Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Medical Examination

Options
  • 18-02-2013 10:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Anyone have information ont he following:

Applied for my visa and currently in the middle of stage 2 where one of the sections is the medical. I have located the panel physicians who can undertake the medical, who are in Dublin and after making an appointment, the lady told me that I need to bring the special form with me to the exam.

Im struggling to find the "special form"...

I aim to go on a working visa alone but cant find anything on this except to look on my local visa website which would be the London office, again I've found nothing!!

Anyone have any information???

Thanks F

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭giggii

fend wrote: »
    Hey all,

Anyone have information ont he following:

Applied for my visa and currently in the middle of stage 2 where one of the sections is the medical. I have located the panel physicians who can undertake the medical, who are in Dublin and after making an appointment, the lady told me that I need to bring the special form with me to the exam.

Im struggling to find the "special form"...

I aim to go on a working visa alone but cant find anything on this except to look on my local visa website which would be the London office, again I've found nothing!!

Anyone have any information???

Thanks F

You should have a "Request for Medical Exam" form as part of your required docs, you tick the box on the form, submit it and the CIC sends you on the form that you have to take to the doctor, which they fill out and you upload again... In the middle of trying to sort it myself (need a medical as I'll be working in a lab...) but that's what I got from it...

• Registered Users Posts: 661 ✭✭✭fend

Thanks for your reply, where do I submit it? Iv looked everywhere for a link or email address but cant seem to find it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mair10

Sorry to be writing in an old thread but I'm wondering do any of you have further info on the medical. I'm still waiting to receive this form....do you know how long it will add to processing times for the visa? Thanks so much in advance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

What kind of Visa is it for? If it's the IEC I don't think you need to do a medical unless you're working with kids/in healthcare

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mair10

COYVB wrote: »
    What kind of Visa is it for? If it's the IEC I don't think you need to do a medical unless you're working with kids/in healthcare
    Yep its the IEC and I will be working in both healthcare & with kids! I've heard from someone in my profession who went to Canada on IEC last year that I should get the medical before I go cause its a long drawn out process if you do it when you get there....now I'm regretting taking this route! Looks like it will be a long process either way.. thanks for your reply though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement