drove up the field with a well executed drive and then throw a redone pick 6 :rolleyes:

Was all over from there.

Steelers GM shows good nerve with slotting over a 49yd FG.
    A Browns safety and a 60 yd pass to Mike Wallace rounded off the score.

Steelers GM shows some considerable class by not running up the score and passing on some useful tips.
    Much appreciated :)

MVP
    Ike Taylor with 2 pick 6's and he was a beast in man coverage all day.
    Greg Little shut down completly.
    Immense performance.

Thanks for the game, good luck against the Ravens caw caw!

Cary Williams is out running laps after a facemask penalty on 3rd and long :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭etloveslsd

Thanks Mike,

Those 2 picks sixes were killer.

My whole secondary has been on form this season. It's an area I felt I needed to improve on from last season. You need a good secondary in this division, Gunslingers everywhere.

You're run d was excellent this evening, I did break off 2 or 3 runs of 10 or more yards but all the other runs were hard earned yards or backwards.

Not happy with my offence, took until the second half to get anything going. 2 fumbles and a pick early on suggested they didn't want to be on the field.

Bye week now then 2 games against arch nemesis Ravens in there in, including a big one on the final day of the season, could be the division decider.

34-3 Saints v Vikings.

My word, Kurt Warner is a piece of poo. 5 interceptions. 6 passes out of 25 for 65 yards and the worst QB rating I have ever seen 1.7.

It was tough not to score more.

Really strange here. Went to do my practice and the score wasn't recorded. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

have to play this ****e game again!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Really strange here. Went to do my practice and the score wasn't recorded. :confused::confused::confused::confused:

have to play this ****e game again!!

You need to exit out of the game, not just turn it off.

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »
    You need to exit out of the game, not just turn it off.

Cheers, didn't think warner could get any worse, I was wrong. 0.0 QB rating. :o

9 ints!

Happened to me before, it's such a pain

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭giffney1991

Great game in Oakland where home advantage secured the raiders a big win over both new gm of chargers!

Chargers go 1st with nice drive but raiders pull out a 3rd down stop and chargers settle for field goal! Raiders drive up the field with some run and pass mixs and get a touchdown pass with TE. No 3rd and outs in the 1st half but 2 picks by chargers lead then back to 17-10 lead near the end of the half!

Key moments: raiders are 17-10 down after throw a int that resulted in a touchdown! On the chargers 45 with 2 seconds on clock. Went with the screen pass and McFadden tricked and trucked his way through the blocks and came out a hero with a half time touchdown with raiders getting ball back in 2nd half

17-17

Oakland go in for the score again early in the 3rd Q. Chargers throw a pick 6 soon after and raiders, in their relish, get done over with a instant response. Chargers play a screen pass (karma) and go from their on 40 to run it back in.

34-24 was final score

From here it became a defensive battle with chargers playing great coverage and forcing quick 3 and puts well in my own half! Oakland defensive line sacked 6 times and collect 2 picks, the last of which was with 1 minutes on the clock. Oakland run then kneel it out!

Way closer than you think, ****ting myself with chargers moving the chains fast in the opening of both halfs, coverage was muck!

Great game shane. Glad your back

Looking 4ward to next time

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Kinda was waiting on the hawks to put up the result but after a mare of a second qtr where the Gods of Luck fell off a cliff and landed in a barrel of horse mince, I conceded 28pts in that quarter and couldn't get over the line despite mixing it up nicely I thought. Lost 34-3 I think or maybe 37-3. Anyway if you are on forth down in the third and are 28 behind are you allowed to go for it? I didn't because I thought it was breaking a rule but felt like I should have been. Didn't do a lot wrong but losing this and with my schedule I think the NFC West is moving to Seattle this season, hope to get my MLB's back starting with Willis in two games time and try and get a couple of wins to possibly finish second.

Where were you on the the 4th down on the pitch?

if you are behind by 28 most likely inside the opponents half going for it on 4th isn't that uncommon.

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭theoneadlum

madalig12 wrote: »
    Kinda was waiting on the hawks to put up the result but after a mare of a second qtr where the Gods of Luck fell off a cliff and landed in a barrel of horse mince, I conceded 28pts in that quarter and couldn't get over the line despite mixing it up nicely I thought. Lost 34-3 I think or maybe 37-3. Anyway if you are on forth down in the third and are 28 behind are you allowed to go for it? I didn't because I thought it was breaking a rule but felt like I should have been. Didn't do a lot wrong but losing this and with my schedule I think the NFC West is moving to Seattle this season, hope to get my MLB's back starting with Willis in two games time and try and get a couple of wins to possibly finish second.

I certainly wouldn't have objected to you going for it. I haven't had a chance to post the match recap until now. Hope you win more than the couple you're expecting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭madalig12

Where were you on the the 4th down on the pitch?

if you are behind by 28 most likely inside the opponents half going for it on 4th isn't that uncommon.

Somewhere around my 40 I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,093 ✭✭✭Guffy

Pretty sure your allowed go for it once from anywhere in the field but been a while since I read the rules

Advertisement