Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cost of a sliding door for a porch

Options
  • 18-02-2013 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭

Anybody got any idea how much a sliding door for a front porch would cost. Anyone I contact want to come out and give me the sales talk as where I'm just trying to figure out a rough estimate of a price.

The door has to be white Upvc with no letter box.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭lionela

stevekavo wrote: »
    Anybody got any idea how much a sliding door for a front porch would cost. Anyone I contact want to come out and give me the sales talk as where I'm just trying to figure out a rough estimate of a price.

The door has to be white Upvc with no letter box.

Thanks

Sliding Patio door.

From experience they come as a Kit to include frame and track and all the trim.
    You can't just buy a door....it has to run on something....unless you are talking about replaceing just the door part of an existing frame.

I was quoted €800 for an aluminium slidind patio arrangment....but I thinK UPVC
    would be more expensive

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭stevekavo

I need the whole lot Track included. I got one company who gave me an estimate of 3/4 grand. :eek: It's a standard size not the size of a barn door.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭650gs

I would need to see where the door is going to be sure not for any sales talk, just to be sure but off the top of my head supply and fit about 1200 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 46,052 ✭✭✭✭muffler

650gs wrote: »
    I would need to see where the door is going to be sure not for any sales talk, just to be sure but off the top of my head supply and fit about 1200 euro
    I think that would be a reasonable price.

Depending on quality, design, glazing, locking etc etc I think you wont get anything less than a grand (worth talking about anyhow) and expect to pay anything up to €1600 - €1800 for a door of reasonable spec.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,833 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

edit

• Advertisement
Advertisement